Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

Yeah but i have just got involved in a local tournament which is 600 points, painted and everything, on the 18th of September, so...i am screwed...even 2 basic 10 man squads plus a Sicaran and a Centurian is like 230 quid :/

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I'm still trying to figure out the heraldry for my marines and some of the bling. Id like to do some robes and such, but I don't want to overdo it.

I'm still trying to decide what I want for a company emblem and how to do the Legion heraldry. I like the idea of Dreadwing, but I have no idea yet about the Dark Angels as their fluff is lacking.

Idk if each separate wing had combined arms or was a separate speciality.

Hi all!

After not involving myself in the hobby or B&C at all in 2014, I just can't stay away any more (and I'm making myself finish a bunch of existing things before I go out and get any more stuff)!

My pledge for September is for my World Eaters, and will be a squad of 5 Red Butchers and Angron.

Thanks to Frostmourne for putting this together!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I'm still trying to figure out the heraldry for my marines and some of the bling. Id like to do some robes and such, but I don't want to overdo it.

I'm still trying to decide what I want for a company emblem and how to do the Legion heraldry. I like the idea of Dreadwing, but I have no idea yet about the Dark Angels as their fluff is lacking.

Idk if each separate wing had combined arms or was a separate speciality.

Though more Ultramarine-ish in flavour, why not do a Toga type thing for your terminator robes? Goes from around 1 shoulder to the waist then down around the legs. Use it as a canvas for personal / Company / Chapter Heraldry and the like.

Hi all!

After not involving myself in the hobby or B&C at all in 2014, I just can't stay away any more (and I'm making myself finish a bunch of existing things before I go out and get any more stuff)!

My pledge for September is for my World Eaters, and will be a squad of 5 Red Butchers and Angron.

Thanks to Frostmourne for putting this together!

Cool, I remember your World Eater and Imperial Fist plog, was very good.

Also, were you, me and facmanpob supposed to go for a beer sometime?

I'm going to try to finish up x18 breachers + x3 regular legionaries + x2 legion standard barrers. 23 mans total. No sergeants though- I'm holding off on my characters until FW releases IW torsos + heads.

Undercoated, varnished, hair-sprayed, and zenithal primed them last night. The conversions alone took over a month to finish. Hopefully I can get the painting done in less time.

e: Just to give an idea, it took me 3hrs to get halfway done with this stage:

http://i.imgur.com/0Wkt3iR.jpg

F cleaning mold lines on forgeworld crap

Gotta feeling this is going to be a cool thread!

Well done for setting this up Frostmourne

Looking forward to seeing everybody's progression as the months go by and to see these armies building up!

Hopefully we can keep the motivation going for each other..

Im definitely in.....just making last minute choices to what legion to pick haha...the endless question

Will edit this post with my choice and what I intend to paint along with pics...

Good luck everyone and look forward to seeing your minis!

@Wyvern - Looking good man. Really nice kitbashing. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

@Demon2027 - Crap! We totally were! That's my bad I think. We couldn't make it work around Christmas. I'm still keen though, beer being relatively essential to a good life. Can't believe you remember my Plog either. I need to get back on that.

I've spent this evening in front of X-Men: First Class drybrushing various shades of Bronze and Brass over this guy as a test for my Red Butchers, and I'm pretty happy with the result so far. Obviously this is still WIP, but I think the armour is pretty close to done, though my crappy phone camera is not the best thing in the world.

gallery_67188_8872_111999.jpg

It only took a little over an hour to get to this point, so I'll have a crack at the others tomorrow night.

I'm going to try to finish up x18 breachers + x3 regular legionaries + x2 legion standard barrers. 23 mans total. No sergeants though- I'm holding off on my characters until FW releases IW torsos + heads.

Undercoated, varnished, hair-sprayed, and zenithal primed them last night. The conversions alone took over a month to finish. Hopefully I can get the painting done in less time.

e: Just to give an idea, it took me 3hrs to get halfway done with this stage:

F cleaning mold lines on forgeworld crap

Please please please say you were wearing a mask of some sort when you did that and was cleaning it up sad.png

I cant make a pledge for painting my models (I cant paint) but I will make a pledge to get models made!

My pledge for Setpember, for my Templars/Imperial Fists is to make:

2 x Caestus Assault Rams

10 x Terminators

2 x Landraiders (with magnetised weapon options)

Please please please say you were wearing a mask of some sort when you did that and was cleaning it up sad.png

You bet! I have a P3 rated respirator for modeling and painting. Just having resin dust on my fingers for long periods of time is enough to irritate my skin.

You bet! I have a P3 rated respirator for modeling and painting. Just having resin dust on my fingers for long periods of time is enough to irritate my skin.

Come work with me for a week and you'll be ruined for the rest of your life.

;)

Concrete in the veins and resin in the lungs and all of chemicals epoxies tar bitumen and whatnot tend to exhaust your joints

Glad this is underway. Decided to start at the top and get my HQ done, then will be moving on to troops. 

So my first pledge is an Emperor's Children Centurion armed with a Phoniex spear and plasma pistol.

I undercoated him this morning, so will try and get a picture up later today. 

Archived