Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

I actually like the wolf helm mainly because i think it is the only wolf helm they have done correct.  He doesn;t like as intense or feral as the other i have but after re reading prospero burns i think the wolves need a few level minded guys here and there.

Great conversions!  Rather you than me in having to paint all that detail later on :wink:  I'm not an un-helmeted kinda person, but that Siege Breaker is just right!

How do those legs stack up size-wise compared to normal legion/plastic legs?  They look like a great purchase and a surefire way to use all those excess bodies we end up with!

They are defintiely a big bigger. I don't know if i would recommend them on normal mkiv guys. They are great for bulkier guys like MKIII and the SW torsos. I will be ordering many many more

:thumbsup:  I like them!

Although they're almost 5 bucks a pop.

Eh i found em for 1.5 haha thank god

Noce. Going for a shattered Prospero look?

I certainly am.....broken glass as well as some burnt books book pages and dead sons of prospero

At that price i will have to take a look

After the ETL. Getting basic bsses for now though. Gonna try to rattle 50 out between weeks 9-11

Wonder how easy they would be to cast up.

I think ive pretty much decided on these. My big questions now is. should they be more of a sandstone color or a more regal white marble like. Ive always pictured prospero more of a white marble type of place than a desert

The Sons of Thor legs look ace with the torso's. I was worried the legs would look too modern or wolfy for the models, but it seems a pretty good match.

Are you going to try some Sons of Thor torso's at some point too?

Dammit, you are making me jealous as my Wolves infantry so far look really plain. Either that or I have the same ideas and you beat me to  the punch!!

I am in 2 minds as to whether to stick with standard FW legs or go with Kromlech... My views on he shoulder pads are well known and best not repeated although the spiked pads do look good :tu:

Just wish FW would hurry up with this book, so I had a better idea which way to take my models. I really want to paint them up, but worried about the hassle if I have to sculpt on cloaks fur etc in the future...

Those pads are great who makes em?

Mastercrafted miniatures, absolutely beautiful stuff.

The Sons of Thor legs look ace with the torso's. I was worried the legs would look too modern or wolfy for the models, but it seems a pretty good match.

Are you going to try some Sons of Thor torso's at some point too?

Dammit, you are making me jealous as my Wolves infantry so far look really plain. Either that or I have the same ideas and you beat me to  the punch!!

I am in 2 minds as to whether to stick with standard FW legs or go with Kromlech... My views on he shoulder pads are well known and best not repeated although the spiked pads do look good :thumbsup:

Just wish FW would hurry up with this book, so I had a better idea which way to take my models. I really want to paint them up, but worried about the hassle if I have to sculpt on cloaks fur etc in the future...

I love these legs, they are absolutely brutal.

I won;t be using the torsos though i much prefer the FW torsos to the kromlech.

haha wat are you views on pads?

Thanks guys ill have some painting done tonight before i head out of town tm. In my opinion this is one area FW is REALLY REALLY lacking, They really need to release specific legs or atleast some badass legs.

Nice use of the World Eater helms... makes sense Space Wolves would want to emulate the actual Assault Legion :wink:

Seriously, I love the colors used. Very understated and just how I picture GC / HH Wolves.

Wouldn't there be more than one assault legion?

WE

BA

WS

RG

SW

WS are more like Mongols, so the drive by legion

RG are too sneaky for assault, CC assassination maybe but not all out assault

BA like their jump packs too much to be a pure assault legion

SW don't assault they just play with their prey

Just joking of course. Many legions use assault as an important tool, but none more than the world eaters. And GW screwed it up by making them frothing madmen with no tactical or strategic thinking in 40K.

Looking great. I am very jealous.

How do you get the more muted gold/brass. Mine comes out super shiny all the time.

World Eater helm looks pretty good ;tu:

My view on the SW pads is that it was lazy of FW to just slap Ragnars symbol on the pads and call it done. Especially as it doesn't fit in the pad without going on to the trim.

I understand that in some of the older artwork it was the chapter symbol and was in a piece with the old Russ drawing, but I much prefer he R Wolf symbol for the legion, so I am trying to source as many old transfer sheets as possible.