Invictors are a model that despite their crunch abilities, I simply cannot live with myself for using them due to their looks. 

The war suits? Totally agree, don't think I could ever build one due to that model. The exposed pilot and that ridiculous giant robot pistol, ugh.

Maybe I'll attempt a kit bash some day with more dread parts.

Invictors are a model that despite their crunch abilities, I simply cannot live with myself for using them due to their looks. 

The war suits? Totally agree, don't think I could ever build one due to that model. The exposed pilot and that ridiculous giant robot pistol, ugh.

Use a Redemptor body and Invictor limbs, it should line up okay and look like a faster, lighter, stripped-down Redemptor Dreadnought.

Use a Redemptor body and Invictor limbs, it should line up okay and look like a faster, lighter, stripped-down Redemptor Dreadnought.

It's always yet another project to do, but I don't care enough to do this one. I find the concept a little ridiculous as well, even for 40k, and the crunch doesn't do enough for me to do it.

But that's just my tastes. 

@Mortarion made an excellent Flesh Tearer conversion swapping the fist for a circlar saw and mounting the heavy bolter on the wrist. More sensible. 

Edited by Xenith

Good plan. To save cash, I wonder if the Easi-build Redemptor would make an adequate donor?

Good plan. To save cash, I wonder if the Easi-build Redemptor would make an adequate donor?

That still involves buying 2 dreads to make one.

Any chance a cut-down spare sarcophagus from the three we get in the furioso kit could be mashed into the pilot compartment in the Invictor?

EDIT: The Stormhawk Interceptor armoured canopy might make a cool jury-rigged pilot compartment for the invictor. 

Edited by Xenith

EDIT: The Stormhawk Interceptor armoured canopy might make a cool jury-rigged pilot compartment for the invictor. 

Shapeways offers some alternatives. More than bits from eBay but less than a cost of a spare Redemptor.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=War-Suit+Headpiece

They beat me to it. Look ace though. Like a Battletech mech.

710x528_29091987_15614538_1569262787.jpg

I have a question, Im thinking of building a devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters and I'm looking for different models. So far I have one from the devastator box, one from sternguard and one from the BA tacticals. Any ideas where to find a 4th unique one?

I have a question, Im thinking of building a devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters and I'm looking for different models. So far I have one from the devastator box, one from sternguard and one from the BA tacticals. Any ideas where to find a 4th unique one?

I love this set from forgeworld. Got a Heavy Bolter in that.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Heavy-Weapons-Set

There's also the one from the finecast vet. sprue that I can't seem to find online anymore. The one that has combi weapons, dual claws and stuff.

So I want to pick up Eliminators some time soon, and as far as I know, the Codex does recommend the use of camouflage and repainting the armour when necessary. I mean cmon, you can wear a fancy cloak all you want, but if your armour is red you're gona be spotted a mile away.
I heard that some Chapters, like Imperial Fists, shun the use of camo. Blood Angels are not the biggest fans of sneaking and hiding either, but needs must. What I'm looking for are any mentions of BA repainting their armour in the novels/codices/etc.

Edited by Klod

Yeah the Codex Astartes recommends repainting the armour to fit in the environment just like the T'au do. Also recommends changing heraldry etc. to confuse your enemies.

Blood Angels are mainly about the shock&awe but that doesn't mean we aren't using more sneaky approaches at times too though.

Outside the use of camo cloaks it's rare tbh. The desert camo armour pattern the Salamanders used (image from the Rogue Trader era) and a BA Thunderhawk which had a light grey lower hull to aid concealment when landing (Imperial Armour volume II second edition: Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes, page 126) are two examples in the literature. Edited by Jolemai

When I get around to doing my devastators I'm gonna use two from the BA tactical squad, two from the devastator squad, two heavy flamers from the BA tactical squad and two from the sternguard squad. Then I'll just do four each of the other weapons from the devastator box. I'm going to magnetize the legs to the torso, which will have the heavy weapon arms permanently attached, and then magnetize the heads to the torsos.