Two weeks to go in the ETL folks, how are you getting on with finishing those vows?

Entering the final details/basing stage, but I won’t be able to make progress until this weekend.

When is the exact cutoff point and what needs to be submitted? Completion statement and photos?

Two weeks to go in the ETL folks, how are you getting on with finishing those vows?

Close enough to see the white of their eyes.

As per the last few comments... dc have taken longer than expected. Thought I was close but 18 jump packs with bling is like painting an extra squad.

Looking good at the moment. 5 tacticals and the champion are about half done, and at thos pace I might be able to finish those on friday. I really need to get them done sooner than later, as otherwise I will have a really busy last week with terminators and two tanks. The tanks are a bit of a wild card in the schedule as I have no idea how long it will take to paint those. Shouldn't be too long I suppose..

mornin! I had a rough night so to speak yesterday trying to model a DC marine. I used the power fist from the dc box, raised, as shown on the box and in the leaflet inside, and no matter what I do, the jump pack wont fit. It touches the shoulder pad long before it touches the torso. I was trying for hours to make it fit, placed the arm at a different angle, placed the shoulder pad and the jump pack at a different angle, nothing. Almost destroyed the figure with so much glueing and snapping. Anyone else had this problem with that particular bit? I have half a mind to order an MK IV jump pack and be done with it.

Always do a dry run, dread05 - especially with jump pack troops. The fancy BA helmets available now can be difficult to fit between the intakes for example. It's easy to make a decent pose but forget about fitting a jump pack, so always keep one available to do a test run (use something like blu tack to hold the model together) to check it all works.

Watch out for the sanguinary guard shoulders too - they are ok with the wings but not regular jump packs.

Its why my captain ended up a gold boy with wings rather than a jump pack.

I usually only use the simplest of shoulder pads , with no raised details, when it has to do with jump packs, never had this happen before. Its weird, cause, again, I literally used the parts shown on photo shown on the box, and went for the same poze. That raised power fist, cant really be placed any other way.

You may try removing the bump on the back of the guy and try fitting the JP a little higher than normal.

I'll probably use a guard jump pack without the wings, I've done it before on kit bashes. My problem is this wasnt a kit bash. Usually when I build a box for the fist time, I follow the poses on the box, just to be sure. Now I'll give it one more try when I get home, and then I'll order a jump pack and another pair of legs, and I'll build an additional DC model. Trying to think positve when I screw up :)

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 11 UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

+++ETL VI - WEEK 11 UPDATE+++

Week 11 was pretty productive with 27k pts completed rising the total of the ETL to 154k worth of completed points. That translates to a completion rate of almost 37% and a score of 56.7k

On a Faction level the situation is very interesting as Adeptus Astartes completion rate jumped to above 37% securing again first position due to their vast resources. More interestingly though, IFOR has dropped to the last position among the 5 factions in terms of score as they have the lowest completion rate in the ETL **Agents?**. Therefore, they have been overtaken by the Xenos as we’ve seen some fantastic completions by the Necrons, Tau and Orks – and more are in the pipeline! In second position is AoD mostly driven by the Traitors that have been is a production frenzy – imagine what would happen if the Loyalists catch up! Realms of Chaos are in third position despite the stellar performance of the Chaos Marines as Daemons and LatD remain somewhat static.

Remember, we’re getting very close to the end now – the next update (Week 12) will be the last as Week 13 is so close to the end it would be like giving away the final results. So, use your time effectively and wrap it up ASAP!

I will now further analyse Week 11 results:

E TENEBRAE LUX VI – Week 11
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 185 262 165,771 63361,545 37.1% 22,850 Space Marines 6796 52,958 552 17,853 33.7% 6,019Blood Angels 44 6844,255 65121,673 49.0% 10,614 Dark Angels 45 58 38,507 664 12,976 33.7% 4,373 Space Wolves 29 40 30,051 751 9,043 30.1% 2,721 IFOR 67 94 78,531 835 19,299 24.6% 4,743 Adepta Sororitas 6 8 4,642 580 1,034 22.3% 230 AdMech 13 21 11,764 560 4,229 35.9% 1,520Astra Militarum 21 32 22,925 716 9,112 39.7% 3,622 Imperial Agents 12 13 21,676 1,667 894 4.1% 37 Grey Knights 2 2 2,658 1,329 0 0% 0 Deathwatch 13 18 14,866 826 4,030 27.1% 1,092 Realm of Chaos 67 104 68,133 655 26,766 39.3% 10,515 Chaos Space Marines 55 88 53,333 606 23,883 44.8% 10,695 Chaos Daemons 4 5 4,145 829 738 17.8% 131 LatD 8 11 10,655 969 2,145 20.1% 432 Xenos 41 52 32,405 623 12,691 39.2% 4,970 Aeldari 10 11 3,492 317 718 20.6% 148 Necrons 10 12 7,507 626 4,536 60.4% 2,741 Orks 4 6 4,573 762 2,280 49.9% 1,137 T’au Empire 13 18 13,717 762 4,899 35.7% 1,750 Tyranids 4 5 3,116 623 258 8.3% 21 AoD 47 75 73,723 983 33,742 45.8% 15,443 AoD-L 26 38 34,863 917 13,800 39.6% 5,463 AoD-T 21 37 38,860 1,050 19,949 51.3% 10,234 Total ETL VI 407 587 418,563 713 154,043 36.8% 56,692

BLOOD ANGELS:

The Blood Angels are having a spectacular performance! Not only they managed to increase their average vow but, most importantly, they have a re-vowing rate of 55% that has a multiplied effect on their numbers. And of course, they also have a completion rate of 49% - the highest by far within the Astartes Faction and second only to Orks (50%) that only have 4 players though and the AoD-T (51%). You must realise though, the in the last couple of weeks everything is bound to change in a significant way – so no time to relax… The big effort lies ahead not behind, so keep at it! Well done so far guys, well done!

Oh. My. Word.

Phenomenal effort so far folks, with just two to go! On score we're second outright and only by a HQ completion, whilst being a pair of tanks or a Land Raider ahead of third. It's that tight! As Semper has alluded to, this is where the event goes nuts so it can all change as people scramble to get their vows complete. We are in an amazing position but we can't let up; we can still lose out to Chaos and SM with a low completion rate and even be pipped from elsewhere if we take the foot of the gas.

We will never have a better time that this to win the ETL so get painting for The Emperor, and Sanguinius!

What vow :whistling:

No seriously, I've planned to finish it this weekend (this time for real! :blush.: ).

Please do, you've been so close for ages. Your model could literally win the ETL for us, it's that tight!

Entering the final details/basing stage, but I won’t be able to make progress until this weekend.

When is the exact cutoff point and what needs to be submitted? Completion statement and photos?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work and I'm sure you'll do it in time :tu:

August 1st, 1700 UTC

Close enough to see the white of their eyes.

As per the last few comments... dc have taken longer than expected. Thought I was close but 18 jump packs with bling is like painting an extra squad.

Too close for a WIP? Anyway, DC (and the BA Tactical box) do that, still we need a flaw somewhere!

What?

Looking good at the moment. 5 tacticals and the champion are about half done, and at this pace I might be able to finish those on friday. I really need to get them done sooner than later, as otherwise I will have a really busy last week with terminators and two tanks. The tanks are a bit of a wild card in the schedule as I have no idea how long it will take to paint those. Shouldn't be too long I suppose..

Hopefully not, it depends on your style and whether or not you are painting the interior(s). I've still got three tanks to complete (two are around 75 % though...)

I've got quite a bit accomplished for Calen. Though my lowly single model captain isn't much head way, I hopefully will finish him within the time frame.

I'm sure you will - considering what you've had on irl this will be a great achievement :)

So, I'm building my DC Imperial Knight. Is there any reason to go with the Cc knight (gallant?) besides to save some points? The Knights that have a gun arm and a chainsword arm still get the same amount attacks it seems, so I'm not sure what the appeal of the chainsword/gauntlet knight is besides being cheaper. Edited by Brother Lemartes

They have indeed one attack more. With wl traits they can get one more attack to fish out 18 happy feet attacks at 2+. Another wl trait gives them 2+ advance and charge range. I tested two last week with great results. You can give them a rocket launcher and melta if you want some ranged weapons on him.

The Gallant is extremely good. Just beware of screening units of chaff as even all those feet attacks will take a while to chew through a big blob to get at the juicy targets beyond.

Still, you can withdraw from combat in any direction IIRC so even a big screen should not be able to slow you down for more than one turn. The problem comes if that one turn is all the opponent needs to either shoot the Gallant to bits or get his counter-charge units into position.

Gallants are extremely powerful but a well placed Captain Smash, Mephiston, Hammernator squad or DC with Hammers will still put a lot of hurt on one. Many armies have units that can dish out equivalent levels of damage.

A shooty Knight like a Warden has the advantage that it is almost as good in CC as a Gallant against most targets while still being a serious threat at range. A Gallant has to charge to do any serious damage while other knights are dangerous at range as well. A Gallant that makes a good charge will crush almost anything in its path. A Gallant facing screens of chaff and/or decent counter-charge units may struggle.

The correct answer of course is Magnets! :biggrin.:

Having experience with a Gallant using the Relic Fist + Landstrider Warlord Trait... Hooboy, people are not ready for that.You want a Suicide unit? Here it is. House Krast for me, as they re-roll melee attacks when charging/ charged.

Moves 12" + D6+2" Advance, then for 2CP you can do a 2D6+2" Charge...

The Relic Fist has no penalty to hit and does a flat EIGHT Damage (which is a magic number I've found). Not to mention any monster or vehicle you kill has a chance to do D3 Mortal wounds (1CP!) in which you can perform an extra attack on an enemy model within 1" that deals D3 Mortal Wounds, if they survive, both players roll off and add Strength, if the Knight wins it's another D3 - repeat until the Knight draws or loses. With a Krast  Gallant this extra attack hits on a 2+ with a re-roll.

Point this thing at enemy tanks and watch the god damn fireworks my brothers. Nothing is safe.