30k Vehicle/Automata Concepts - The Manufactorum

Fellblade / Spartan Chassis?

And provide the meatsacks of the Solar Auxilia with the exclusive preserve of the Legiones Astartes? What foul heresy is this :tongue.:

Oh in that case :cuss em! they only deserve enough protection to make them into more effective meat shields. I thought we were talking  Astartes vehicles for some reason.

Didn't you do something with the Macharius Chassis already? Maybe the Crassus Troop Carrier as a base over the standard?

Well, if the Macarius Chassis didn't exist in 30k, thats even more room to use an existing model but to truly make it your own.

And yes, I think it was the Mastiff :p

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put some thoughts to metaphorical paper, becuase it'll be a little while before I can actually continue designing stuff, but that doesn't mean I won't continue thinking of unit concepts.

Legion Estoc Support Speeder

Basically, I wanted to make a landspeeder equivalent of modern day military scout / transport choppers, as well as developing the in-universe predecessor to the Land Speeder Storm (6 legionary capacity).

The design will be based around an enlarged javelin, with the following alterations:

- The pilot will sit in an open cockpit, positioned in between the two ridges that are formed along each side of the speeder's body, at the front of the speeder (this front 'hood' will also be reduced in length compared to the javelin)

- The passenger will sit in three rows of 2, facing towards the sides of the speeder (the tranport area will be canopy-less, with a central ridge dividing the seats which face opposite directions)

- There will be 4 engine exhausts, arranged in a 'mushroom' shape (two at the bottom, two wider spaced at the top), of similar style to the Scimitar / Javelin engines

- There will be missile pods attached along the top of the engine cowlings

- The middle of the 3 rows of seats will have a Heavy Bolter turret 'arm' of similar style to those found on the Valkyrie (on either side), which can be used by the passenger, or folded so they sit parralel to the speeder's hull, so they can be remotely operated by the pilot (can be exchanged for rotor cannons, heavy flamers, multi-meltas or volkite culverins)

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

As a favor to your brothers in the first legion, could you make a Sicaran with a Volkite Cascade cannon on top for some righteous smiting of Heretics?

Mayhaps with a sexxxy name like Sicaran Broadsword?

Peruse back merely one page and you will discover that the Sicaran Lanius will also have options to take a twin-linked Volkite Cascade, which already has rules.

And I'm afraid the design I'm working on to showcase this variant will be for the Salamanders, what with all the fiery-ness - you Dark Angels can't have all the cool toys (who am I kidding, the Xth by far has the most cool tech, and I know it :wink:  )

As a favor to your brothers in the first legion, could you make a Sicaran with a Volkite Cascade cannon on top for some righteous smiting of Heretics?

Mayhaps with a sexxxy name like Sicaran Broadsword?

Peruse back merely one page and you will discover that the Sicaran Lanius will also have options to take a twin-linked Volkite Cascade, which already has rules.

And I'm afraid the design I'm working on to showcase this variant will be for the Salamanders, what with all the fiery-ness - you Dark Angels can't have all the cool toys (who am I kidding, the Xth by far has the most cool tech, and I know it :wink: )

I was just asking for a picture of one haha :D I remember making the rules with kitwulfen and others.

And if course we have all the cool toys! We got them before it was cool!

Fraid' I'll be using my own rules:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295603-30k-vehicle-automata-concepts-sicaran-vindex-lanius/?p=3909624

Oh, god you know what you've done - the Dark Angels are now officially the Hipster Legion :yuck:

Unfortunately, tis so. Hopefully this doesn't mean I need to model my first with beards and flannel.

How dare hipsters claim beards?! It makes those of us who can't be bothered to shave look bad! Quick with the sally variant! Hipsters must be purged with righteous flame! This upstart cult is at odds with the Emperors decree. To the skinning pits! Hel pattern chain attachments to all vehicles... Ahem sorry i seemed to have had a slight case of zeal

I do, but I also kinda of have insider information.

Sounds like we got ourselves a squealer :devil:

The heraldry gave it away.

Yeah, I didn't mean to leave finishing this for quite so long after I showed Hyenidae the altered Legion icon :whistling:

Just as a bit of info, this does mean I will likely be featuring users' background & forces in these designs / their little fluff blurbs (obviously only with their permission) - however, these will only be very occasionally. Also, because I'll be developing an over-arching background to do with Clan Brannsars' engagements across the Cymaera Verge, and I'll want full editorial control over most of that content, any mentions of user fluff will be pretty peripheral. For example, XIV Dragoon will be featured in a couple of vehicle designs becuase they formed part of a IVth Legion taskforce which sacked the planet on which an Imperial Fist force which subsequently joined up with the Clan was garrisoned. So they never had any direct contact with Brannsar - this gives me a bit more freedom in terms of doing horrible things to the traitors Brannsar does fight :P

Like I said, these'll probably be few and far between - like many of yous, my brain is already chock-full of formations from other Legion's I'd like to explore, but I just thought I'd let you all know.

Thanks fer lookin'

Good things come to those who wait - I will be featuring both the Night Lord & World Eaters once I get the edits for these DIY units out the way, and depending on the assets I have available, they may even feature in some of those vehicle designs.

Unfortunately, they won't be using user background becuase, well, they get horribly murderised. The Night Lords will even get a new special unit - think Breachers designed to spread panic amongst enemy troops - they'll have flamers, boarding sheilds & modified grenade harnesses that fire canisters of halucinogenic compunds that induce utter terror in their victims - think Scarecrow's fear toxin.

Patience - these take :censored: ages