I've got 5 different gold paints and none of them are retributor...

how does it look when put next to Auric Armor? It's the primary gold used in the rest of the army (except for my SG, those are Liberator).

trying to motivate myself to get back to the building & painting grind. Its been months since I did anything and I still have another 5 jump intercessors, 5 terminators, 10 scouts, 5 desolation marines and 5 heavy intercessors to do... (not to mention some characters). I got into lego building earlier this year and made a bunch of cool medieval stuff (including the D&D set) which has been a fun distraction from my other hobbies. But Definitely wanting to get back into it. My eldest kinda slowed down on the tyranid building which I think is part of it - i was enjoying the shared hobby time.

On 6/14/2024 at 6:13 PM, Jolemai said:

Summer painting event is live folks:

We're part of the Adeptus Astartes category for this should you wish to paint any BAs for the next few months :thumbsup:

Should be entering as soon as I can take a starting photo. No Thunderhawk this year though; I'm still tired from doing it last year :sweat:

Anyone else from BA land fancying it?

5 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Should be entering as soon as I can take a starting photo. No Thunderhawk this year though; I'm still tired from doing it last year :sweat:

Anyone else from BA land fancying it?

I did my Bladeguard last year for one of the Call events, this year I might do some Guard.  Haven't decided yet; my BA haven't come off the shelf this year yet, as last year they were just oh so disappointing.

It's a painting event where you can do multiple Factions, so whatever floats your Land Speeder :thumbsup:

As for BA, ymmv but we're in a better place currently with SoS even though it leans into certain builds. That could all change with the upcoming balance update...