Chaos Lords, how do you get them working?

Dysorange

Well, I usually bring a cheap-ish lvl 3 sorc. With my nurgle lord and his spawn as a little mini-deathstar. They are usually hard enough to take care of most things if my opponents don't cheese too much.

I'm curious about something.  Fist & claw lords appear to be fairly popular because they bring both AP2 and AP3 close combat options.  Has anyone ever tried this with a cheaper combination, as in power axe & power sword?  Still a pair of matched CCWs for the extra attack and provide a spread of AP values for multiple targets.  I understand that you're not getting quite the same bonuses in terms of Strength value and Shred, but it's fewer points.

The reason I'm asking is because I had considered (mostly for modelling rather than playing purposes, since I barely ever play any more) making a MoT Lord with power sword (or maybe Murder Sword, because reasons), power axe, Sigil, and a Disc of Tzeentch.

The reason I'm asking is because I had considered (mostly for modelling rather than playing purposes, since I barely ever play any more) making a MoT Lord with power sword (or maybe Murder Sword, because reasons), power axe, Sigil, and a Disc of Tzeentch.

not worth it without the double str from the fist. also being less then 6T is very dangerous for chaos HQs.

MS is/was/will be always a bad option. it does absolutly nothing better then the fist/claw or even the CS weapon.

A prophet lord with MoN, sigil, blight grenades, daemonheart, blade and horns on a palanquin together with 9 MoN possessed in a dreadclaw...

Doesn't the palaguine make you very bulky?

not worth it without the double str from the fist. also being less then 6T is very dangerous for chaos HQs.

MS is/was/will be always a bad option. it does absolutly nothing better then the fist/claw or even the CS weapon.

A prophet lord with MoN, sigil, blight grenades, daemonheart, blade and horns on a palanquin together with 9 MoN possessed in a dreadclaw...

Doesn't the palaguine make you very bulky?

Yes, so just take 7 possessed...

I'm curious about something.  Fist & claw lords appear to be fairly popular because they bring both AP2 and AP3 close combat options.  Has anyone ever tried this with a cheaper combination, as in power axe & power sword?  Still a pair of matched CCWs for the extra attack and provide a spread of AP values for multiple targets.  I understand that you're not getting quite the same bonuses in terms of Strength value and Shred, but it's fewer points.

make 4-6 S8 attack is different from 4-6 S5 attack

and making 4-6 S9 attack (furious charge) is even better.

And point different is only 10...

You can use power axe and chainaxe for even cheaper (18 point less).. But it's not worth.

Malavarn the Untwisted, Terminator Chaos Lord of Nurgle

• Sigil of Corruption
  • Power Fist
  • Burning Brand of Skalathrax

He deep strikes in alongside a full squad of three MoN Obliterators to lay down a whole lot of pain at close range, either reducing an infantry blob to slag with the Brand and three heavy flamers or just having the Oblits open up on the side of a tank with twin-linked meltaguns.  I make sure to put his multiple wounds and 4++ closer to the enemies than the rest of the Obliterators so that any shooting attacks resolve against his better save and more wounds, using Look Out Sir! to absorb any additional hits that would kill him.  Plus he makes the Oblits Fearless by being attached, which prevents silly things like tank shocking them into falling back or pinning them with suppression fire.  Instead, I just punch a hole in the silly tank with a power fist or laugh off the puny small arms fire with 2+ armor saves and continue on.

Hector Draud the Praetor of Woe

* Mark of Slaanesh

* Spineshaver Blade

* Hand of Darkness

* Sigil of Corruption

* Jump Pack

* VotLW

Before you ask yes I know he has two relics but we have house ruled that to be ok. 

He's like a flying poor man's Abbadon and he eats Marines for breakfast.

How will I get my Chaos Lord working?  Well, the first thing I do is have him fill out a W-4:

http://s28.postimg.org/wdrqw8ie5/IW_W4.png

Once he shows up for his first day on the job, he gets:

Mark of Khorne

Juggernaut of Khorne

Power Claw

Lightning Claw

Sigil of Corruption

Gift of Mutation

Union membership: Siege Masters Local 512 (counts as Veterans of the Long War)

Archived