No. The chaplain is very plain regarding chapter imagery and has generic chaplain iconography. Got one myself and nothing is really specifically BA about it.

Some images to help you out:

gallery_40907_9492_769607.jpgmed_gallery_40907_9492_308731.jpg

to me it looks like there is a winged blood drop on the leg and another one on top of his head. But then again, more like a bead that a drop.

Man, I still regret not buying last years exclusive terminator chaplain. I scoured the internet today and found nothing. Now Im looking for alternatives.

I really liked that kit, I ended up picking up three when they were made to order that I've used for an Interrogator-Chaplain for my 40k Dark Angels, then a Firewing Interrogator-Chaplain consul for my 30k DA and a Chaplain consul for my 30k WB.

to me it looks like there is a winged blood drop on the leg and another one on top of his head. But then again, more like a bead that a drop.

It's kind of a jewelled bead for the most part. Kind of like:

99800101082_LibrarianForceAxePlasmaPisto

or these:

99810101073_MastersoftheChapterNEW01.jpg

Which aren't very BA specific but definitely along the same lines.

I think this particular Chaplain appeared first in the GW Catalogue 2006 and already had that white shoulder pad. Which might suggest he was initially painted as a White Scar? But he was always called simply "Terminator Chaplain" and his iconography is indeed really generic. The closest thing we might find on him, that resembles a blood drop in any way is the sternum on that little winged skeleton on his right shoulder pad. All gems on him are either round or oval.

Edited by Majkhel

I don't care who says what, that Chaplain is a Blood Angel.

In other news, I was ecstatic to see that the new Helbrecht model was also sculpted as a homage to his magnificent 3E art.  That got me thinking, if Dante were to cross the Rubicon, what would his new model be like?  Is there a nice, kickass art of him in older Codices that could be the inspiration?

Unfortunately I do not have anything prior to 3E (well I do have the 2E Sisters of Battle Codex but you know..) so I flipped to everything else I had, and this thing from the 3E Codex is the best I could find:

og_og_1489944960266618393.jpg

Of course the question is when will we actually see Primaris jumppack troops that don't look like absolute horse:cuss (I'm looking at you inceptors..) 

Edited by appiah5

No offense but that art looks like a Stormcast eternal with a jumppack strapped onto his back.  I'm glad they are drawing inspiration from older stuff with these figures, and I hope they keep going that route..

still a better pose than his other official art.

This art for his armour (from a christmas calendar piece ADB wrote IIRC) is a nice inspiration for the actual armour design (though personally I don't think the cover for the dante novel looks any more like a stormcast than well... dante does in general, I can totally get behind them maintaining a more defined muscle look to the armour than it has)

1db0a2ef80273052cd769e63f15fa614.jpg

one of my favourite pieces of fan art though:

l-j-koh-dante-final-for-artstation.jpg?1

Edited by Blindhamster

So, finally got a game in (first game in 2021) and it was a 25pl per side vs space wolves. I took my crusade units for their first run out with a sang priest, 4 sang guard, 5 assault intercessors and 5 infiltrators vs a non-crusade list of ragnar, 5 hounds of morkai, 5 intercessors with ABR, 5 assault intercessors and a pack of fenrisian wolves led by a cyber wolf.

Turn 1 he went first, advancing and a few non-even shots here and there. My turn 1 the priest activated his chalice to put the sang guard into assault doctrine, who promptly charged his hounds morkai and assault intercessors along with the priest. Ragnar was just within intervention range unfortunately. My assault intercessors shot at and charged his wolves, trying to get to the abr intercessors they were screening.

Sang guard split their attacks 2 into the hounds, 1 into the assault intercessors and 1 tried to slap ragnar before he could fight. 4 wounds on ragnar, 5 dead hounds and 3 dead assault intercessors later, ragnar swung back and just managed to wipe the squad (the fnp from the priest only saved 2 wounds all game).

My assault intercessors took down the remaining wolves and engaged his abr intercessors to prevent him shooting, then charging me next turn.

His turn 2 saw a synchronised warlord kill as my priest used honour of the chapter to take ragnar down with him and the intercessors began their 3 turn slap fight.

Turn 3, his remaining 2 assault intercessors charged into my infiltrators, each unit losing 1 casualty while my assault intercessors and his abr intercessors continued cutting down 1 on each side.

His turn 4 my assault intercessors Sgt finally leveraged his power fist to wipe his abr intercessor Sgt out and my 4 remaining infiltrators took down his wounded assault intercessor sergeant.

Final score 45-37 loss to the angels, but there were no wolves left standing and the priest had managed to secure valuable genetic samples from ragnar for further analysis.

Congratualtions on your game, Leonaides!

About Dante, I would like to see a slightly different approach to the pose of a new mini - the one that would reflect Sanguinius.
For me it would be really nice to see a variation of a Sanguinius' FW sculpt pose.
Alternatively, a mirror of the pose Sanguinus has on the cover of "The Lost and the Damned"

RfYMFqvMR2C4JA9e.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

The sanguinius style pose would be cool too for sure. But yeah I think if anything, especially with his in-lore role changes, a more regal/commander pose would be important.

Not sure about these changes, did Dante not fight on the frontlines during Shield of Baal AND Devastation of Baal?

The sanguinius style pose would be cool too for sure. But yeah I think if anything, especially with his in-lore role changes, a more regal/commander pose would be important.

Not sure about these changes, did Dante not fight on the frontlines during Shield of Baal AND Devastation of Baal?

Post Devastation of Baal...

He has wounds that aren't healing, yes he's a lead from the front guy (though thats as much because of the inspiration it creates as anything else), but he's also been forced into a statesman role he's not really had to manage before. During events in Darkness in the Blood in particular you see this. His role as regent of imperium nihilus has changed his responsibilities dramatically even compared to what most chapter masters are expected to deal with, and yeah on top of that, the wounds he suffered at the blades of the swarmlord are outright stated to not be healing, he's actually noted as slower than he was prior to the injuries.

Now, obviously if he becomes a primaris marine (a given if he gets a new model I suppose), I guess the wounds will heal finally, it's already been used as a plot device for why HE wants to cross the rubicon, despite his command staff telling him no because he's too important. But his changed role within both his chapter and the imperium may also get acknowledged in any new miniature he gets.

Edited by Blindhamster