Angels of Darkness - RayJ's WIP and finished models

RayJ

I don't have much to show off yet, but 7th Edition has me getting back into the swing of Dark Angels, and I'm updating my army to match my newer paint style. I kind of found where I wanted to go with the army at the beginning of 6th Edition, but the rules kind of moved me towards playing a lot of Eldar. Now I'm back to my starting army and loving every minute of it. I've decided to start by taking the 1850 list I've been using lately and getting that completely up-to-date on the painting.

First up is a Land Raider Crusader that I am using for my DWT squad. This guy will be all blinged out. Dozer blades, Extra Armor. Right now I've just got the green & black redone. I had to spend a lot of time cleaning up the older silver edging that some of you may remember before I built up the grey highlights. The plan is to add some sort of mural after the basic scheme is done to signify this as a Deathwing Vehicle and its Venerable Status.

DA LR 1

I'll be working on this guy until he is done before moving onto the next piece. I do have Azrael and Ezekiel finished, so I'll probably upload those pretty soon too, I just only had the LRC with me when I was taking photos last night.

Here I have Azrael and Ezekiel all finished up, though I need to touch up the ring on Zeke's base:

gallery_30758_9807_322480.jpg

Here is a Ravenwing Attack Squad on in progress. Riders and speeder still need work:

gallery_30758_9807_613682.jpg

And the Land Raider Crusader almost ready for some sealer after today's work:

gallery_30758_9807_351154.jpg

I do like the weathering on your character models, that gives them a nice 'grounded' feel. I can't tell from the pictures, but have you done that with the bikes and Land Raider too?

Not yet, Gillyfish, but it is definitely in the plan. I do that as the last step, and both of those units still have other details to finish (squad markings, hazards, lenses, and a mural on the Land Raider)

I have another Ravenwing Sergeant and a RWCS Standard Bearer that are done and weathered that I need to get some images of. I get model ADD and don't quite finish stuff, but it keeps me interested. I love having all sorts of units that are working well in the army right now, as it gives me lots of things to paint that I have incentive to make look good for the table.

I also didn't realize how blurry those pictures were. I uploaded them and posted from my android. I'll get some better ones in the next batch.

Funny I was going to say the exact same thing as Gilly. I love the rugged, worn look in my 40K as of late, and it works well in your army. I've been doing it to mine too as of late. Very nice.

Archived