Casual 30k Hobby Challenge. Month 1

Frostmourne

@Wyvern

@Demon2027 - Crap! We totally were! That's my bad I think. We couldn't make it work around Christmas. I'm still keen though, beer being relatively essential to a good life. Can't believe you remember my Plog either. I need to get back on that.

I will see if I can organise something with him.

The red butcher looks good so far.

Think I have got to a point where I am happy with my AL scheme. Not the smoothest paint job, but I can work on that later.

14875745478_eee51da17f.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions to model combat shields on my honour guard? At the minute they are Iron Hands Immortals with some slight converting but I want to give them all combat shields but the siege shields seem a bit large and really limit poses.

@Demon2027 - Cheers mate! That's a great take on the AL scheme too. I really like the contrast between the blue and black.

@Reyner - I've used the Tartaros Storm Shields as Combat Shields in the past as an alternative to Boarding Shields, and I've been pretty happy with how they look. They're not as bulky, but still look like they'd offer a decent amount of protection. Just file off the Aquila and you're sorted.

That an expensive option. You could always find a shape/ design you like and cut it out of plasticard, that' s what I plan on doing eventually. Another option would be to look for shields for other ranges and find some you like.I know people have used the Bretonian shields in the past.

MANY PEOPLES!!

Those who want to join, PM me so I can add your :cuss!

On a more awesome level, I have ordered my Iron Hands 600 points list

Praetor set

MK3 Command

2 x Iron Hands Legion Squad

2 x Mk3 Legion Squad

1 x Iron Hands shoulder pads

1 x Phobos Bolters

MK3 command upgrade set

2 Heresy Rhinos

1 Mk3 Legion squad more

1 Mk3 Legion Heavy squad

Volkite Culverins

Lascannons

Sicaran.

Urgh my bank.

MANY PEOPLES!!

Those who want to join, PM me so I can add your :cuss!

On a more awesome level, I have ordered my Iron Hands 600 points list

Praetor set

MK3 Command

2 x Iron Hands Legion Squad

2 x Mk3 Legion Squad

1 x Iron Hands shoulder pads

1 x Phobos Bolters

MK3 command upgrade set

2 Heresy Rhinos

1 Mk3 Legion squad more

1 Mk3 Legion Heavy squad

Volkite Culverins

Lascannons

Sicaran.

Urgh my bank.

Wow thats some nice goodies. Looking forward to seeing you put it all together.

I will probably do a wip thread somewhere when it turns up. Having a look at painting with the greeny purpley oily colour from FW but it looks complicated.

Also I have managed to buy enough space Iron Hands Soecific MK3 squad shoulder pads individually I can do all my marines even my havoks in it.

Also thanks Golem :) it's very much something I am lookin forward to. Bought my Phoenix Spear! :P

I might join this one, but with how things are panning out for me I might just stick to the general WIP thread that Frostmourne might/will make later down the line so I can take my time and not feel hurried, even if its a friendly "competition" with no downsides...I just don't like losing when I can avoid it!

Mainly because, over the past ~6 months? I think? I've accumulated / assembled:

1x Land Raider Achilles

1x Land Raider Phobos

1x Sicarian

2x Rhino

1x Spartan

50x Marines various armor marks (mostly III and IV

4x Contemptor, various arms, 2 mortis'

1x IF upgrade kit (chest and heads)

2x Legion Command set, Mk III and MK IV

1x Legion Preators

1x MoS and Legion Champion

2x MK IV Ironclad Dread

1x Chaplain Dread (might use this in 40k, not 30k...not sure)

1x Legion Apothercarion set (also bought some GK recently...so I can use the Termy Apothecary arm for a Primus Medicae...)

15x Tartaros Terminators (5 with BT storm shields for count as 1st company + Vigil Pattern storm Sheild)

15x Cataphractii Terminators

Yes, my bank IS a desolate waste land ATM...Don't remind me my wallets tears are enough >_>

Wooooooo....I have decided on a legion... ( for this months pledge anyhoo haha)

Right, I'm gonna be joining the mighty IV legion iron Warriors

And this month im pledging a ten strong tactical squad to get me going..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20140828_202215.jpg

Nice one frostmourne on getting your order in...keep an eye out for that postie with ya parcel haha..

@Demon...nice scheme for the alpha legion!...its nice to see paint on your models, well done brother.

@slipstreams..thats an impressive haul of minis..thought I had a lot but that takes the biscuit...I bet your wallet cries every time you venture near it lol

@Chaplain Mortis : Aye, it does. My rather large display case is almost full at this point and I haven't even assembled 75% of the Marines nor the Spartan :X the upside is it took me 6 ish months to build this up not one giant go which would have literally made me puke blood as well as make my wallet burst into flames. Also doesn't include the small side force of Space Elves I've got nor the 40k only marines / scouts I've got.....I have a problem lol :D

@Demon : Agreed, love the way you painted them, gives it a more battlefield ware & tear feel to it with dust and grime everywhere after being on the field for long periods of time.

Do you have enough points in 600pts for that? I've found small forces in 30k incredibly hard to make haha

The idea is cool though :) how are you gonna do rules for the Phoenix spear btw?

For those joining late, a word of advice.

This was started as a way for people to just get cracking on a way to start or finish a Legion they had in mind. And try and get some fluff, and some banter going.

If you are doing a bunch of Legions and only 1/2 squads for each that's great! I'm not going to stifle your hobby at all. But try and keep each pledge per month a single Legion. Just makes it more thematic :)

There will be a Wip thread soon (probs weekend) for everyone to post everything :)

This is more a long term but casual hobby challenge :) everyone is welcome of course so let's get heretical.

For those joining late, a word of advice.

This was started as a way for people to just get cracking on a way to start or finish a Legion they had in mind. And try and get some fluff, and some banter going.

If you are doing a bunch of Legions and only 1/2 squads for each that's great! I'm not going to stifle your hobby at all. But try and keep each pledge per month a single Legion. Just makes it more thematic smile.png

There will be a Wip thread soon (probs weekend) for everyone to post everything smile.png

This is more a long term but casual hobby challenge smile.png everyone is welcome of course so let's get heretical.

I'd say keep the WIP content in this thread. The more reason we have for people to post in this thread, the more it will keep people going. We can post WIPs, final stuff, and just see how people are coming along all in one place. Critical mass is a good thing smile.png

My Forgeworld order will be turning up for my pledge and part of month 2's pledge as well:

Mk III Strike Force (mk III captain, banner bearer and 20 mk III marines)

An additional pack of mk III marines

5 mk III Heavy Support marines

Pack of Missile Launchers

Mk III power/assault weapons pack

Rapier Laser Destroyer Array

2 packs of Imperial Fists torso upgrades

2 packs of Imperial Fists helmet upgrades

Nice bit of kit to start my second Legion. They'll start out as allies for my 4k of Heresy-era Salamanders but soon will be an army in their own right

Agreed WIP of the people who want to pledge can stay in here. No worries.

But not everyone who may want to post pics of wip or even completed projects may want to pledge to complete stuff. So the thread is for that too.

Critical mass is good, dilation not so much

Archived