Never apologize for what you donate. Every bit helps!!

Getting close to the end folks little more than $400 to go.

Keep up the cash grind folks! Even though the yearly costs have been covered, we need that last $400 to reach the cost of the server repairs and upgrades to keep the B&C being awesome!

I challenge the power of the new wolves codex tomorrow with an pure ba brigade. Report follows.

Don't forget to shoot the choppy guys and chop the shooty guys!

Back after quite the hiatus - can someone explain the phenomena known as 'Captain Smash'? 

A Captain with relic Jump Pack, Thunderhammer, +1 damage on a weapon of your choice Warlord trait, Deathvisions of Sanguinius Stratagem and then if you need even more damage output you buff him further with +1d3 attacks, fighting twice and/or fighting after he died.

If I were to paint a silver chaplain, what would you recommend for the helmet?

If I were you i'd be looking at Stormcast eternal color guides, I have a feeling someone out there has done something similar with sigmarines. Or consult a color wheel

Well we had our battle today and i made alot of mistakes like charge the choppy with my dc in the first turn only to get nominated to charge last from the librarian with an relic.

Björn losed 2 Wounds then the dc got eaten.. The flyer lost 6 wounds to lascannons. and i killed some wulves and some thunderwolves with the inceptors from my deploymentzone.

In return he killed a quadgun and my captain which killed björn. in my turn i shot the flyer and 3 wulfen. i made the mistake and chargeed the wolfen and thunderwolfes and sacrificed tree troop units and my sanguard to them.  mephiston was killed as he got heroic intervented by his wolflord with 6 TH attacks. I managed to decimate his thunderwolves to two and vaporized the wolflord with laser and also killed the wulfen but at the end he had to much gamble and malstrompoints 14:20 so i called at the end of turn 5. 

Conclusion would i have smashed the soft targets with dc and stayed out of combat with the hard stuff i would have made the race as all his troops made the points.

2x Quadgun was golden and the inceptors shined realy good. Scouts did a lot of wounds with the bolter stratagem.

All in all the wolves got a fluffy codex which you wont see as an stand alone army on tournaments.

Pics from the battle.

https://imgur.com/a/IfyednV

Edited by Riot Earp

Nice Batrep, @Riot Earp. Would you mind putting that in the thread about “Defeating Space Wolves with BA?” I think you may be the first frater on here to face the new book.

In terms of making Pure (single Faction) armies viable, I would love them to take Keywords a step further and give secondary Chapter Tactics/equivalents if every model in your army has the same <Faction> keyword. That way you have a legit strategic tradeoff: shore up the inherent weaknesses of Your Dudes by taking allies, or going all-in on the unique dudeness of Your Dudes.

I.e.:

Iron Hands: “if every model in your army contains the <Iron Hands> keyword, then at the end of each Batteround, all units on the table roll a D6. On a roll of 5+ that unit gains 1 W back.”

Dark Angels: “if every model in your army contains the <Dark Angels> keyword, then all models with the following keywords receive the corresponding ability:

<Grim Resolve> count as not having moved if all models in the unit are wholly within 3” of an Objective marker or Relic

<Ravenwing> add 1 to their weapons’ AP value (so AP-1 would be AP-2 and so on...) in a turn in which they advanced or charged

<Deathwing> count as stationary for the purposes of Grim Resolve and Heavy Weapons

#spitballing

Not sure what a mono-Faction bonus for BA would be; add D6 to all charge rolls? So up to 18” charges? <shrug>

I agree, there needs to be something to entice players to stay mono-build, unless GW secretly ‘wants’ players to use soup lists...

I suspect they do. A souped detachment can so easily grow into a stand-alone army. My lone Imperial Knight is somehow well on the way to becoming a complete Knight army. :blush.:

Edited by Karhedronuk

They absolutely do, I’m not sure it’s much of a secret either. They are all about letting people play with all of their toys.

Similar to the above knights example, I am considering right now dropping a couple hundred on a Kreig battalion to use with my BA. If the rules didn’t allow this there is no chance I would spend that money.

I also want a knight...!

I mean I get it. That's the unfortunate direction the company has moved to. Gone are the days of 5th edition when everyone played mono-builds.

I dont want to have to buy and carry 4-5 books to play a game. I should also be able to take a single faction and stand a chance against soup lists. There needs to be a risk versus reward for that.

Oh look I'm playing 3 armies versus 1. But I still get all the relics, abilities, and stratagems for each of my three detachments. I'm going to bring two CP farmers and a Galiant Lance with Paragon Gauntlet because I have 20 CPs that I can equally distribute through our my army. Let's make both captains angry while we are at it.

Oh check it out, I'm in your deployment zone turn 1 with 15-30+ attacks and I'm going to get half the CPs I spend each turn back because I have an almost 50% chance. Oh look you spent a CP I get free CPs because Aquila! Now I'll Vader death grip your warlord!

Profanity your mono build. I win.

Tangent.

Apologies.

I get it, I do. But they need to fix those glaring problems. Be allowed to take allies, but not all the relics and stratagems for each army. Make it where you can only take the stratagems and relics from a single book at least? I dont know. If it isn't free CP farming its Riptide wings for everyone. /:

I hate playing against those lists. Because one it's hard to keep track in casual games, and two, I guess I will always salty. Lol.

Yea I like my idea (not to toot my own horn) because it rewards you for playing how you want. You’re not disadvantaged for playing 5+ Factions in a single army, but not are you disadvantaged for playing a single Faction. Either option has strengths and weaknesses.

Nice Batrep, @Riot Earp. Would you mind putting that in the thread about “Defeating Space Wolves with BA?” I think you may be the first frater on here to face the new book.

In terms of making Pure (single Faction) armies viable, I would love them to take Keywords a step further and give secondary Chapter Tactics/equivalents if every model in your army has the same <Faction> keyword. That way you have a legit strategic tradeoff: shore up the inherent weaknesses of Your Dudes by taking allies, or going all-in on the unique dudeness of Your Dudes.

I.e.:

Iron Hands: “if every model in your army contains the <Iron Hands> keyword, then at the end of each Batteround, all units on the table roll a D6. On a roll of 5+ that unit gains 1 W back.”

Dark Angels: “if every model in your army contains the <Dark Angels> keyword, then all models with the following keywords receive the corresponding ability:

<Grim Resolve> count as not having moved if all models in the unit are wholly within 3” of an Objective marker or Relic

<Ravenwing> add 1 to their weapons’ AP value (so AP-1 would be AP-2 and so on...) in a turn in which they advanced or charged

<Deathwing> count as stationary for the purposes of Grim Resolve and Heavy Weapons

#spitballing

Not sure what a mono-Faction bonus for BA would be; add D6 to all charge rolls? So up to 18” charges? <shrug>

i cant find the thread do you have a link?

found it was named a bit different so i did not find it in the search

Edited by Riot Earp

I mean I get it. That's the unfortunate direction the company has moved to. Gone are the days of 5th edition when everyone played mono-builds.

I dont want to have to buy and carry 4-5 books to play a game. I should also be able to take a single faction and stand a chance against soup lists. There needs to be a risk versus reward for that.

Oh look I'm playing 3 armies versus 1. But I still get all the relics, abilities, and stratagems for each of my three detachments. I'm going to bring two CP farmers and a Galiant Lance with Paragon Gauntlet because I have 20 CPs that I can equally distribute through our my army. Let's make both captains angry while we are at it.

Oh check it out, I'm in your deployment zone turn 1 with 15-30+ attacks and I'm going to get half the CPs I spend each turn back because I have an almost 50% chance. Oh look you spent a CP I get free CPs because Aquila! Now I'll Vader death grip your warlord!

Profanity your mono build. I win.

Tangent.

Apologies.

I get it, I do. But they need to fix those glaring problems. Be allowed to take allies, but not all the relics and stratagems for each army. Make it where you can only take the stratagems and relics from a single book at least? I dont know. If it isn't free CP farming its Riptide wings for everyone. /:

I hate playing against those lists. Because one it's hard to keep track in casual games, and two, I guess I will always salty. Lol.

Can't agree more.

Invest nothing and get all the benefit. 

There should be some kind of stipulation that in order to access certain units / strategems / relics one needs to invest a minimum of X points/powerlevel because the amount of cherry picking is just completely out of control.

for 180 pts, get a guard batallion with grand strategist / kurov's aquila? of course!

351pts for 3 hammer captains? no problem!

throw in a gallant and give it all the traits and relics to take down a warhound in 1 turn? 2 cp but whos counting? 

don't got enough obsec and don't want to use scouts? just spend 50 bucks for 3 dawneagle captains! 

On a unrelated note. Someone doubled up the "hellfire shell" strategem with the heavy bolter or rocket launcher (i forgot) and did the D3 mortal wound on my unit TWICE by using a devestator amorium cherub. Is that legal? 

Yes, that's perfectly legal and a recommended strategy.

On a unrelated note. Someone doubled up the "hellfire shell" strategem with the heavy bolter or rocket launcher (i forgot) and did the D3 mortal wound on my unit TWICE by using a devestator amorium cherub. Is that legal?

It's covered in the SM FAQ (which is more up to date than ours...)

As per above. Note that this can also be done with the Flakk missile for a potential 3D3 wounds on any models that can fly. 

<snip>

Can't agree more.

Invest nothing and get all the benefit. 

There should be some kind of stipulation that in order to access certain units / strategems / relics one needs to invest a minimum of X points/powerlevel because the amount of cherry picking is just completely out of control.

for 180 pts, get a guard batallion with grand strategist / kurov's aquila? of course!

351pts for 3 hammer captains? no problem!

throw in a gallant and give it all the traits and relics to take down a warhound in 1 turn? 2 cp but whos counting? 

don't got enough obsec and don't want to use scouts? just spend 50 bucks for 3 dawneagle captains! 

Yea it's a huge beef of mine.

"Nerf Blood Angels! They're too powerful!"

"...oh, you mean that one single unit that everybody includes in their list?"

It's not just us, and that's why to me soup is not mixed factions in a single detachment, but mixed armies in general. I want to be rewarded for playing either way.