Marauder horsemen heads? The leather caps and knotwork matches a lot of the fluff, but I think the heads are a smaller scale

It's not so much the scale, but rather the angle at which the ball sits; it's located towards the back of the head, as opposed to the dead bottom like Space Marine heads/helmets. Tried that on a White Scar a while back. :/

That said, the colour scheme looks awesome.

Wooooo so my bits are slowly rolling in and i should get a decent start on my wolves tonight. I am starting out with a few 40k bits that aren't too cartoony as well as 3rd party and fw stuff. 

Also, i bought a pack of wolves....because well i feel like i should. Should i paint them as the brown tan scheme or more grey and white?

Edited by betrayer41

Id go grey and white, but not uniform... Different degrees onbeach model.

Speaking of wolf parts, have you spotted the new kromlech legs for space wolves? Amazing stuff.

Edited by Robzilla

Id go grey and white, but not uniform... Different degrees onbeach model.

Speaking of wolf parts, have you spotted the new kromlech legs for space wolves? Amazing stuff.

Oh yes! half of my 3rd party shoulder pads have already arrived.  i have FW pads and torsos on the way and about 18 of the kromlech legs on the way. They are beautiful

To be honest I am not sure what to call it.

The markV legs that FW do look close to mark 7 legs but have something on the thigh plates (external armoured power cabling or fibre bundles)

I am on my bobole or I'd post some pictures

Hows your sculpting? Those legs are reasonably easy to convert over to mk3, if you hack up the back and smooth over the front...

I'll get a picture later when I'm home from work to show you what I mean. I've done something similar last year sometime

Edited by Robzilla

Hows your sculpting? Those legs are reasonably easy to convert over to mk3, if you hack up the back and smooth over the front...

I'll get a picture later when I'm home from work to show you what I mean. I've done something similar last year sometime

Haha my sculpting skills are garbage but I'd love to see yours so I can attempt it. I was thinking green stuff?

Have you considered Kromlech's Sons of Thor legs? Frankly, they outclass the legs the 40k Space Wolves have by miles; plus they look suitably for MkII through IV.

I have a lot of kromlech stuff coming in haha including those legs.

Here is my first tac squad using BAC and wolf guard bits

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/6967CDC5-0E47-4CB6-A114-F215D02B5096_zpsef5xcxs3.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/CABBA2C8-4648-41FA-A9D0-D04B6F3E8AEC_zpszlhazad1.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/3CB0C94F-6DF0-46D2-92BF-635550BF9FC1_zpscfvncthk.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/3F7705B8-75A7-4EE8-BD62-E422F8FF1378_zpsak7ilmm4.jpg

Obviously I have more than this.

Also I will be replacing all chainswords and bolters with heresy accurate models!

Edited by betrayer41

Out of curiosity where are those spiked shoulder pads from? For science, y'know. I'd also avoid using Mark VI on Space Wolves; I thought they were a bit far flung to receive that armour during the Heresy?

That aside, I love them. Glad to see another true Son of Russ on the forums.

Thanks for the feedback, as of right now know very little about the wolves. So thanks for the MKVI info. I certainly won't be purchasing any of those mks but they cam with what i bought so i figure one or two would be ok

Ok... I guess to answer my own question it looks like in this pic I can see several mkvi the helms atleast...

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/5955AABC-9799-4F19-931C-9E52CB99FD78_zpsiz5awx9r.jpg

Edited by betrayer41

Out of curiosity where are those spiked shoulder pads from? For science, y'know. I'd also avoid using Mark VI on Space Wolves; I thought they were a bit far flung to receive that armour during the Heresy?

Very nice stuff! I second Insifer about those spiky pads - science needs to know. :tongue.:

They're from Master Crafted Miniatures, I believe. These ones. They have some pretty nice stuff, and I've been meaning to put an order in sometime, just haven't really gotten 'round to it.

Very nice stuff! I second Insifer about those spiky pads - science needs to know. :tongue.:

They're from Master Crafted Miniatures, I believe. These ones. They have some pretty nice stuff, and I've been meaning to put an order in sometime, just haven't really gotten 'round to it.

Thanks Psycho!

Im at work so i was trying to find that info for you guys.

Amazing stuff incredibly fast shipping.

Great premade stuff as well as custom

I also have several orders of these coming in to go with the fw upgrades and sons of Thor legs for my vets!

Edited by betrayer41

Ooh, those pads look awesome.

I dunno about Mark VI then; I guess I usually just associated it with the Raven Guard, as well as the legions involved in the defence of Terra. On Space Wolves it's always just looked... I dunno, odd?

Ooh, those pads look awesome.

I dunno about Mark VI then; I guess I usually just associated it with the Raven Guard, as well as the legions involved in the defence of Terra. On Space Wolves it's always just looked... I dunno, odd?

No i certainly agree, haha if it weren't for the legs and helms coming with the box they wouldn't be included. But i figure why not throw a few in there. Haha a troop is a troop. Means i can spend more money on more fun bits

Oh damn, I'd been eyeing up those spiked shoulder pads. They look fantastic, very VIth legion. Are the resin legs on your axeman from Kromlech?

RE: helms, I think the MkVI-looking helm in that pic is actually one of the weird narrow-snouted MkIV helms. GW's old MkIV looks pretty different to the FW/BaC version, you can see it on the plastic Blood Angels tacticals. Kind of a Moebius-style sci-fi look.

That said you could probably justify a small amount of MkVI helms. You could make a case that the Wolves got good kit as they served the imperial court. Or maybe you had a hunter or two who served with the Raven Guard and were given gifts and/or re-supplied from their hosts' armouries. Or the helms could be loot from defeated Alpha Legion troops the badly mauled and under-supplied SW fought at Alaxxes...

Edited by Sandlemad

Haha my sculpting skills are garbage but I'd love to see yours so I can attempt it. I was thinking green stuff?
Sure thing. They are verrrry much Wip. Started them last year before b@c was announced and it was my first foray into the heresy. Now, if/when I return to them I'm thinking of just using thirst party and fw bits, and keeping sculpting to a minimum.

med_gallery_92853_12155_392960.jpeg

med_gallery_92853_12155_285117.jpeg

med_gallery_92853_12155_158854.jpeg

med_gallery_92853_12155_517271.jpeg

It's vastly time consuming and doesn't get as good a result as using the actual bits... But it's a good compromise if you want to use the 40k and make it a bit more heresy era.

To be honest, I prefer the look you have going with the other bits, the kromlech legs and the spiked pads look right brutal! Loving it!

Edited by Robzilla