champions of fenris details

irwit

Its possible that this will be the new primary detachment only of 7th- perhaps they noticed the poor response to that restriction in Waagh! Ghazzgkull, and removed it much as post Dark Angels codexes allowed force org swaps to work in allied detachments. I can't say, since I don't even have the regular codex yet.

Wolf Guard Void Claws:

1 Unit of 5+ Wolf guard Terminators with Wolf Claws

Special Rules: First Among Equals, Kingsguard, Sagaborn

Coordinated Assault: As long as atleast one model from this Formation is still alive and on the table, you can reroll any Reserve rolls.

If Needs Must: When this unit arrives from Deep strike, you can reroll the scatter if you wish.

Spearhead Strikes: All units from this Formation, begin in Reserves, must arrive by Deep Strike in your first turn.

Is there anything preventing Arajc (or heck, Logan, or an allied battle brother in terminator armor) from attaching to this unit and joining them on their special deep strike?

Edit: Also, I am guessing the Great Wolf detachment does not have Objective Secured? There is really no reason to take any detachment without it, regardless how good the other rules are...

This is a heavy beat stick. You can take one or two of these formations and add them to a CAD with ObjSec, and you're fine. 

Now, given the sticker price on some of these formations, we're talking small ObjSec squads, but, it's still an option, right? 

Or am I missing something?

Ordered the Wolf Guard boxed set so I have been reading through all weekend both the main codex and Logan's supplement.

Notable that you get none of the benefits from the Logan supplement book unless you use the very specific formations within. So no CAD taken from that Supplement.

The buff to Thunderwolf Cav from Kingsguard is very nice. TWC are already competitively priced. The fact they can get +1 WS from this Formation for free is excellent.

The Warlord Traits are far superior to the standard Wolf ones. And they have some very nice Relics too.

Depending on what you will be allowed to take in your local community/tournaments, using the Logan formation to run an HQ, 2 Elites and some Thunderwolf Cav to go with your CAD formation of Wolf stuff will be a nice touch.

And finally The Champions of Fenris

as I said before all previous Formation are attached.

Each Formations Special Rules apply plus Fear, Fearless

Great Wolf: As long as Grimnar is alive, all non vehicle models in this Formation reroll failed to hit rolls in close combat.

Iron High Priest: As long as the Iron priest is alive, all vehicle models have IWND.

Rune High Priest: As long as Stormcaller is alive, all models in this formation have Adamantium Will.

Wolf High Priest: As long as Ulrik is alive, all models in this formation have Preferred Enemy.

Heelllllloooooo apocalypse formation :D

Archived