I hope you own a salt mine for this one ...

Jacinda

Yeah, the army the list and rules are quite decent. Of course things are somewhat limited by the existing models and whatnot, but it's a perfectly playable army. Of course one could've hoped for more fluff and stuff, but the e-codex gets the job done anyways. Maybe things will improve in the future - one can only hope.

Yeah, the army the list and rules are quite decent. Of course things are somewhat limited by the existing models and whatnot, but it's a perfectly playable army. Of course one could've hoped for more fluff and stuff, but the e-codex gets the job done anyways. Maybe things will improve in the future - one can only hope.

I tried it out today, and my opponent actually complained about the ammount of melta weapons lol.

I have yet to play 40k since the 7th or the release of the codex but I am very happy with the e-codex. It has that original sisters codex feel to it.

What was wrong with the WH Codex? It was my second army & I loved that book. Such a better list than the White Dwarf one in my opinion. Faith points were 4 points a piece, any superior could take an eviscerator, the canoness had access to jump packs (I miss running her with the Saint), the wargear was great, arco-flagellants were massively better if a bit expensive & playing with the =][= was optional.

What was wrong with the WH Codex? It was my second army & I loved that book. Such a better list than the White Dwarf one in my opinion. Faith points were 4 points a piece, any superior could take an eviscerator, the canoness had access to jump packs (I miss running her with the Saint), the wargear was great, arco-flagellants were massively better if a bit expensive & playing with the =][= was optional.

Yeah I really liked the WH codex. But every time I say that I feel like I'll be next one the pyre lol.

That sororitas ecodex is in the same league with the abomination csm had between 3.5 and now. It shouldn't be mentioned.

Thus spake someone who's never played it. The E-codex is actually a very well written army list.

I heavilly disagree. It's a slowly wrecking train of monobuild. And for some of us that monobuild just doesn't run like it used too.

Too many units that are just flat out bad for no real reason, a nerf to AoF that didn't need to occur, a nerf to Repentia(!) that didn't need to occur, a points increase on some options for no good reason (why are S3/T3/I3 models paying 15 points for power weapons?), a loss of some options, a highly restrictive relics list that means we can't even try to make a Canoness useful....

It's not a good book. It's got some small perks (generic Priests are good, Exorcists are cheaper) but it has so much wrong that I just don't have the desire to even try running it anymore. It's physically draining to be outmatched every game I play by almost every other army out there (hi Nids!) and fighting to not get tabled. Maybe it's my meta, but it HURTS to play Sisters and it hurts me even more when I have to say it: love the models, love the lore, hate the rules because they are pure garbage.

It must be your meta. I have great fun with it, win most of my games... and use a Canoness. Sometimes two. It's far from monobuild. Seraphim and Dominions are both equally awesome and viable choices, Retributors... have their place... and you can have just as much fun running massive blobs of footslogging Sisters with Priests as you can running MSU immolators.

The Canoness doesn't need to be covered in relics, and the relics themselves don't really synergise all that well with each other in any case, which is why it doesn't matter.

The limitation on Acts of Faith was unneeded, but it does make them feel more special when you use them.

The price hike was to be expected, but the AoF change came as a bit of a surprise. Rending would've been pretty good to have against MEQ and TEQ.

I've still used them in all the four games I've played with the Sisters, but never managed to do anything noteworthy with them. In general it sucks that heavy bolters aren't that great, same problem on my marines, as I like heavy bolters. If only they were salvo weapons, that would make them so much better. As it is I just use them because not using them would mean I paid for nothing :P

That sororitas ecodex is in the same league with the abomination csm had between 3.5 and now. It shouldn't be mentioned.

Thus spake someone who's never played it. The E-codex is actually a very well written army list.

I heavilly disagree. It's a slowly wrecking train of monobuild. And for some of us that monobuild just doesn't run like it used too.

Too many units that are just flat out bad for no real reason, a nerf to AoF that didn't need to occur, a nerf to Repentia(!) that didn't need to occur, a points increase on some options for no good reason (why are S3/T3/I3 models paying 15 points for power weapons?), a loss of some options, a highly restrictive relics list that means we can't even try to make a Canoness useful....

It's not a good book. It's got some small perks (generic Priests are good, Exorcists are cheaper) but it has so much wrong that I just don't have the desire to even try running it anymore. It's physically draining to be outmatched every game I play by almost every other army out there (hi Nids!) and fighting to not get tabled. Maybe it's my meta, but it HURTS to play Sisters and it hurts me even more when I have to say it: love the models, love the lore, hate the rules because they are pure garbage.

It's the same way for Militarum Tempestus. I was...surprised...to see 15 points for power weapons given to S3 models. :|

To be honest, a lot of people badmouth Sisters as being a "Bad army list". I, out of curiosity, looked at their codex (Last time I played them was the WH codex in 4th), and...to be honest? They're not bad. Not bad at all. They have a lot of options that made me go, "Oh, that would be brutal".

I'm not overly impressed with the AoF change, but it feels more streamlined now, at least. It's still pretty good, just not AS good. That being said, it would be nice to have the old system back due to the benefits it gave, but...alas. Everything is being hit by the nerf-stick lately. Look at Grey Knights. At least, that sems to be the current trend.

Yeah, it seems they're "standardizing" certain wargear upgrade costs between all Imperial codices, without taking into account that one Imperial model is not like the other. That power weapon is quite different when it's taken on a 1-wound non-veteran S3 A1 I3 Sister Superior as compared to a 4-wound S4 A4 I5 Space Marine Chapter Master, and so forth.

In general it sucks that heavy bolters aren't that great, same problem on my marines, as I like heavy bolters. If only they were salvo weapons, that would make them so much better. As it is I just use them because not using them would mean I paid for nothing tongue.png

I'm very confused by this, how would being Salvo make Heavy Bolters better? Salvo is the worst weapon type in the game atm, and the kiss of death to the utility of weapons they give it to (the only major exception I'm aware of being Blastmasters), unless the model has relentless.

I'm very confused by this, how would being Salvo make Heavy Bolters better? Salvo is the worst weapon type in the game atm, and the kiss of death to the utility of weapons they give it to (the only major exception I'm aware of being Blastmasters), unless the model has relentless.

I'm confused as to how it would not make it better? I mean to compare:

- Heavy 3, which on non-relentless Infantry such as the Sisters means either 3 36" shots at BS 4, or 3 36" snapshots, the latter being basically useless

- Salvo 2/3, which would then be 2 18" shots at BS 4 when moving or 3 36" BS 4 shots when stationary

So you're just as good at shooting when standing still, but can actually do useful shooting after moving as well. How is that not an improvement? As it is taking heavy bolters on anything but units that you never want to move just drags the squad down, and if for whatever reason the enemy forces you to move - like causing casualties and you fail morale check - then your fancy weapon upgrade is worse than having the basic weapon the upgrade replaced! A salvo 2/3 heavy bolter such as this on the other hand would feel like an actual upgrade even on units that you move, like units in a Rhino that you're moving towards the enemy. You'd actually be able to fire the heavy bolter from a moving Rhino without snapshotting as well (provided no more than 6" of movement obviously).

Obviously they won't be making this change, but I sure wish they did. I really like heavy bolter models on both my marines and sisters and wish they could be more useful in actual gameplay.

My own opinions were that the e-codex was overall a very slight nerf accross the board, but it is still more then capable of holding its own in the game.  Options were limited more through rail-roading rather then removal, although that did occur too.  If we were to be rolled I would be a little sad, as yet again I think it would be wasted potential of a faction that could thrive if only given the chance.

Or just once if you don't have any Simulacrums, which I sadly don't.

Or just once if you don't have any Simulacrums, which I sadly don't.

Simulacrum are hardly difficult to make. Just stick a back banner on a regular bolter Sister.

Well, it's true that you can make them that way, but I guess I'm a sucker for the official models. Heh. Gotta get at least one of the Simulacrum model at some point, it looks nice.

glad i have about 12 of them then.

As for the E-dex, there are some parts i like, but a lot has changed now that many don't like. I even showed it to other players who don't play Sisters, and they are like wow... that is bad.

Overall, Dominions are still viable, though losing ignore cover to twin linked is a let down, the Seraphin, not having access to dual shot or power weapons is sad. Repentia, well won't got there, not unles you like suicide troops that cost lots.

PE's well still good, i run 6 most times, and they stomp most, i have even torn apart Imperial KNightsl with them.

Canoness, well its sad to see so much wargear being torn out, and thrown away, most time i dont even  use her now.

Preists, well they are worth it now thankfully.

Celestiens, waste of ink at the moment, may aswell take another Battle squad. With no access to CC weapons, its a waste of points to even bother.

I still love playing sisters, win or lose, a good game is a good game, and man people react well to them being played, such a cool army to get out of a case!

I run mostly only two max simulacrum, one in my Retributors, with another in my dominions if I field them in a repressor and shoot out of it

As Furyou Miko pointed out - Doms have ignore cover

Seraphim can fire both pistol weapons/flamer/inferno and their superiors can access a power sword

I do think sisters have had a harder ride than most in the 40K universe - but there are still many passionate players about and judging by the likes of ebay many still chasing models

Archived