So...

who is excited to do a kill team of the emperors finest? (that'd be us!)

Custodes aren't an option yet ;)

But I might do, easy way to grab a few Primaris... Then again I've got some Death Watch Pads lying about and they are the original kill team!

• Intercessor Sergeant with Power Sword and Bolt Rifle
  • Intercessor with Stalker Rifle
  • Intercessor with Grenade Launcher and probably Bolt Rifle
  • Reiver with Combat Blade
  • Reiver with Bolt Carbine

That's how my Kill Team looks like in my mind for now until I know the details of how to build one. It's not even any additional work. I have all of those or plan to build them anyway. Still have 2x5 Intercessors ready to build which one was supposed to get Stalker Rifles anyway and I still have 5 Reivers ready to build which I wanted to give Carbines anyway as well. ^^

But I might do, easy way to grab a few Primaris... Then again I've got some Death Watch Pads lying about and they are the original kill team!

I'd be a good reason for me to grab some more models of the original kill team, I already got Antor Delassio just cause I like the model, but sadly assault marines are not part of the kill team yet :|

I'd be a good reason for me to grab some more models of the original kill team, I already got Antor Delassio just cause I like the model, but sadly assault marines are not part of the kill team yet :|

So model him without a jump pack and then he's just straight jumping down onto some heretics.

He is such a good model. Well worth making a showing in kill team if not regular army :-)

He is such a good model. Well worth making a showing in kill team if not regular army :-)

For the moment he's possing as a lieutenant :P

So model him without a jump pack and then he's just straight jumping down onto some heretics.

I've already glued the jump pack on him, I dont wanna break anything :P

have started it, but not far in (been a bit distracted). Seems okay so far, looking back at some of his past whilst also in another time (unsure if its set pre shield of baal and leviathan or not)

The main arc of the story is post shield of Baal

My first death company box just arrived. I'm giddy! Still cant decide how to arm them, I just know they'll have jump packs. One idea is to keep them simple, chainswords and pistols ( I know I can use chainswords and bolters, but I dont really want to start hacking at arms on my first box). The other idea is to arm them to the teeth. 1x thunder hammer, 1x sword and plasma pistol, 1x power fist and inferno pistol, 2 chainswords and hand flamers :P

My favoured ratio is 1 Thunderhammer per 3 DC and the rest with bolters and chainswords. This makes them exceedingly good at clearing lightly armoured opponents but they pack enough punch to threaten most targets without breaking the bank.

For example, I normally run a 10 man DC squad led by Lemartes. Add 3 hammers and you are still only around the 400-point mark. On average, they will kill around 20 GEQs on the charge. On the other hand, they can delete anything up to around a Redemptor Dread with the Hammers alone.

Even against Knights, they have the hitting power to drop a healthy Knight down a profile or finish off a wounded one. It is easy to get carried away with upgrades on the DC but I have found 3TH+7BG/CS+Lemartes to be both good value and effective against pretty much all targets.

Attempt numero dos: STILL no 40k game to be had.

Spagunk, I’m distressed to hear you can’t get any games in. Talk about a fatal problem for a hobby.

If you have not already, have you posted in the section on B&C about introductions or locations or such?

Also, the store you go to may have a Facebook page where arranging matches ahead of time could be possible/advised. I can’t remember the last time I had a “random” match as my club has a heavily used forum. I’m 3000mi away otherwise I’d be down for a game.

My first death company box just arrived. I'm giddy! Still cant decide how to arm them, I just know they'll have jump packs. One idea is to keep them simple, chainswords and pistols ( I know I can use chainswords and bolters, but I dont really want to start hacking at arms on my first box). The other idea is to arm them to the teeth. 1x thunder hammer, 1x sword and plasma pistol, 1x power fist and inferno pistol, 2 chainswords and hand flamers :tongue.:

Power Swords are also quite good in my opinion. You can afford 4 swords for the price of a hammer and our chapter tactic really enables swords to seriously hurt just about any target. Sometimes I just run a 10 DC jump packs all sword and just go ham on anyone in reach turn one. 

For super heavy lifting I'm still leaning towards our captain smash since he gives more reliable hit/wound conversions. 

I think I'll probably go for the rule of cool, they're mostly for display purposes. One with a thunder hammer, 2 with swords and plasma pistols and 2 with fists and inferno pistols. That's what I did with my Sanguinary guard also, used every single item in the box :P

My long- long (think like 2 to 3 years) term plan is to end up with 30 S guard and be able to run; a 5 man with swords and inferno pistols, a 5 man with fists and plasma pistols, a 5 man with axes and bolters, and then 3 5 man squads with swords and bolters. 

Obviously I will have to run things as 10 man squads to keep them in the rule of 3.