the alternate era of man

fox2013

THE DEVIL RIDES WITH AN ANGEL BY HIS SIDE 

(siege of malafor, m30. 45)

The emperor has sent the gilded demons, and archangel legions, to pacify a human sector of space that refused to join the imperium. The command of the attack was given to morpheus based on his experience. Helios had been newly found, and was learning under him. Morpheus had command of the all the legions that didn't have their primarchs yet, and he set them to their best suited tasks. He sent the sector one last call for peace, and to join the imperium, it was refused. Thus, he unleashed the legions upon the sector, burning and slaying their way through battle after battle. There were casualties, but morpheus' efforts, made those few and far in between. He showed Helios how to lead, and wage war. Helios did not like that they had to put the humans to the sword, and called for the emperor to halt the slaughter, he then went to speak to the remaining leaders of the sector's leaders.

Helios: please stop this pointless bloodshed, we shouldn't be killing each-other like animals, we should stand as one against the true enemy, orks, eldar, all aliens that would harm humanity. Though we have our differences, we shouldn't butcher eachother over them, but embrace who we are, and share our cultures with one another. I ask you now, not to join the imperium, but to lay down your arms, and show that humanity is more then just war, that we are race of intelligent beings, who seek our place among the stars, to make our race whole again. will you join us in that pursuit?

The speech he gave that would go down in history as "the call of brotherhood" inspired the humans and the marines to lay down their weapons, and so months later that sector would join the imperium. Morpheus was pleased with how his brother handled that, and told the emperor that he felt, helios was ready to lead his own legion. And so helios took the reins of his sons, and they separated and thus would eventually be born the archangel legion.  

THE KNIGHT FACES THE DEVIL

(Furon, mk 35. 2)

It was after the "purge of the 11th" that morpheus would begin distancing himself from his "brothers" and the emperor, often going into combat zones with only his legion and mortal aides. He also took more time into researching the occult, delving further and further into greater sorcery. The emperor felt that this was a problem and sent a contingent, consisting of 3 of his brothers to speak to morpheus. They headed to his homeworld which morpheus rarely left now, and what they saw there shocked them. The half the segmentium was patrolled by gilded demon legionnaires, most of the surrounding their primarch's homeworld. After the demons saw who entered, they let them through, but focused their gaze on 2 particular primarchs. They passed by labs conducting weapons testing, forges in constant use, and libraries everywhere. They eventually came to morpheus' throne room, where he was looking over the recruitment rates. One primarch opened his mouth and spoke.

Atlas: morpheus. what is all this? why do u have so many legionnaires?

Morpheus looked up, and scowled for a second then got up.

Morpheus: hades, helios, and atlas. What brings you to furon?

Helios: you have rarely left this place and when you do, it's just to hit major worlds and capture them. You keep doing this alone, why? we, your brothers can help you.

Morpheus laughed mirthlessly, then pointed at them.

Morpheus: YOU!? help ME? HA!. i asked you once for help helios and WHAT DID YOU DO? you left me TWISTING in the wind. Atlas i have no quarrel with you brother, you are welcomed here always, buy you! (points at hades) you are NOT. Your prejudices, and the way you treat your psykic sons, disgusts me. You've made your beliefs clear.

Helios: morpheus please, i just felt that the emperor was....right in his decision to put shadius as warmaster. (upon morpheus' angry face)Hear me out! You are a better warrior and scholar, but you're too honest. Shadius has ability to fake and mask his feelings, he's a better politician then you. Thats the reason-

Hades: don't sugar coat it, feeding him honeyed words. The emperor chose shadius due to what he believes as shadius' plan that ended the green tide of Gorkon. You just need to suck it up, and stop hanging around here, doing magic tricks. You are a primarch not some whiny brat, now stop acting like it.

He grabs morpheus' arm ,only to bite back a curse as he quickly removes it.

Morpheus: If you ever touch me again, i'll roast you inside that walking pot you call armor. I despise you, your methods and views offend me. And one day it's gonna bite you in your bigoted censored.gif . So i suggest "brother" that you refrain from angering me further.

Sensing that this situation was going sour, atlas comes and speaks.

Atlas: morpheus you never answered my question, how did you get so many legionnaires? I have a whole segmentium to recruit from and i have less then this. How did you do it? I 'm sure many of our brothers could use such things, especially excanton.

Helios: yes i am curious on how you managed to gather so many, it's almost like you took every male from the planets. You didn't do that did you? It would be very hard to recruit if you did, and i doubt they'd be so welcoming of you.

Hades: what did you do? why do you need so many? what are you planning!? You can't be taking so many losses to need that many warriors.

Morpheus glared at him, witch flames in his eyes. But none the less he answered.

Morpheus: it's a process that requires unbound psykers, and the primarch's genetic material. I have used the power of sorcery to increase the attributes of the humans on my worlds, and then use ancient techniques taught to me by the adeptus mechanicum. These processes allowed me to produce twice as many astartes as ever before. Thanks to my efforts and knowledge, my legion is the largest numerically. And hades it's my business not yours, so BUZZ OFF.

Hades had had enough it seemed, cause he slugged morpheus in the jaw. This knocked him back, but he blocked the next punch when hades tried to press his advantage. Morpheus in his fury, smacked hades away to the floor. Hades was trying to get up, when morpheus hit him with warp lightening. It pinned him to the floor as he howled in agony, and morpheus' eyes slowly turned crimson. He walked over and, was about to slay hades, when he was held back by atlas and helios.

Morpheus: UNHAND ME!(warp energy blazing from his eyes) I'll roast him alive, the censored.gif mongrel.

Helios: MORPHEUS, you need to calm down, you almost killed him!

Morpheus: good, now move so i can finish the job.

Helios: morpheus no, brother should not kill brother.

Morpheus stopped,,, and the aura of power faded, he told them to leave but his last statements would haunt helios and hades respectively.

Morpheus: that didn't stop you from burning entire worlds that were loyal to the imperium, and murdering our "lost" brother. If the you could do even that, which brother will be next? me? atlas? or even yourselves?

I'll be doing how shadius became warmaster next, and then i'll do more of rebellion battles. not all the rebel primarchs were at the meeting on that planet in person. and this will explain the reason why though all primarchs(barring solidus) were at terra, that only the important ones for that point were spoken about.

THE GORKON WAR -  PT 1   

(MAGNUS SYSTEM. M 34. 56)

(Morpheus and the gilded demons)

The ork horde in this system was massive, and if left alone could cripple the young imperium. The emperor tasked the gilded demons, the wolf spiders, powerwolves, and imperial heralds for this part of the crusade. The gilded demons would be the first into the fray, they would be the main legion to take out the warboss's personal ship. Morpheus stood aboard his ship "black abyss" setting up for the battle, his legionnaires are unloading a special virus called"life eater". He intends to load each ork ship with them, and send them hurtling to different planets, to give his brother primarchs more breathing room for their part of the crusade.

Morpheus: 1st captain kwylo, is the virus in place?

Kwylo: aye f- my lord.

Morpheus notices the slip and laughs, then he tells kwylo it's ok to call him father, all gilded demons have the right to call him such. He grips kwylo on the shoulder, then leaves to prep his thunderhawk for combat. The demons storm the ork ships upon arrival, their desire being only to kill the orks. Morpheus himself, opened fire on the warboss's personal ship, causing it to crash into the main ork planet. thus would begin fenris and primus's task of killing him, if he survived, helios would mop up the stragglers.

PRIMUS, FENRIS, AND SHADIUS.

After morpheus had knocked the ork warboss to the surface, the 3 legions assigned to this part of the job, went to work. Fenris from the right, primus from the left, and shadius to the center. their legion punching holes into the green tide, however the holes were small and quickly covered again. Shadius and his heralds, decided to circle around the orks, while the spider and wolf legions attacked the orks directly. This would be a poor choice as the two never got along, and with being superhuman, comes enhanced dislike.

Primus: i'll hit them with some classic guerrilla warfare, while you cover us.

fenris: no, we'll hit the warboss head on, with plasma cannons forward. you cover us!

primus: no, i've outlined a perfect plan, minimizing casualties, for the imperium.

fenris: your way is just like you. cowardly.

primus: it's called intelligence, something you seem to lack.

fenris: be quiet you annoying yellow bellied bug!

primus: you censored.gif maggot ridden, rotting fang-less dog!

Fenris had had enough, and was silent, till they went into battle. The moment primus and his legion was deep enough into the ork waugh, fenris and his legion, backed off, abandoning primus and his sons to the green horde. Primus was furious, and in disbelief. It was in that moment he was no longer the calm and collected primarch, but an enraged one, he tore apart ork after ork, bullets flying and hitting his armor and skin. He reached the warboss and by the time he made it there, shadius has pierced the ork in the brain from behind. With their warboss dead, the orks fled the system, only to be mopped up by the archangels. When the emperor arrived and asked for the account of the war, morpheus gave his part of it and spoke of what the other legions were delegated to do. As fenris was accounting his tale, the doors to the room burst open and primus walked in drenched in blood. He walked up to fenris and smacked him with a dead thunderhammer, morpheus had to hold him back from beating down fenris, primus was howling all about how fenris abandoned him to die. Fenris denied this charge, but stiffened when morpheus probed his memories, and morpheus spoke in primus' defense, with proof. No other primarch had truly defended primus before, and watching morpheus speak with passion, he found someone he could follow to the gates of censored.gif and back. This was proven when shadius took credit for the plan and the mission, primus denied that along with morpheus. Fenris feeling vengeful, agreed that it was shadius' plan, all eyes fell upon helios, to be the tie breaker. Helios, told the emperor that the plan was morpheus' but shadius killed the warboss. These factors lead to shadius being hailed as warmaster for how he executed his part of the plan, and the anger of morpheus. Fenris also felt ashamed later on, at what he had done, but primus would refuse to work with him, and it would take many years for fenris to regain the trust of morpheus. So ends the tale of shadius' ascension to the rank of warmaster.

SLAUGHTER ON TRON- 12 

(Rebellion era)

When the loyalist primarchs 1st learned of the betrayal, they only knew that the demons, the sons of shadius, the direwolves, , and the spectral warlords were in cahoots. The emperor tasked the power-wolves, the hellguard, the archangels, silver templars, and the wolf spider legions. Primus of course was furious, but calmed enough to ask the emperor to please choose another legion. The emperor rebuked him, telling him to let go of this grudge and do as he ordered. So these four legions were sent out to halt the traitor legions and bring morpheus to terra. The words of morpheus would return to haunt helios during this, but he accepted his task and moved forward. The legions met on the planet TRON -12, which was to have another name that day,"black-blood". The planet's surface was grey, and lifeless. A colony was to inhabit the planet, but it would never be. When the loyalist were in range of the traitors and vice versa, fenris demanded morpheus and the traitor primarchs to surrender. Morpheus just waited on the surface of the planet, with the vanguard of his legion, the other traitors wondering what he was doing, followed suit. Fenris and the loyal ones also went down. Once they assembled, fenris spoke.

Fenris: surrender and prepare to face the emperor's judgement.

INU: you speak as if he was a god. he is just a man, a man who has betrayed his sons.

fenris: it is YOU who are the traitors, and you'll be going to terra to answer for your crimes.

Morpheus looked at helios one last time, and spoke for the first time.

Morpheus: helios(helios turned to him) i offer you one chance to join us, you chose the wrong side once before. will you side with us? with me?

Morpheus smiles and holds out his hand as if to grasp helios' own. Some scholars believe that might have been the morpheus reaching out for his brother to save him. It would be for nothing, however.

Helios: b-morpheus, you have committed treason against the emperor and the imperium, now surrender and face father's judgement. i am sorry morpheus.

Morpheus stopped smiling, and gained his fierce look in his eye. Morpheus shook his head, and then lowered his arm. It seems that was a secret signal, for the loyalists, were attacked by the spider, templar, and the hellguard legions. The believed loyal sons, were in fact also traitors, wolves and angels, were being fired upon from both sides, fenris ordered his sons to cover as did helios. Morpheus simply walked away, and beamed back to the black abyss. The traitors who took up the title of princes,(shadius secretly considered himself to be the next emperor. though that would later be morpheus) The angels began exhibiting the "angel's wrath" and ran forward into battle, slaying as many traitors as they could, though they were shot down eventually. Morpheus looked down on the planet, ordered all his forces to retreat, then bombarded the planet. The loyalist barely escaped into the old tunnels of the planet, many of them died in the bombings. Once morpheus was satisfied that he believed them all dead, he linked up with his fellow traitors and went to terra, picking up the others of his group along the way. Helios, fenris, and their sons that survived, would eventually come out of the tunnels, and signal for their legion ships to arrive. During this, other loyalist primarchs were ambushed, with morpheus orchestrating it all. He would officially declare his rebellion, by broadcasting it to every imperial planet, including mars. The imperium was in upheaval, as planets and systems declared either for the emperor or for morpheus. Even some of the guardsmen in the other primarch's armies ended up declaring, some opening fire on their former comrades. 

"GREETINGS men and women of the imperium, many of you know me, as primarch of the gilded demons, 1st found of the the emperor's sons, and once leader of the crusade. I am speaking to you now, from my ship, i have come to warn you, of the terrible treachery. It saddens me to bring this news to you. The emperor has abandoned us, now that all of humanity has been united, he sees us as having finished our "usefulness" to him, and given the order to eradicate us. His favored sons, have each been given the task of purging us from existence. The power-wolves, the knights, both sets of angels, the heavenguard, the iron fangs, the eagles, thunder lords, serpents, falcons, and even the blue titans have sided with him. They are right now burning your worlds, they've already taken mars and killed every techpriest on it. Only priests that survived, are those who were out on missions, and those who were on my planet. They will stop at nothing to see you all destroyed, just as he betrayed the thunder warriors. Fear not, for you are not alone in standing against them, me and the primarchs behind me refuse to bend knee to a man who betray those who fought for, and died for him. We will strike against him and those who sullied the title primarch. We seek to free you from his horrid grasp. I renounce the title primarch, and take on the title that befits us all. We are not just warriors, who fight and die. we are princes and princesses, who will inherit a empire that doesn't murder it's own. We can build such a world, but only when we work together. So i ask you all who hear this transmission, to fight. not for me, or my brothers, but for your homes, families and friends, for the warrior beside you, i ask of you to fight FOR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- morpheus' " code of princes" the speech he gave to sway half the imperial army, the titan legions, and the mechanicum. To the loyalist, it was called "the devil's tongue". 

THE GOLDEN-HEART BLEEDS!  

Excanton was traveling with  his heavenguard, on a mission to halt a deamon incursion by the" hands of fate" warband, derived from the veil priest legion. The incursion is in the ceph sector. They have been called to deal with it, as they're the closest chapter in the area. They are joined by the 32nd white dwarf regiment. The sector was in a civil war, and the loyalists were losing ground. At the head of the chaos forces was a demon prince of chaos undivided.. He was leading a mixture of veil priests, direwolves, and hellguards. The gate of a city behind them, forming the basis of a warpgate. It was into this mess, that excanton and the chapter landed.

Comissar: TAKE OUT THAT PLAGUE BEARER! (he yells signaling tanks to blast the greater deamon back to the warp)

guard: BESERKERS!!!( 1 man screams as direwolves rush up to them, howling like actual wolves)

The cathedral the loyalists were using as a base, was soon being covered in blood, as chaos marines and guardsmen fought to the death. Then from the sky came drop pods. Each one containing 3 guards of heaven. They rained down, guns attached to their pods, opening fire on the chaotic monsters. Excanton came charging out, swinging the psykic staff "merlin" this way and that. He bashed demon and traitor alike, to pieces on his way to close the gate. The guardsmen emboldened by the pressence of a "god" among them, surged forward. The loyalists started gaining ground, smashing anything that would impede the primarch's progress. He eventually made it to the gate, and was about to destroy it, when a larger creature fired out of the gate's "maw". It tackled excanton and attempted to strangle him. Excanton eventually knocked it back, and moved away, he readied his weapon when he saw it was asura.

EX: YOU! i should have known your unholy taint had a hand in this.

Asura: i've waited along time for this, no more cat and mouse. we end this war TODAY! (he hefted his demonic samurai blade)

EX: gladly (he readied merlin)

A few moments passed, then they exploded from their positions and met in a titanic strike, breaking some of the ground beneath them. They kept striking and blocking, like men possessed, eager to spill eachother's blood. They fought not just for themselves but for their ideals, and much more.

Asura: once (strike) your gone, i'll (dodge) be closer to (overhanging slash) VENGANCE for morpheus' capture.

EX: you're (parries) insane! morpheus is gone! you (stab) corrupted monster. he. is. (spins away) DEAD!

Asura's eyes widen in fury, and with a loud scream of "LIES!" he sliced off excanton's right arm. Excanton roared in pain, and swung merlin one-handed breaking one of asura's horns. It wasn't enough, asura sliced off the other arm, and forced excanton to kneel. Asura laughed triumphantly, and raised his scythe.

Asura: hahaha, your lies and cause have fallen. HEAVEN HAS FALLEN TO HELL! 

EX: you're a blind fool, what i stand for, is not some fleshy thing that can die. It is a belief, an ideal.

Asura: That ideal didn't save you, and your father can't help you.

EX: i know my body may die here, but i'll live on.(his eyes start taking on a tinge of light)

Asura: i'm the only one of us who is immortal golden-heart, i highly doubt, there will be another time we fight.

EX: my soul at least will be free, YOURS will forever be chained. I MAY FALL BUT MY SPIRIT AND CAUSE WILL LIVE ON!

Asura growls and slices excanton's head off his body, as it slumps he holds the head high and roars. The heavenguard upon seeing their dead liege's head, tear their way through the enemy, spouting litanies of vengeance, and heaven as their father had taught them. One fired a rocket at asura's large clawed hand, freeing the golden hearts' head. The others pushed asura back with all the ammo they had, and eventually sealed the gate. The world was freed from chaos, but at a great cost. The heavenguard lead their father's body in a stasis pool, and re-attached his head. They then set his form up as though he was standing, constant vigil over his sons. His eyes still burning with light. Merlin was set up in a shrine, till it's power was needed by the chapter master. The first being sir Henry.

• 3 weeks later...

THE MEMOIRS OF MORPHEUS - from his meeting to his death.

"I suppose that those who find this if they were imperials, would instantly assume i would lie or have dark desires in these. That is far from the truth, i never wanted to cause so much death and destruction. The emperor gave me no choice, he wouldn't listen to anything i said, not after shadius was found. I even found, that those who fought with me for decades also started listening to what he said over me. This wasn't enough to cause my descent into "madness", it was only the 1st nail. The second nail would be in the form of solidus' legion being purged. They had done nothing but defend me against the accusations of those who were suppose to be my "brothers". This earned him destruction at the hands of 4 of the legions. The 3rd nail wasn't shadius becoming warmaster, it wasn't the knowledge of being passed over for the position. It was the fact that helios, the only other brother i trusted with everything, betrayed me that day. His actions broke all bonds of camaraderie between us. I left the crusade, and built up my forces. They were meant to assault core worlds, of the last of mankind, and to indoctrinate them with my ideals. The arrival of 3 of my fellow primarchs, was unexpected. I will admit to feeling a bit of satisfaction with imparting that last phrase to them before they left. So much to tell, to explain, and i know it will never come. This is why i've written theses memoirs, so i do not forget, and so my sons will not forget, that at one point in time. All were brothers.

- memoirs of morpheus  mk48  (3 hours before black crusade)

THE FIVE TALONS OF MORPHEUS. 

(MORPIO REBELLION)

SALAZAR - 10TH CAPTAIN 3RD TALON

Salazar was leading his part of the rebels toward the LION GATE of the imperial palace. His forces consisted of spectral warlords, wolf spiders, and the hydra marines. Their primarchs were gathered with the main forces at the palace's central gate. He was tasked with drawing the loyalist forces toward his gate, while his "talon brothers" do the same. His forces were already fighting the forces of blue titans, and archangels. The weakened forces of the other loayalist legions were already making planet fall behind enemy lines, so they could reinforce the palace. salazar spent much of his time, fighting here to draw men away from the main gate.

GRIMLOCK - 12TH SERGEANT 2ND TALON 

Grim was tasked with overseeing the conflict in space, blowing up ships loyal to the false emperor. His ship the " sea of misfortune" was a custom made ship, built by furian technology, and empowered by the forces of the emprean. They of course, scrubbed it clean of the corrupted warp. He was aided in battle by the grimreapers, and some of the guardsmen who sided with them. He was fighting against the sons of BORUS. The gilded demons and reaper ships were slowly being pushed back, till the ships belonging to the "kraken" arrived, and the scions of neptune reaped bloody vengance on the loyalists.

DANTE - LEGION MASTER(FORMER) 1ST TALON

He was tasked with tearing a bloody path to the central gate, aided by deamons, hellguard, and direwolves. He wielded his halberd with pure fury, breaking bone, and dicing flesh. He kept going, never halting, never stopping. Kratos was even having some minor trouble keeping up, but he eventually was side by side with him. They tore their way through loyalists, marines, guardsmen, even custodes. Dante was a monster on the battlefield, using all his hate, as he tapped into his psykic power, to fry his enemies.

VULGRIM - 5TH APOTHECARY 4TH TALON

He was to hunt down the memebers of the so called "council of terra". He was joined by the sons of shadius, the iron hearts, and a force of hellguards. He brought destruction to much of terra, the only reason they ever slowed down, was for vulgrim to drag the slaanesh servants back in line, via words or the sword. He increases his orders, by using his pyskic power, to entrance the legionaires to fight the actual foe.

KWYLO -  EQUERRY 5TH TALON

Kwylo stood with morpheus on the battlefield, and was the man who lead the main rebel forces into the palace. The marines under his command, never questioned him, they moved like a well oiled machine, and he unleashed terrible sorcery upon the imperial defenders. He moved with the skill and strength of an actual primarch, and would even be present for the clash between the emperor and shadius. 

THE FIVE TALONS OF MORPHEUS BIOS

DANTE 1ST TALON - the bio is the same as i wrote on him, but like how kwylo came to be. he went through a "blood rite" ritual with his 4 talon brothers.(kwylo dont count cause he was born from the rite.) he was submerged in the empowered blood of morpheus, for 4 days, and when he came out, he looked like morpheus but with orange eyes. the rest of his bio is the same.

GRIMLOCK 2ND TALON - he was wasn't a terran marine, but born on the planet morpheus would test his legion on. after he dealt with the eldar. Morpheus was impressed with the young 11 yr old(at the time) and inducted him into the legion. He quickly rose through the ranks, with his plans and determination. Eventually he was invited to become a talon. He went through the rite, and emerged like those who took the rite, he came out as a morpheus with glowing  blue eyes. He would go on to fight for many centuries, before dying in the "burning of furon"

SALAZAR  3RD TALON - he was a native of furon and was morpheus' uncle. when morpheus took over after avenging his adoptive father, and the emperor came. salazar was enhanced (like luther in the original story) along with others that were too old. He took this change with vision, and never faltered in his duty. He also dealt with any who thought he wasn't a "true" marine. Morpheus eventually dealt with this mess, and invited any who thought otherwise to challenge salazar in a duel. needless to say, many learned that he was a man to be respected even being only enhanced. He was also invited to join the talon and take the blood rite. A few of his comrades who knew what the ritual entailed, were worried about if he could. salazar assured them that he would be strong. After the ritual, he came old looking like a grey eyed, morpheus with white hair. There was a side-effect of this change, his eyes were blind, but he got around this, by using his "mystic eye" allowing him to "see" better then even most astartes. He stills currently, guarding the "old ways" and instructing  the current talons.

VULGRIM 4TH TALON - He was an unknown originally, but was his rise among the ranks made public, morpheus asked him to join him for a talk. it was unknown what they spoke about, but what is known is that he became a talon. He took the rite, and when he arose from it, he became a clone of morpheus with glowing violet eyes. He was rarely seen away from the medical bays on the battlefield, but he was still to be feared when he did engage in war. He was wounded greatly after the rebellion, and was fitted with parts of a servitor. (think fabius bile, but better looking) he still lives to this day, schooloing future apotecaries.

KWYLO 5TH TALON - see bio.

THE PURPOSE OF THE TALONS.

After morpheus crafted kwylo, he began to think on if he would fall and his body lost, his marines would have to guard their geneseeds insanely, and he later learned that kwylo could be used as a substitute. Morpheus began thinking ahead, and so tailored the blood rite, and instilled that, his blood had to be in the being who conducts the rite for it to work. The results of this, were 5 marines, twice the size of their brother legionaires, but half their primarchs size. They are the strongest of their legion. And the most destructive of the legion's forces barring their primarch.

I'M RE DOING THE BATTLE for terra. i'll keep some of the things i've already written, but i've decided to put more detail into it. so expect a few to go like some of the individual stories in the thread i put. like the 1 with asura and the 1 with the chapters. will be working on it soon. Some i will have focusing on the primarchs, others just certain marines or groups. i'VE also decided to make a few changes to the existing fluff i wrote so far. the crimson dragons shall remain chaos.(i'll just have the burning of furon, the result of 2 sides attacking them.) matter of fact i'll also re do the first black crusade, and i've decided that morpheus won't die. he'll just be like the canon emperor was, and seated on a throne. though he won't atrophy. The changes are because i've had a great inspiration after re looking over my stuff. this is an addition, i'm going to putt all the revised parts together, then update the lists a bit, as i have decided to put a different system in place then the golden throne for the imperium.

THE SIEGE OF TERRA! (revised)  cast

Defenders

FIRE ANGELS

ARCHANGELS

HEAVENGUARD

GOLDEN EAGLES

POWERWOLVES

IRON FANGS

WHITE FALCONS

BLUE TITANS

IMPERIAL KNIGHTS

SOUL RAVENS

loyalist guardsmen

loyalist titan legions

custodes

THE EMPEROR

ATTACKERS

GILDED DEMONS

SONS OF SHADIUS

DIREWOLVES

LUNAR FANGS

IRON HEARTS

SILVER TEMPLARS

HELLGUARD

GRIM REAPER

WOLF SPIDER

HYDRA

SPECTRAL WARLORD

VEIL PRIEST

traitor guardsmen

traitor titan legions

remaining tech priest

daemons.

SETTING

The morpio rebellion has reached holy terra, the traitor primarchs ready to engulf the world, the only ones standing between them and complete control are their loyalist brothers, a few guardsmen, certain titan legions and the emperor himself. The eyes of all fall upon this very battle that will decide the fate of mankind.

REBELLION REVISED PT 1 - SPACE 

The rebel forces arrived in the segmentum solar, and morpheus had ordered grimlock to engage terra quickly, after he had convinced the fireangels to attack mars, lowering their numbers. The rebel fleet opened fire upon the ships defending the planet, while giving the signal for those who stand with them to act. The space above terra is ignited with battles and fire, and the first part of the assault on terra begins.

Grim-lock was piloting his prized ship "sea of misfortune" and engaged the loyalists as his primarch asked of him. He like others of his legion didn't follow morpheus because he was their father, they followed him because he was in the right. He took his orders from morpheus without complaint, ready to show the loyalists that they threw their lot with the wrong man.

(SPACE)

"SEND THEM BACK TO THE BRINK!" yelled grim-lock as he fired the main cannons aboard his ship. The loyalists ships attacking him are under the command of a mortal human admiral by the name of Henry ford, he wad promoted to that rank just a few days before the rebellion. His ship the " imperial sigil" was made by the techpriests on mars before their "treachery" and the calling of the fire-angels upon mars. The captain stood with hundreds of warships from most of the imperial army, and the loyal legions. Henry stared over the battle and commanded the ships to advance on the sea of misfortune, he believed that since the rebel ships were fewer then they, he could bring them down with shear numbers. This tactic would prove to be his undoing, for as they approached the rebels,, they were attacked by the dark fleet of ships from the lunar fang legion. With these reinforcements, grim-lock regained ground, and sent the "imperial sigil" into a fiery death. " NOW IS THE TIME! LORD MORPHEUS, WE CAN NOW DEPLOY!" howled grim-lock to his primarch. Morpheus looked down to Terra, and nodded. " descend from the abyss" he said, and the drop pods  rained from the sky, unleashing hordes of traitor marines and spilling horrible warmachines on the battlefield. Daemons rained from the skies, and the ground would be stained in blood. 

REBELLION REVISED PT 2 - ADVANCE! 

(Terra)

The loyalist defenders stood all gathered around the palace and the three gates, that bring entry. The "lion gate" to the north, the "eagle gate in the east" and the "eternity gate" to the west. Helios stood with the emperor alongside fenris, behind them stood the custodes. The emperor was giving a speech to the defenders, while helios stood back. He looked around and saw atlas heading towards him, when atlas reached him, he spoke." a strange turn of events isn't it? i never dared dream such a thing would happen." atlas said looking at helios. Helios replied "this is a dark day in the imperium's history, half my brothers have spat on their oaths to the emperor, and now we stand against them" Atlas nodded, but noticed helios' guilty expression." whats wrong helios? why do you have the look of guilt on your face?" atlas asked concerned, helios looked at him and said " i failed him atlas, he was falling into darkness and he reached out for me to save him, and i let him fall." tears left helios' eyes as he spoke, feeling that he was responsible for all this. Atlas placed a hand on his shoulder and said." morpheus made his own choice to betray the emperor, you didn't make him, turn our brothers against us. he made that choice and he'll pay for it." helios nods, and was about to speak when they heard the shout of " MORTARS!" at that moment, the palace was assaulted by mortars from the traitor marines, the result was the knocking out of their auto-cannons. When the mortars stopped coming, the defenders looked to the figures coming from the sea of traitors. The first figure was shadius the "bright star", next was Templas, who turned and knelt, but it was the last figure that drew their attention, Morpheus the "deceiver". He looked over at the palace and it's defenders, then spoke." defenders of the palace, you have fought bravely so far, but think about this. This "emperor" has not done anything to earn your sacrificing your lives, he doesn't understand human love and family. he knows you as warriors yes, and loves you as a commander loves his troops, but your more then that. we only want him, surrender and you will not be harmed, nor will your families. please, don't die for this man, who would order the death of his own sons, just because they didn't agree with him." Silence reigned after that, many seemed to consider his words, until a regular guardsmen opened fire upon morpheus. The bullets bounced off his armor, and he looked at the man, and the man burned inside his own gear, then faded away as ash. The other defenders upon seeing that, renewed their oaths to the emperor, and opened fire upon the traitors. Morpheus just sighed, and ordered the traitors to attack. Thus began the siege of the imperial palace.

This is the part where things will diverge a bit. the primarchs that weren't touched up on enough will get it here, and some things will change. I'm going to switch helios' demise with remus. I also plan to have borus go the "way of russ" going into the warp after the traitors. Most of everything else will be the same, i'll let you know what changed by putting the "revised" on the new stuff till i finish the rebellion and crusades(which i'll give a new name) then i'll move on to the new stuff. I'll also give some of the "lower rank and file" a chance to shine. Also i'm going to change dante from being a traitor to just being a bloodthirsty warrior. He'll keep the animosity to kwylo though.

MORPIO REBELLION REVISED PT 3 - THE SIEGE 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJ9FHkhO1I

(Terra, the lion gates)

When the signal was given, the rebels attacked the palace walls and gates from all sides. The first attack was on the lion gate, which was headed by the 3rd talon salazar. He along with many traitor marines and daemons of nurgle, attacked the lion gate with all they had." PUT YOUR BACKS INTO IT!" salazar howled as they marched on the lion gate, chainsword raised. The men under his command where attacking in droves, while occasionally, having aide from the ships under grim-lock's command, fire on heavy bolter and plasma cannon mounts on the tops of the wall. Salazar called upon his psykic might and fired a large ball of warp-fire at the gate, putting a large dent into the gilded doors. He immediately, ordered those under his command to focus on the dent, eventually breaking it down. " FOR THE POWERS OF CHAOS!" salazar yelled as he lead the charge into the destroyed gate. This caused some loyalists to break off and defend that area.

(EAGLE GATE)

This gate was being used by the council of terra to flee the planet, they would be impeded however by those who served the prince of excess, kept under control by vulgrim. He sent the daemons in first, to soften the "loyalists" up, and then sent in the marines, to surround the area, shooting down each ship that tried to escape. He marched through the streets of Terra, slaying all that would stand against them. He did not slay the children, or those who didn't strike at them. Vulgrim noticed that those who were under his command, were moving too slow. He turned to see what the hold up was, and was filled with fury. The servants of slannesh were torturing the captives and those who did not fight, he pulled his sword out and demanded they cease their actions. They laughed at him, but before they could continue, he leaped upon them and began killing those who did not heed his orders. He used his psykic powers, to destroy the nerves of the followers of the pleasure god, much to the horror of those who reveled in their god's favor. After getting order back in place, they took the eagle gate, and then he allowed them to have their senses back when torturing the terran council. This was brought to the attention of morpheus who applauded him.

(ETERNITY GATE)

Morpheus stood in the back, watching his plan unfold. His sons were doing their tasks well, and have taken the exact spots they needed to win this war. He looked at the wall as it was being brought down, he caught a glimpse of helios and remus looking down at him."what are they talking about?" he thought to himself, but shook his head of those thoughts and continued the plan. Helios watched this and turned to remus," are you certain brother?" he said, "he could just be the second in command." Remus shook his head and replied " i'm sorry helios but it obviously morpheus whose in charge of this rebellion. He must be our main focus." Helios nodded sadly and began to prepare for when the wall would fall. The grim reapers took great joy in breaking down the fire angels' greatest of works. It seems that now, the true path will commence. The battle for terra has truly begone. 

next i'll do the legionary battles, along with other things leading up to the clash between the emperor and the "warmaster". some other stuff will be thrown in swell. The battles with primarchs in them from the orginal rebellion may change, i'll just be changing up some of the stuff. focusing on the marines themselves, along with the other stuff.

REBELLION REVISED - legionary battles  pt 1

(Dante, Kratos and the direwolves along with some traitor guardsmen)

Dante upon the falling of the wall, ran forward into the mass of the loyalist forces. His axe thirsting for the lives of those who would defy his primarch's offer, just to die for a fool. He was not alone in his charge, the direwolves along with some guardsmen. Ares was following morpheus and shadius into battle, so the leader of these parts of the direwolves fell under krato's orders. The loyalist forces here were made of iron fangs, and golden eagles. Dante ran right into them as they were firing shouting "BLOOD DRINK THEIR BLOOD!" The direwolves joined his shout, and began ripping through the loyalists. The eagles matched their beserk fury with their own, the iron fangs behind them, firing on the groups. Blood and fire and sword and bones, all were found in that battle. Dante's fury became so great, his psykic might exploded and covered his halberd in blood like fire, the direwolves believed this was a blessing of khorne, and followed dante like pack animals. The loyalists eventually had to retreat, from dante's onslaught. He fought so hard, that he broke his halberd on the skull of a eagle captain. After this, he picked up a fallen marine's chainaxe and a bolt pistol and continued slaying.

(Kwylo , Nox, william, and mix groupings of the traitor legions)

Kwylo moved ahead of his father, followed by william "the blessed" and nox of the grim reapers. They were to take out the main resistance from the inner areas of the palace. They would be met as they moved by the other "talons of morpheus" and the groups with them, they were being attacked by the legionaries of the blue titans, the soul ravens, and the heavenguard. Two primarchs of those legions stood among them, Atlas, and Excanton. "you shall not pass these doors traitors!" said excanton as he charged at the traitor ranks, the others behind him." TEAR THEM APAART!" kwylo bellowed as he and the traitors met the loyalist in their charge. The sides clashed in tide of blood and carnage. Vulgrim managed to send the goldenheart into another area, and dante held off atlas. This left the remaining loyalists forces to kwylo and salazar." talon brother kwylo, father will need you at his side, i'll handle this filth" salazar spoke as he stepped in front of kwylo. Kwylo stared at him for a moment, then nodded and continued on with some of the rebels following his lead. This left salazar and the others to face the loyalist forces in the area.

Kwylo and the rebel forces that managed to follow him, kept running through the palace, trying to reach his primarch, as they battled through, when they encountered none other then helios himself, and most of the archangels." halt in the emperor's name" spoke helios as he pointed his blade at them. Kwylo stepped forward, his halberd raised, it seems morpheus would have to wait for him a little longer. The forces running between the two, would look at kwylo and helios and almost "feel" that it was their primarch morpheus there instead.

REBELLION REVISED - legendary battles pt 2 

(DANTE VS ATLAS)

Dante had seen kwylo keep moving, though he hesitated." he shouldn't have hesitated, now to deal with him!" dante thought as he faced down the blue titan's primarch, atlas. They stood their ground waiting for the other to make a move. It would be atlas who breaks the silence," why did morpheus and the others betray the emperor? why cause all this death! all this CHAOS!?" he yelled, each word carrying sorrow and hate. Dante looked him in the eye and replied" for those your emperor betrayed and abandoned" and with that he charged atlas, howling at the top of his lungs. Atlas quickly blocked dante's strike, and retaliated with a fist. Dante having the strength of a primarch(thanks to the blood rite) grabbed the fist and began lifting atlas off the ground, it was slow cause atlas actually was a primarch and bigger and a bit tougher then the others. Atlas kicked dante and knocked him back, allowing atlas enough time to throw another punch. Dante threw his looted axe at atlas, only for the blade to be broken by the gauntlets forged by morpheus long ago. Now weapon less, dante relied on psykic might to keep atlas back. Atlas was only slowed down by the power, but he was still coming, and ares had no weapon with him, when he spotted the spear of a dead custodes, he quickly picked it up and attacked with it. His psykic might becoming erratic with his rage, he ran forward, hacking and slashing at atlas with wild fury. Atlas eventually began to struggle with the blows, taking a few hits here and there. Dante was glowing with hatred, dragging all his fury to himself, and condensing it. Atlas moved in for one more punch when dante released it, "khorne's roar" as it would come to be called, was born and it send atlas through a window and out to the battlements. Dante's howl was so loud and filled with fury, that the forces who dedicated themselves to khorne joined in the howling, and were emboldened to cause greater slaughter. Some say that was when khorne looked down upon dante and "blessed" him. He began to change, growing 2 large horns upon his head, his teeth became razor sharp, his hands became claws, and a large tail burst from him. He was ascending to daemon prince status, to keep the ascension going, dante leaped into fray below and began tearing apart loyalist marines by the bushels.

( EXCANTON VS VULGRIM)

Vulgrim was fighting excanton at the same time as the battle between atlas and dante, unlike dante he was more of a medic then a warrior. Excanton didn't bother talking and struck with his powersword, causing vulgrim to dodge where he can, and to fight back, with only his chainsword and plasma pistol. Vulgrim struck where he could, firing from a distance and striking up close. The battle was not in vulgrim's favor even when he had the strength of a primarch, excanton kept spouting about the emperor and the "heaven" he was going to build, vulgrim finally had enough and shot the goldenheart in the face. Excanton reared back, and then yelled in fury as he swung rapidly. Vulgrim fought back as best he could, but he was too slow and paid for it when excanton tore vulgrim's back with the power-sword. Vulgrim screamed in pain, causing some of his brothers to come to his aide, but they were cut down. Vulgrim pulled out the drugs he used to nullify pain, and injected them all into himself, he was in too much pain to realize what he head done. He managed to get up after that and used his psykic power to force his flesh to knit itself back together, this use of drugs and sorcery caused him to undergo a change in movements. He charged the golden-heart and struck with all his might again and again, till his weapons broke, and he started to use his fists. It still wasn't enough, excanton knocked him aside, but before he could end vulgrim's life, keeper of secrets broke into the palace and began attacking his sons. He left believing vulgrim dead, to challenge this creature. After he left, vulgrim managed to crawl out of the rubble, and his brothers pulled him from the battlefield.

( KWYLO VS HELIOS)

Kwylo felt the suffering of his brothers, and clenched his halberd tightly."step out of the way helios, i will not repeat myself" kwylo said with a bit of anger. Helios simply shook his head, and his sons charged kwylo and the rebels with him. The rebels were gonna charge, but kwylo held them at bay, and then unleashing his full psykic power, bathed the loyalist troops in warp flame and lightening. The sight of this halted some of the archangels, and that proved to be their mistake when kwylo leaped through the fire and killed them, the rebels following him as he charged, Helios charging as well rallying the remaining loyalists with shouts." DON'T LET THEM REACH THE EMPEROR!"  he cried over and over. Kwylo summoned daemons of khorne and tzeentch right ontop of the loyalist forces, then hit helios with lightening. Helios blocked it with his blade, and was slowly advancing towards kwylo. The battle continued for what felt like an eternity, until a great pressence was felt, and the daemons were sent howling back into the warp. Kwylo realizing what this could mean, brings the ceiling crashing down on helios, and ushering his brothers and the other rebels forward into the throne room.

REBELLION REVISED PT 4 - THE CLASH OF GODS 

(INSIDE THE THRONE ROOM)

The emperor was just stepping from his throne, after linking a part of his soul to the astronomican. He looked around in-front of him, two primarchs borus, and remus. To the left and right stood the custodes, and malcador." this madness must end. to much has been lost." borus said to break the silence. Remus agreed with borus on this, the emperor was about to speak when the door busted open. All turned to see the 3 "leaders" of the rebellion, shadius "the bright star", neptune " the kraken", and finally in the back stood the most hated. Morpheus looked around the room, and spoke." i won't waste any of our time, trying to convince you to stand down. shadius now is your "big moment"." he nods to shadius who grins, and runs forward. Borus and remus attempt to stop him, but were met with lashes from his demonically enhanced whip. It sent borus crashing into a pillar, and remus behind the golden throne. The emperor meerly grabbed the whip and pulled shadius towards him, then he kicked shadius in the chest. Shadius fell to the ground, with a pained expression, it looked like he was mentally fighting something. The emperor reached down to attempt to help his favored son. It was a trap, shadius pierced the emperor's chest with a hidden dagger he kept on his person. Shadius laughed and kicked the emperor off him, he then began wailing on the emperor, till malcador sent him back with the sigil he carries. Borus managed to get to his feet, when he saw what transpired. In his anger, he threw a part of the pillar on shadius' body, pinning him. This was not going according to morpheus' plans at all, he could take comfort in the fact that the emperor will die. He picks shadius, just as kwylo busts through the doors himself. Morpheus looks at him and plan is understood, kwylo fired lightening at the roof, bringing it down as the rebels make their escape. The message was relayed to the other talons, and all the rebel forces. 

REBELLION REVISED PT 5 - THE EXODUS 

The signal for retreat had been given, and the rebel forces start to retreat, many different legionaries piling as many ships as they can. They normally would only let those from their legion aboard, but do to the drilling of morpheus' idea of unity, they let any legionary and the mortals who fought with them aboard. The black abyss was still waiting for it's lord, the demon possessed guns tearing apart any loyalists interference. The rebel princes( they renounced the title primarch)  were tearing a path to their ships, taking off when they make it. The exodus gave the loyalist hope, and they pressed their attack.  Every last rebel was fleeing, only the demons, the sons of shadius, and 1 ship under a lunar fang's command. All others were moving. These vessels didn't have to wait long, as morpheus and the others burst out of the palace gates, custodes and loyalists firing at them. They were being pursued by helios, atlas, borus, and remus. " GET READY FOR TAKE OFF!" shouted morpheus as he and neptune drag shadius' unconscious body with them, backed by the talons, and 30 marines of their legions combined.  The moment they made it on the ship, it began taking off. The loyalist began throwing everything they had at the ship, but the ship was too high. Remus ran faster and activated his jet-pack taking him into the sky, helios following him with his wings. The cargo doors were just closing when neptune saw his former brothers giving chase, he reached for his modified plasma pistol and took aim." nighty night remmy" he pulled the trigger, the plasma shot through the opening and hit remus right in the center of his chest, frying his two hearts. Remus opened his mouth in a silent scream, and fell, helios saw this and yelled out remus's name as he dived to catch him. Remus as he fell, heard his animal spirit the ravens. They began surrounding his body in a massive murder, and then vanished, leaving nothing of remus remaining. Helios stopped, and turned to face the traitors, but they had long gone. The loyalists had prevailed but suffered many losses, and almost lost their emperor, were it not for malcadors sacrifice of all his power to heal the emperor. Helios and the primarchs quickly set out to crushing the remainder of the rebellions across the imperium. They chased the rebels all the way to the eye of terra, where they remained for millenia except for 1 legion. The gilded demons, they stayed on their primarch's homeworld and mustered their strength for the battles to come.

CRIMSON BLAZE : THE BURNING OF FURON - revised

It was after the "MORPIO REBELLION" on the furon, the homeworld of morpheus and the crimson dragons. Kwylo was archiving the battles the gilded-demons have fought in and performing the rights for those who died. He was just finishing up when a child of the regular humans came to him. The children look upon kwylo and his brothers as protectors, kwylo is often called the "red mage" by the children. Kwylo was about to speak when a great explosion rocked the planet, kwylo grabbed the boy and ran to the evacuation centers. After the people were safe kwylo sent the call for his brothers to attack the imperial forces, he knew that only chaos would attack them so close to home. He also called the devil-guard to take Morpheus to the escape shuttle, he and the remaining gilded-demons opened fire upon the imperial warriors. The gilded demons fought valiantly but were slowly being overwhelmed by the loyalists, many gilded-demons fell to give time for the passenger ships to escape. The gilded-demons and devil-guard that remained were pushed back to the former throne room of morpheus, it was crumbling and burning like the rest of the city. Kwylo would have stayed and fought to the end but his brothers convinced him to go with their father, morpheus who needs a boost of power to protect the ships during the journey. After kwylo got on the ship and left grim-lock took command and held the line against the archangels and their allies. The resistance fought to the last man until only grim-lock remained, the others having told him to go and set the charges. Grim-lock set the detonation sequence for furon and all the other worlds of " Morpheus's ring" he finished just as the doors to the doors exploded and through it stepped 10 archangels, 6 imperial knights, and Uriel of the custodes. " after we kill you, your traitorous sire will pay for his crime" spoke Uriel and he charged in along with hundreds of marines. grim-lock and what was left of his brothers charged them head on. The battle was fierce and they killed many loyalist marines, but soon only grim-lock remained. He was on the ground dying when Uriel walked up to him and spoke mockingly " any last words heretic "? Grim looked him in the eyes and said " a few. LONG LIVE MORPHEUS THE TRUE EMPEROR ! hahahahaha!" with that he passed on and let go of the detonator that had be in his hand. Kwylo was looking out the window of the ship when he saw the system explode in an array of lights, he looked at the lights and whispered " may you become one with the eternal flame my brothers". The refugees and what was left of the gilded demons continued to travel and seek a new home when they entered the "eye of terror". Morpheus spoke to kwylo, and they picked out a planet in the warp to settle. They then sent scouts to see what has become of their allies in this place. Vulgrim asked to speak with kwylo, and he agreed. Kwylo spoke with his brother about what to do next, and kwylo answered "be ready for anything, and remember that the "gods" can never be trusted." With that, "the PLANET OF THE SORCERORS" was founded.

Archived