With forgeworld blood angels being a hot topic right now, got some questions about the quality of the kits if anyone buys often from there. My only experience with resin has been kinda bad and I'm avoiding it since then. Whats the chance of me buying the Crimson Paladins for example and one of the mini's in a bad condition? Do I have to have advance modeling skills to even bother with resin? I already know I dont like super glue cause I dont have room for corrections.

Got a 1500pts game with the Eldar Yesterday. They lived up to their "tricky xenos" reputation.

First of all it turned out this was a Harlequin army (I expected something less mobile and more psychic).

Second, I can't even tell what was the outcome of the game: it ended 13-13 on points earned, but my opponent had no units left by turn 6. So did I win? Mission description (Visions of Victory from CA) says, that to win, you need to have more points. So it would look like it was a draw after all. Although managing (finally) to kill them all was most satisfying. Man, those bikes are tough! :O

4++ and -1 to hit??? And with Haywire they simply slaughter Knights (I brought one Gallant for fun).

I should probably say I was lucky to pull off a draw against Harlequins, but I can't do that - their invuls were that annoying.

But all in all it was a good game. My list wasn't too optimized, and my opponent made some mistakes, so it kinda equaled. Plus the new CA missions are bringing some very interesting twists to the game.

Edited by Majkhel

Yeah that would be a draw then. ^^

We came up to the same conclusion. Still, according to that same scenario description, game lenght is decided by rolling a dice from turn 5 onward. So should we make a dice roll to check if there would be turn 7 even though one of us was no longer able to play? :D

Mind, he would still have influence on the game due to the way Tactical objectives are generated in this particular scenario.

Edited by Majkhel

Yeah that would be a draw then. ^^

We came up to the same conclusion. Still, according to that same scenario description, game lenght is decided by rolling a dice from turn 5 onward. So should we make a dice roll to check if there would be turn 7 even though one of us was no longer able to play? :biggrin.:

Mind, he would still have influence on the game due to the way Tactical objectives are generated in this particular scenario.

Yes, even if the enemy doesn't have any models left you keep playing the rounds until the dice tells you to stop. They adressed that in a FAQ already. It allows the player who was behind but tabled the opponent to catch up on points.

I feel like I can now at least show off something I have been doing. He's the first in a squad so he's a bit of a test mode. Goal is to finish the squad then use this to start my 30k Blood Angels. Biggest differences being that I am dry brushing the gradients which is something I've never really done. I also used black wash this time instead of my normal red wash. Messed up the decals because I forgot to put varnish on them before using my home made microset but I'm okay with it. Will do better on the rest of the squad.

gallery_40907_9492_769683.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_209070.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_49526.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_228977.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_506750.jpg

Edited by Spagunk

Looks dirty. I like it :)

Overall muted color pallete with nice contrasting Alatus Cadere. It's easy to imagine him on a Great Crusade.

I really like how the rear of the banner top looks like - coming from very dark blue-grey to almost pure white. Nicely done!

The model looks much better from a distance though. Perhaps it's because of that A-Tacs camo style background which already consists of lots of shades that look like they were drybrushed.

I will not comment Primaris-30K relationship though :P

Edited by Majkhel

The backdrop pattern was just a blown up image so it's slightly unintentional. I love how my models look with this backdrop in particular because it gives the a more orange hue to things.

I wanted to do at least a little reference to rogue trader since the initial Primaris would have some recollection of their parent legion. Just thought it would look interesting.

Edited by Spagunk

Nice idea but normal marine heads and accessories look pretty out of place on Primaris and this model only highlights that in my opinion; neither the aesthetic nor the scale works.

The scale of heads and accessories isn't any different between Primaris and regular Marines though.

... would appreciate it if we could also discuss non-Smash Captains too!

To be fair a Smash Captain is only a Smash Captain if you pump him full of CP. Even without that though I'd say a TH/SS is still the best loadout for almost every situation though.

I've typed up a nice post about the Captain and was almost done with it before my mouse screwed up and brought me back to the page before so I lost the whole thing. Kinda pissed about it now. Maybe I'll write something up later again but not right now.

Would recommend the section on IP violations in the forum rules.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334648-rules-of-the-bolter-chainsword/?do=findComment&comment=5185363

Unless you are referring a third party version of Dante (i.e not a recast of the actual model)?

Rather than resurrect the ETL thread... I finally got back to cleaning up a couple of extra bits on my DC from last ~June.
Death Company standard bearer below. The text - Mortuus Ergo Invictus is loosely 'Dead therefore invincible'.

med_gallery_64798_14778_519961.jpg

First time using decal sheets in the printer and... mistakes were made.

The process of decal->white paint->decal so that you can see the colours absolutely makes sense.

On the other hand, I should have realised that a black outline on a black background is effectively invisible.

Hence some rough touchups with paint afterwards.

Will take some pics under better light once it has had a matte varnish over the top.