++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Considering how extensive the new stuff for Death Guard has been there's not much you could safely buy and expect to be still there if EC get their own Codex, so I'd actually still wait a bit longer and see where things are going.

If you really can't wait to start something you can maybe go with a small warband you like which you could ally in with your future EC later on. I for example was thinking about starting some Flawless Host to keep me busy, though now the new Slaanesh Daemon stuff has my attention once I'm done with painting my remaining Primaris I guess lol

Well. Raptors and Warp Talons are probably a safe bet for them :lol:

Only basing this off of the fact that a Warp Talon is shown in the Emperor's Children section of the Chaos Marines codex.

That being said: The Daemon Prince/Herald? I like that one a lot BECAUSE it doesn't read immediately as a Daemon Prince, aside from the sheer size.

Any advice on how to get a blush pale pink from GW paints?

Mix white into pink. Will desaturate it and make it pale and more pastel looking.

As well, if you drybrush the colour it will also look more pastel. 

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I used to do my pastel pink with Fulgrim Pink but, as it’s an Edge Paint, it took a lot of layers. I know you said Citadel paints, but, I now airbrush Vallejo Squid Pink and wouldn’t go back.

I'm hoping to achieve a blush pink, kinda like the pinkish marine with a powerfist in the WarCom renegades article, but with a dash more pink to it. Maybe a flesh color mixed with a little of another pink?

Good question, I've been asking GW that for a while now. msn-wink.gif

So you're saying you will resist the urge to paint those new SMC models in EC colors ? Leave to play them later as Flawless Host when EC codex come true ?

I'm not as strong..

I was about to buy some and paint them as Flawless Host, but then GW dropped the new Slaanesh Daemons so I have something else to keep me busy for a while. :D

All hail the Dark Prince! Getting back into Emperor's Children after this big release, I wanted to go back to my roots. How are Noise Marines doing this edition? Fluff requires that I take them with all sonic weapons in multiples of six. Do you like MSU or larger squads in 8th? How do people like Lucius, he seems a big improvement on the basic Chaos Lord for only a slight point increase.

I'm also way behind on the Horus Heresy books. Are there any you recommend that strongly feature the Emperor's Children beyond Fulgrim?

Also kind of a strange question that I'm not sure the books answer. When the Great Crusade discovered Fulgrim and there were only about 200 marines in his Legion, did they recruit exclusively from Chemos afterwards or continue to draw from Terra until the numbers grew to acceptable levels? Are any Terran EC known to have made it through the Heresy?

They are one of the more decent infantry units Marines have access to, ranging between Bolter and Stormbolter with their Sonic Blasters. Even better for us since they are our Troop option.

Larger squads only make sense if you want to stack buffs on them, so unless you plan to use VotLW, Prescience and/or Endless Cacophony on a unit of Noise Marines you are better off with a small unit.

Imo they are still worth it. Stationary regular Bolter come close to efficiency but they are your Troops and you want to move them on objectives to score and there the Sonic Blasters are clearly better. Also it's always great to ignore cover, especially when there are units like the Primaris Eliminators who get +2 on their save when in cover.

However I agree with the waiting. Just look at Rubric Marines and Deathguard. They look vastly different than what you ever could have done with the new Chaos Marine box and the upgrade kits.

A little rumour (take with large dosages of salt as I dont know the source of this rumour*.. !) is this...

"Fulgrim,New Noise Marines, Noise Marines “Terminators” (a large infantry kit) Fabius Bile, Lucius the Eternal, Old previous rumors reported a Noise Marine cavalry unit – akin to Seekers with Marine riders. All of this is said to come late this year"

*the person whos said it has mentioned a few Chaos rumours of the last 18 months that have turned out right so I thought I'd pass it on, how ever he doesnt work for GW or even in the table top industry so I have no idea where he picks this up from.

Edited by Slasher956

Well they are all kits that we most probably get anyway, especially the HQ minis and Sonics. Thousand Sons and Deathguard got their own terminators so its not exactly a stretch to see some Emperors Children terminators, the marines riding steeds would be good as I have wanted to build another squad of those since I ripped my old ones apart for bits, having an actual kit would make my life a lot easier.