2500 Istvaan Survivors List ( IH + Salamanders )

SillyDreadnought

After a lot of faffing around I finally have a list I want to share. I generally like doing themed lists, but I try to make them tough and fun to play with and against. Well, here it is. Let me know what you think.

++HQ, Primary Detachment ( Iron Hands )++

Legion Praetor. Iron Father Upgrade, Thunder Hammer, Iron Halo, Cyber-Familiar ( 205 )

++ Troops ++

20 Tacticals, Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Combi-Weapon ( 280 )

20 Tacticals, Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Combi-Weapon ( 280 )

++ Elites ++

Apothecarion Detachment: 3x Apothecaries (135 )

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, 5 models. 1x Volkite Charger, 4x Power Weapons, Vexilla, Furious Charge ( 185 )

Medusan Immortals: 10 ( 250 )

++ Fast Attack ++

Tarantula Sentry Guns: x3 Twin Linked Lascannons, Forward Deployment ( 135 )

++ Heavy Support ++

Legion Heavy Support Squad: x5 Plasma Cannons ( 210 )

Legion Predator Squadron: 2x Predators, Lascannon Sponsons on both, Dozer Blades on both ( 240 )

++ HQ, Allied Detachment ( Salamanders )++

Centurion: Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Artificer Weapons, Inferno Pistol, Power Sword, Melta Bomb ( 110 )

++ Troops ++

15 Tacticals, Nuncio Vox, Vexilla, Sergeant with Inferno Pistol, Artificer Armour, Artificer Weapons ( 205 )

++ Elites ++

Rapier Platform: Laser Destroyer ( 55 )

++ Heavy Support ++

Whirlwind Scorpius ( 115 )

++ Fortifications ++

Aegis Defense Line ( 50 )

I think the theme should be pretty clear, shattered Dropsite survivors regrouping somewhere with a defense line, setting up some portable turrets as sentries. Some tanks, predominately infantry based. The Salamanders I realize don't add a whole lot to the list, but I think they add a whole lot to the theme and the aesthetic appearance of the army. And I really wanted the Salamanders to show up with their characters still toting their artificer weaponry and equipment despite the horrific losses the Legion took at the Dropsite. The Iron Hands form the implacable center of the army, with the majority of the bodies and tanks. The Immortals are there for a tough as nails objective taker/holder unit, with the support of the Tactical Marines. The ADL gives me options for my deployment zone and sheltering objectives.

The Veterans are the bodyguard unit for the Praetor, and they would be used to either spearhead an assault on an objective with the Immortals, or to counter-charge something attacking the infantry. With the Iron Father himself, I can use his battlesmith roll to keep my few tanks working, and his servo arm adds another S8 attack in close combat.

The Tarantulas also let me deploy further forward with some Anti-tank weaponry, working with the Predators and Rapier to tackle enemy tanks or heavy infantry. I realize the list would fail hard against say, a Land Raider heavy assault, but I'm happy with that. It's what would've been used to oust them from their defensive positions anyway.

Still, let me know what you think.

Archived