Thanks guy, i agree, there is alot less going on in a good way. I still need to finiish details, weather sall things like that. I think ill do a satin varnish to give it a bit of a shine and it should make the black deeper as well.Hoping to have the squad finished tonight minus bases.

Have you thought about using Vallejos "gun metal"? Bought some for my alphas but decided it was an unnecessary step. It's essentially an almost black metallic.

I actually use Vallejo air gunmetal or gungrey i think it switched names as my base for alphas then steel highlight.

I have two more methods i am going to try, one is Vallejo's metallic black and the other is my RG theme but with the dry brushing

Wow sweet jesus that armor color! I need an airbrush too. So smooth without stains etc. Brilliant work on these guys! Keep it up

Well Thank you! I have been very very bad this month about hobbying. Work and the gym have been brutal However, its about that time i got back on it and will be cranking out models again soon. 

Coming up we will have......

10x new volkits

1x LR Achilles Alpha

1x Skorr

1X Dynat

And All 15 of my headhunters/effrits will be complete!

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at Kizzdougs thread, he just did a Ravenguard which was pretty weathered, he may be able to help you out :smile.:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/236305-the-sekhmet-hh-emperors-children-word-bearer-13416/?p=4365056

That is exactly what i needed. I think i have been using to light of a metal color as chipping.

Also what is the best satin varnish to use? the one i have been using turns my models matte and has been putting a grey tint on them

Sorry the website I buy from only has one type.

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/testors-dullcote

That's the one, can't take a photo because I'm away from home.

Have a look on my thread to see the finish it gives, there's no real change from the finish left by the Guiliman Glaze. Not sure how you're painting your's now but if you put some acrylic glaze or wash over the clear coat I'd assume there'd be no change, do test it first though as I'm not at all sure.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...