Ultramarines 5th Company Captain Galenus Conversion

Cpt. Galenus WIP

Cpt. Galenus WIP

Cpt. Galenus WIP

Here we have the beginnings of my Ultramarines 5th Company Captain Galenus Conversion.

If you look at my gallery you will see that that this my second Captain Galenus conversion. I was inspired to by the description of Captain SIcarius' armour and honors in the space marine codex to try and create something more ornate. I was also inspired by the 5th company captains shoulder pad as shown in the previous codex and insignium astartes. Shoulder shows a white two headed imperial eagle with a central circle containing a V. I initially converted this using some forgeworld brass and tthe shoulder pad from the old captain Corteaz model. This one used the shoulder pad from Sevrin Loth, it is a much better and more 3d sculpt which i think adds character to the model in a similar way to Sicarius large personal heraldry.

I'm going to add an Ultramarines symbol to the disc on his abdomen, there are a few gaps that need to be filled, the back pack and perhaps a few purity seals aswell.

I would really like to add a cape to the figure, i think that it would go really well with the dynamic pose, but i'm not that confident in my sculpting ability and am not sure from where to source a suitable existing one. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

I would also like to add a shoulder shield but I don't think it would suit the model, again thoughts would be welcomed. 

I gave him a plasma pistol so that I could field him as Sicarius.

Archived