Have we talked about a Furioso Dread with Frag Cannon and Heavy Flamer dropping down turn 2 from a Storm Raven with 3D6 auto hits followed by a charge?

Have we also e-mailed GW with Hope's of the Furioso gaining the death watch frag cannon profile and points reduction?

Having a pint and painting. What a lovely combination!

Anyone working on BA? I'm in the process of painting Mephiston conversion and a couple-o-Dreads.

Weve been *really* quiet lately.

Painting some ablative wounds (aka: Devastators with boltguns).

Jenkins: "Hey Sarge, what does this Order mean? It says I've been promoted to the rank of "Ablative?"

Sgt Blondie: "Oh yes, Pvt Jenkins. It's a high honor indeed...you get to hang out with the big guns!"

Jenkins: "Alright! Sweet! I'm going to do my chapter proud!"

Sgt Blondie <whispering to his adjutant>: "...yea, hanging out with the enemy's big guns!"

I built a bunch of Inceptors. Have a theory I want to test with them.

Working up the courage to finally finish painting my Sanguinary Guard.

Nah not overlooked. I just don't think it's how one should use a Fragionso. Too many eggs in one basket and such. ^^

Plus I gave up hoping on getting the awesome DW Fragcannon rules for our Furioso Dread. GW had the chance to do so twice with the Index and the Codex and then again a few times with release of the Erratas and the CA. It doesn't seem they want us to have it.

Nah not overlooked. I just don't think it's how one should use a Fragionso. Too many eggs in one basket and such. ^^

Plus I gave up hoping on getting the awesome DW Fragcannon rules for our Furioso Dread. GW had the chance to do so twice with the Index and the Codex and then again a few times with release of the Erratas and the CA. It doesn't seem they want us to have it.

Maybe we just need to ask about it. A storm raven is only like 145 points more than a Dread pod, has more resiliency and gives options. All the dread has to do is survive turn 1, and then it beta strikes down. It's 175 points. But with the option of 3d6 auto hits it should do some damage.

And re-roll one of them for another 1. God I'm so good at re-rolling important 1s with another 1. :facepalm:

Last night I played 1k BA's vs. my regular buddy's 1k Imperial Guard.

Brought 8 DC down turn 2, 9" away from a a Leman Russ, 4 armed with thunder hammers.  Used descent of angels stratagem: 4, 3, 1.   Rerolled the "1" using command reroll stratagem. Another "1".  DC got battle cannoned next round.  

DC dread dropped in from stormraven hit other Leman Russ. 5 attacks, with blood talons, rerolling failed hits and failed wounds.  (so, that's hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's, rerolling everything, for those who aren't paying attention.)  Failed to wound with meltagun going in. 3 wounds in close combat, one of which gets saved.

10 shots with stormstrike missiles over 5 rounds with stormraven, not a single one lands wounds.

So I was expecting to have 2 leman russes down on turn 2, and I ended up killing neither.  Tabled turn 4.

I'm not kidding you, I just about cried.  I've lost about 20 games in a row now of 40k. I'm about ready to give up, not exactly because I'm losing, but because the game is starting to become not fun.

And re-roll one of them for another 1. God I'm so good at re-rolling important 1s with another 1. :facepalm:

Brought 8 DC down turn 2, 9" away from a a Leman Russ, 4 armed with thunder hammers. Used descent of angels stratagem: 4, 3, 1. Rerolled the "1" using command reroll stratagem. Another "1". DC got battle cannoned next round.

DC dread dropped in from stormraven hit other Leman Russ. 5 attacks, with blood talons, rerolling failed hits and failed wounds. (so, that's hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's, rerolling everything, for those who aren't paying attention.) Failed to wound with meltagun going in. 3 wounds in close combat, one of which gets saved.

10 shots with stormstrike missiles over 5 rounds with stormraven, not a single one lands wounds.

So I was expecting to have 2 leman russes down on turn 2, and I ended up killing neither. Tabled turn 4.

I'm not kidding you, I just about cried. I've lost about 20 games in a row now of 40k. I'm about ready to give up, not exactly because I'm losing, but because the game is starting to become not fun.

Sounds like you need new dice.

Or paint your minis if they aren't.

We all have bad rolls.

Having a pint and painting. What a lovely combination!

Anyone working on BA? I'm in the process of painting Mephiston conversion and a couple-o-Dreads.

Weve been *really* quiet lately.

Painting some ablative wounds (aka: Devastators with boltguns).

Jenkins: "Hey Sarge, what does this Order mean? It says I've been promoted to the rank of "Ablative?"

Sgt Blondie: "Oh yes, Pvt Jenkins. It's a high honor indeed...you get to hang out with the big guns!"

Jenkins: "Alright! Sweet! I'm going to do my chapter proud!"

Sgt Blondie <whispering to his adjutant>: "...yea, hanging out with the enemy's big guns!"

My last devastator squad has a bolter wielder called "Brother Bullet Catcher". I modelled him with mk8 armour and a lot of battle honours.

The first version of the model had him catching the firing missile from the devastator boxed set.

Edited by Xenith

And re-roll one of them for another 1. God I'm so good at re-rolling important 1s with another 1. :facepalm:

Brought 8 DC down turn 2, 9" away from a a Leman Russ, 4 armed with thunder hammers.  Used descent of angels stratagem: 4, 3, 1.   Rerolled the "1" using command reroll stratagem. Another "1".  DC got battle cannoned next round.  

DC dread dropped in from stormraven hit other Leman Russ. 5 attacks, with blood talons, rerolling failed hits and failed wounds.  (so, that's hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's, rerolling everything, for those who aren't paying attention.)  Failed to wound with meltagun going in. 3 wounds in close combat, one of which gets saved.

So I was expecting to have 2 leman russes down on turn 2, and I ended up killing neither.  Tabled turn 4.

I'm not kidding you, I just about cried.  I've lost about 20 games in a row now of 40k. I'm about ready to give up, not exactly because I'm losing, but because the game is starting to become not fun.

That's tough dude. I feel your pain. 7th Ed was like that for me in a lot ways, and I had a bit of that in 8th.

I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum right now, going 13 games undefeated ("shhhh don't let my dice hear!")  <knock on wood>. I don't say that to brag, but to give you hope.

A couple thoughts:

-relying on THE charge or THE lascannon shot will statistically fail you. Build redundancies into your lists and tactics. Always remember that 1 dead enemy is better than 2 wounded enemies

-do what you know you can do and do it as well as you can. When you size up an opponent and mission, focus on the things you know you can influence and don't sweat over the rest. My last game I played was using the CA mission where you can't discard certain Objective cards. I got :censored: -ed with the cards early on and basically didn't score a point until Turn 4....then ended up winning 18-10. Rather than spreading all out to claim disparate Obj across the board, I consolidated, created overlapping fields of fire, and focused on survival above all else (and for BA survival is often killing the enemy). Only in the last few turns did I hit the afterburner to zoom around grabbing points.

-Starbust: a tactic I more and more rely on is essentially castleing up (as I play very mobile BA, this tends to more of a convoy then a castle) to apply maximum resiliency and killing powerin a localized spot, and then Turn 3, 4, 5+ "explode" my units outwards to tackle objectives or run down outliers. It's quite different then the "typical" way that most tournies/guides suggest you play BA (telling you UWoF Capt Smash at the enemy's big scary thing ASAP, etc...) but it has been working for me quite well. Ties in with my points above: focus on what you know you can achieve first and then build from there.

An example of  a "Starbust" Tactic is keeping Captain Smash with you guns to provide those re-rolls T1 or T2, then pushing out for that hammer kill T3. Every match is different, but stretching your capabilities and overlapping things like that to give yourself as much flexibility as possible.

Hidden Content

Alas I don't have photos, but in that last game I Buzzed the Tower* with my 2x Xiphons so that they were in the middle of the board within re-rolls of both my Capt and LT. I prioritized their targets so that anything they failed to kill (which turned out to be a lot) could then be followed up by Capt Smash + my Power Fist Sang Guard. Overlapping fields of "fire" (fists), being sure to kill enemies instead of just wounding them. The Xiphons ended up whiffing many of their shots so I had to send my punchers to finish them off which made the game far bloodier and longer then if my guns had fully completed their objectives.

*a tactic elaborated on elsewhere

Hope this helps.

Edited by Indefragable

-relying on THE charge or THE lascannon shot will statistically fail you. Build redundancies into your lists and tactics. Always remember that 1 dead enemy is better than 2 wounded enemies

This is particularly important. It's super logical and obvious and most who read this may think "well d'uh of course" but I noticed that many player who have a lose streak lost sight of such basic principles. If you actually manage to kill a model instead of just scratching two and do it again next turn and again next turn it quickly snowballs into a way smoother game for you.

Also just think about how it usually feels devastating when an opponent destroys one of your fancy units you planned to use for something in a turn but when you destroy one of their units it doesn't feel like a big deal?

That's your brain deceiving you because when your unit gets destroyed your plans you may have made unconciously or conciously just got destroyed and you have to re-think but when you destroy one of your opponents units it's just one less threat out of many but you don't associate any plans getting destroyed with it since you don't know them. ;)

Tough loss for BA today. Mortarion proved too strong this day. So many DR saves. So so many!

I feel your pain. DG have proved a consistently tough opponent for me. Their boosted survivability more than cancels our boosted killing power which leaves us in a very tricky place.

I've had the same issues with DG. I'm planning on adding some grav cannons to my army.

Same here. Was thinking to drop Grav-devastators with Mephiston as he already needs transportation.

Hah, yes I was thinking the same thing! I haven't come up with the rest of the group for a drop pod, and think it would be quite surprising for my opponent. 

Taking a small break from painting red. I'm working on my Emperor's Spears kill team. I'm really enjoying my first outing with battle damage also. Not sure I want to do it to my Carmine Blades, But I'll definitely keep it in my back pocket for when I get around to my all primaris BA army. :yes: