Which is fine because otherwise they look too much like Fists. I mocked this scheme up about 3 years ago before I sprayed them red just to knock them out, now that I’ve gone back I discovered this Scythes of the Emperor scheme is really similar with black biceps and thighs as well.

Fine, so these are Lamenters successors or something :lol:

Tbh, they don't look that much like lamenters, any more than ultramarines look like crimson fists.

That scheme does look more like scythes though than lamenters. Maybe a single black arm as a penitence mark instead?

Not today but a few days ago...

Got a game in and won. Yay! I tried something a bit different as I normally have quite a high proportion of melee and deep strike units (often both DC and SG). This time I went for a pair of assault cannon Razorbacks with Devastators inside (one Grav Cannon squad, the other with Multi Meltas). I put one on each flank with an accompanying assault cannon + heavy bolter land speeder and squad of intercessors following behind on each side. That worked quite nicely with the firepower clearing a path and the troops advancing behind to secure the objectives.

Mephiston managed not to suffer perils of the warp for the first time pretty much ever and the Sanguinor one-shot Typhus in some warlord on warlord action.

All in all better balance allowed me greater board control, compared to packing in lots of thematic melee units and using the "charge everything!" approach.

Frankly, for me there are only Redemptor dreads and new backpacks that are pointing to Primaris being present on the artwork. The halos are obviously referring to the new releases, but they are also really matching the long-established looks of the blood Angels and their angelic appearance. Actually those match us and our character much more than they do other Chapters (speaking only in regards to the historical artworks).
Other than those 3 things, I see a depiction of Astartes with enough blood drops, chalices and halos, and wings (and red obviously), to be sure these are Blood Angels. 

Only models visible with any clarity are skullstick ancient, crusade chaplain, 3 bladeguard vets and bladeguard lieutenant. No sign of the judicar or assault intercessors, making me think this is half of a two page spread.

On the plus side, we now have company banners for the 6th (winged chalice on red chevron on yellow field) and 8th (Chapter icon over per bend sinister red over yellow).

We also see the winged sword icon I use for the 4th co on a white field, and also a re/white bend closer up, and what should be the 10th company banner (inverted winged sword over yellow stripe on red field) however with the 6th company double yellow blood drop.

All in all, a bit weird. I guess this shakes things up a bit.

All my knowledge and assumption comes from Ekfud. Check out the page,

Only models visible with any clarity are skullstick ancient, crusade chaplain, 3 bladeguard vets and bladeguard lieutenant. No sign of the judicar or assault intercessors, making me think this is half of a two page spread.

On the plus side, we now have company banners for the 6th (winged chalice on red chevron on yellow field) and 8th (Chapter icon over per bend sinister red over yellow).

We also see the winged sword icon I use for the 4th co on a white field, and also a re/white bend closer up, and what should be the 10th company banner (inverted winged sword over yellow stripe on red field) however with the 6th company double yellow blood drop.

All in all, a bit weird. I guess this shakes things up a bit.

All my knowledge and assumption comes from Ekfud. Check out the page,

Yeah those banners... They are too messed up for me :D

The one with the winged chalice, you point to be the 6th, is almost identical to what used to be the 2nd Company banner (it even has that little skull with crossed bones) apart from the field of course and missing green ribbons. It does seem to be a Company Banner due to having BLOOD ANGELS written on it. So far all shown Company Banners had this feature.

I'd say this is just an artistic license, although this picture might get some additional description in the upcoming release, so who really knows? Perhaps this is actually the 6th? 

Still this picture is a nice inspiration for designing BA banners :)

GW have released a picture of Assault Intercessors in their natural colour, red.

med_gallery_100576_16165_180384.jpeg

Two things:

1 - the paint job seems a bit dark for the traditional ‘eavy metal scheme.

2 - 18th squadron in the 2nd company? I didn’t think the main companies went above 10 squads.

New orthodox organization, combat squads can happen on their own and each battle company can have up to 20 squads.

GW have released a picture of Assault Intercessors in their natural colour, red.

*snip*

Two things:

2 - 18th squadron in the 2nd company? I didn’t think the main companies went above 10 squads.

New orthodox organization, combat squads can happen on their own and each battle company can have up to 20 squads.

So it’s just to cover off those that go down from 10 to 5 for combat squads? I hadn’t picked that up.

*snip*

Two things:

So it’s just to cover off those that go down from 10 to 5 for combat squads? I hadn’t picked that up.

Each Company can have 10-20 squads; each of those can be either half-size (3 in some cases, 5 in others) or full-size (6 in some cases, 10 in others).

From Codex: Space Marines, 8th Edition, v1, page 12, paragraph 1:

"Each of the ten companies of a Chapter boasts one hundred warriors, led by a Captain – a veteran of countless wars – and often two Lieutenants. A company is traditionally organised into ten squads of ten Space Marines, each led by a Sergeant. However, new guidelines in Guilliman’s updated Codex Astartes provide for up to twenty squads of five battle-brothers. Furthermore, recent precepts allow for each Battle Company to be reinforced with auxiliary warriors. These additional squads are reassigned from the Reserve Companies."

*snip*

Two things:

Each Company can have 10-20 squads; each of those can be either half-size (3 in some cases, 5 in others) or full-size (6 in some cases, 10 in others).

From Codex: Space Marines, 8th Edition, v1, page 12, paragraph 1:

"Each of the ten companies of a Chapter boasts one hundred warriors, led by a Captain – a veteran of countless wars – and often two Lieutenants. A company is traditionally organised into ten squads of ten Space Marines, each led by a Sergeant. However, new guidelines in Guilliman’s updated Codex Astartes provide for up to twenty squads of five battle-brothers. Furthermore, recent precepts allow for each Battle Company to be reinforced with auxiliary warriors. These additional squads are reassigned from the Reserve Companies."

Ahh that makes sense. I hadn’t seen the SM codex so there’s the gap in my knowledge. Thanks!

med_gallery_100576_16165_180384.jpeg

Two things:

looks like the army painter scheme rather than the eavy metal one.

He already quoted the relevant section. Reserve company squads are reserve company squads. It has nothing to do with the 11th-20th squads of a Battlecompany.

From Codex: Blood Angels, 8th Edition, page 14, paragraph 4:

"The company that forms the core of such a strike force can be reinforced by auxiliary squads drawn from the Reserve Companies. Such squads will often become the 11th Squad and upwards of that company for the duration of the strike force’s action."