Well, we're shutting down a lot of businesses here in Los Angeles temporarily so that means more painting time. Hope everyone is staying safe. Wanted to take the opportunity to share my first pictures of my Blood Angels since joining the B&C family.

These are really good Chronos! The weathering on the Baal is really good. I've seen your captain somewhere else on line and actually saved an image of it to take ideas from! I liked the small Terminator shield you used on his left shoulder. Hope you don't mind!

I followed your advices and I divided my bike squad's painting in two groups of 5 model. Really good idea thank you ! 

Today or tomorrow I hope  to start my first Adeptus Titanicus Warhounds and then come back on the last 5 bikers. 

I had a feeling this was going to happen as I read a few other newer style doors for other chapters went the same way, so I stocked up for a couple of future projects. Although I'm probably still short a couple of sets of what I'll need. The Rhino ones will probably go the same way before to long. It's pretty frustrating that we are losing chapter specific upgrades. I still miss the Legion torsos.

Gone too soon, "new" LR doors now OOP:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Land-Raider-Doors-2017

Unsurprising, these ones were ugly as hell compared to the old ones. I guess they were more IP friendly, though.

The moment I had hobby money set aside for the fancy doors they got DC'd. Sad DBH is sad...

I didn't like the newest sculpt by comparison to the old. Always on the look out for the old Grail doors though!

If only someone from a certain 3-D printing website would forge them! Oh well, we can dream at least!

Wanting to build a new captain. What should I do?

Phobos Captain and give him Quake Bolts. A buffing character who can seriously help your melee units at the same time by knocking down crucial targets.

Even with the high success rate of that happening, the regular weapon of the Phobos Captain is also pretty good and can target/seriously damage support characters. I’d be hesitant to switch it out for the Quake Bolts.

Phobos Captain and give him Quake Bolts. A buffing character who can seriously help your melee units at the same time by knocking down crucial targets.

Even with the high success rate of that happening, the regular weapon of the Phobos Captain is also pretty good and can target/seriously damage support characters. I’d be hesitant to switch it out for the Quake Bolts.

The wording on Quake Bolts is that a Character can choose to use them. If your melee troops don't need the help on a particular turn, he can fire his MCIBC at normal effect if you prefer. There really is not downside to the upgrade.

Anyone else a bit miffed the Space Wolves got a stratagem for eating people and 'making full use of the Omaphagaea', when we're literally the chapter that loves eating people and has an over active Omaphagaea?

I was hoping that we were past the whole 'Space Wolves get everything everone else gets, but better with no downsides' phase of 40k (since 2nd ed).

Edited by Xenith

Well, we're shutting down a lot of businesses here in Los Angeles temporarily so that means more painting time. Hope everyone is staying safe. Wanted to take the opportunity to share my first pictures of my Blood Angels since joining the B&C family.

These are really good Chronos! The weathering on the Baal is really good. I've seen your captain somewhere else on line and actually saved an image of it to take ideas from! I liked the small Terminator shield you used on his left shoulder. Hope you don't mind!

Thanks Brother! I really appreciate that. Please feel free to. I'm looking forward to checking out your version when it's done!

Anyone else a bit miffed the Space Wolves got a stratagem for eating people and 'making full use of the Omaphagaea', when we're literally the chapter that loves eating people and has an over active Omaphagaea?

I was hoping that we were past the whole 'Space Wolves get everything everone else gets, but better with no downsides' phase of 40k (since 2nd ed).

Mood.

Mood.

Yea the overlap between BA and SW can certainly get annoying. I am disappointed that they get Doctrines like everyone else: there was true potential to have them stand out by having an equivalent ability take a different form. But it seems they want to retcon Doctirnes into a thing for Astartes. 

imalos think here was a lot more potential for the SW to have some unique or different abilities that reflect their iconoclast status. Oh well. 

Actually I'm a bit worried that GW gave so many base attacks to Ragnar. I mean - why? What is the reason? Standard Primaris Captain has 5. Giving him 6 would be OK, but 7? It doesn't make sense really and breaks the uniformity that was being applied to the Marines range for no apparent reason. I don't mind the +3 for the Shock Assault instead of 1.

So now what will Logan Grimnar get? Or Dante?

Overall the SW rules so far are a bit 'meh', so perhaps I shouldn't rant about it, but it irks me, that GW messes with things again.

Also, about Quake Bolts - they do not restrict you in any way from using Phobos Captain's gun as its Assault 1, so you get only one shot anyway. And after a successful hit, the attack sequence continues. 

Edited by Majkhel

At least we got the better super doctrine (fishing for 6s is really meh) and we still have one of the most important things for a melee army on our side ... mobility. SW melee units aren't Jump Pack units and I doubt they'd get something handy like a 3d6 charge Stratagem and such. :P 

The wording on Quake Bolts is that a Character can choose to use them. If your melee troops don't need the help on a particular turn, he can fire his MCIBC at normal effect if you prefer. There really is not downside to the upgrade.

That’s fair! Quake Bolts and any melee unit with power fists is going to wreck face, so worth considering. You’ll only be using the relic 3 or 4 times though.

I like the idea of the relic, but to add a phobos captain just for that...

That’s fair! Quake Bolts and any melee unit with power fists is going to wreck face, so worth considering. You’ll only be using the relic 3 or 4 times though.

I like the idea of the relic, but to add a phobos captain just for that...

In terms of a Quake Bolts delivery platform, a Captain is the best as he hit's on 2s re-rolling 1s. The next closest would be a Techmarine, but he lacks the re-roll and ability to threaten things T1 (no JP option :( ).

Among Captains, a Phobos Captain has some additional advantages. With him, you are able to place T1 a 6W, +1 save (in cover), character that is only 6pts more expensive than a cheapest version of a firstborn Captain with similar abilities (JP for mobility, bolter, chainsword). But for those 6 points you get considerably better save, +1W, +1A (mitigated by the CS on a firstborn Cap) and an arguably better gun, which additionally works better with Quake Bolts, being able to target characters. Less mobility - true, but he can start as close to the enemy as you need him and still advance if needed (with our BA bonus) and get to shoot with his gun. 

@Majkhel

Yes, absolutely good and valid points. I usually have a core cadre of characters though which makes it hard for me to add in a Phobos Captain. I could try to switch my regular captain out for him, actually. :D

Now, trying to stop myself from buying more stuff before I painted everything else...:)

It's funny watching the Wolves complain they didn't get enough, then everyone else complain they got too much. Looking at what Wolves got... frankly, they didn't get much. I love that Stratagem, it's my favorite, but... no, Wolves got a bleh Doctrine and no Chapter Tactic upgrade, as of right now.

It's funny watching the Wolves complain they didn't get enough, then everyone else complain they got too much. Looking at what Wolves got... frankly, they didn't get much. I love that Stratagem, it's my favorite, but... no, Wolves got a bleh Doctrine and no Chapter Tactic upgrade, as of right now.

I’d be surprised if they didn’t get an upgraded chapter tactic, similar to us. Keep the +1 to hit on the charge and then some.

Otherwise, I think the wolves have had enough already that makes them unique, so they shouldn’t complain. Competitiveness aside, they basically handle themselves on the battlefield as described in the background, so most things can be fixed with points.

I suppose our whining helped to get us some of the BoB rules, so I understand why they keep lamenting some of the leaks.