Fantastic free hand there daemonclaw! And the blending of the various shades of red is superb! :tu:

Personally I'd add a bit more burned iron feel on the engine - but it may look too diesel punk for 40k aesthetics....

So what's next on the pipeline?

It's almost as if Chaplain Mortis summoned you!

The Jetbike looks great. Been trying really hard to resist ordering a few of those, and seeing it there is making it harder! The Chaper icon on the bike is very impressive.

ha ha that would be something to behold .chaplain mortis is a trueblood emperor lapdog he just doesnt know it msn-wink.gif which is why he is having major army problems .

traitor legions are the cool bad guys but just look at the goody goody ultras teasing him already laugh.png

and cheers for the comment ,i would say buy one and give it a try like i did,i wasnt sure whether i liked them but now i am off to order some more

Fantastic free hand there daemonclaw! And the blending of the various shades of red is superb! thumbsup.gif

Personally I'd add a bit more burned iron feel on the engine - but it may look too diesel punk for 40k aesthetics....

So what's next on the pipeline?

cheers cap ,metals are something of a problem for me as i can never seem to get them looking right. i think i will need some practice in that area.

and next up is the contemptor dread and a trio of termies and some ashen circle all in various states of completion

cheers DC

Good thing that I had the instant notification... msn-wink.gif

I love the jetbike and the freehand. I'm looking forward to the dreadnought.

cheers Arac did you notice the riders name bares a striking similarity to yours .mmmmm wonder where i got that fromtongue.png

When you say Contemptor do you mean the WB one? or the Deredeo? In eiher case I look forward to it!

hi cap

its the WB contemptor pix will be up soon

cheers guys DC

You've seen Mhara Gal, yeah? Now you know you have to have a go with it. In time... smile.png

oh yeah i gotta gets me one of those bad boys to keep the gal vorbak companylaugh.png

Sweeeet work on the jetbike!

Always good to see what the opposition is haha..

Paint a sharks mouth on the next one :-D

And you must get that new irish word Bearers dread!

Hurry up and finish the one your working on

Great stuff as always

cheers chappie . funny i was thinking of doing a shark mouth on the jetbike soooo maybe on the next onelaugh.png

I was gonna say about the Mhara Gal too if no one else did msn-wink.gif id love to see what you'd do with that model.

yeah i love the look of him but the FW painting of him isnt doing it any selling favours imho

i always wondered why they didnt get their stuff painted by a eavy metal team like GW does

anywhoo i thought i would show how my contemptor looked yesterday !!!

the pix are poor and he looks very washed out for some reason but he is now being repainted as in real life it is wayy too orange for my taste .and i am having a rethink on the glowing lines as it looks a bit busy ,any advise would help as i am a bit stuck with direction at the moment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0926_zpsjgp4sdsj.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0930_zpseftzbnzw.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0927_zps1jtpmfrj.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0928_zpsuksrpcnc.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0929_zpsaqy0sgi3.jpg

cheers DC

I don't really like a lot of what Eavy Metal put out these days. They use a lot of very OTT cartoony colours and very stark highlights and stuff. The FW painters have always got a grittier more realistic effect IMO, which I prefer.

Looks great man!  I love the rich red you've achieved.  

cheers though it looked very orange in real life

Haha...30k is going contemptor mad!!

Nice to see the beast! Its looks sweeeeeeet

The runes really pop!

Great stuff as always mate

cheers bro 

poor pics or not, that is a striking Contemptor. I would love to see some close ups of the freehand all over his hull. 

cheers sir will get some closer pix sorted

Have you seen the new Word Bearers contemptor? The demonised one from ForgeWorld? Looks pretty intense!

oh boy yes and my wb army would not be complete without one

That contemptor is awesome.

Agree with you on FW painting of Mahara Gal, although the one thing they have over the studio team is the ability to use non gw products for painting.

cheers brother i cant wait to have a go at one myself

I don't really like a lot of what Eavy Metal put out these days. They use a lot of very OTT cartoony colours and very stark highlights and stuff. The FW painters have always got a grittier more realistic effect IMO, which I prefer.

truth in that statement ,though i also feel a lot of GW direction on modelling is also going the cartoon way

and thanx to the subliminal voices from the bolter boys i have ordered the possessed contemptor and am itching for the delivery

until then here is the repainted contemptor ,this colour feels right to me and runes are being repainted now too

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0932_zpsuulxqpol.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0933_zpskbvrrtrg.jpg

cheers for your kind comments DC

Awesome Contemptor, dude! The red is really well done smile.png

cheers kizzdougs many thanx

I'm torn, I liked the red of the contemptor before, however I do like the blood like red you have now.

cheers hydra. i didnt think the first red was bad per se it was just bugging me as it was sat next to my thousand sons tester and looked too close to the orange i used there .i suppose it would have been easier to move the models apart but hey chaos is fickle and it rubs off on you biggrin.png

cheers guys DC

Excellent work on the Contemptor, really love the rich red you've achieved.

cheers brother

Thousand Son tester.....

I have one of those to smile.png

lol why does that not surprise mebiggrin.png

i thought it was part of the 30k right of passage to try several chapters ,then retry them then go back to the first choicerolleyes.gif

Really like what I've seen so far (can't believe this has escaped my attention for so long). The use of blue as a spot colour is inspired. My favourite unit are the Gal Vorbak - I've never been a big fan of possessed models in the past (especially the generic ones), but yours have changed my mind.

Love 'em! happy.png

Haha cracked me up that you painted that bugger again!

Forgive my less than perfect colour vision (it still looks the same as before) so will just say it looks as awesome as before Lol.

When you getting cracking on that fire raptor? Or mhara gal?

Archived