I try to recreate the list from my memories:

-2x Land Raiders filled with a blade champion and 6 Custodes or Wardens each. 

-2x 2 Allarus Terminators

-Valoris + 6 Custodes

-callidus

-silent sisters with swords

-another 6 custodes

Basically he parked a land raider on each flank objective. Squad of terminators came along too. Valoris came down the middle. Other Custodes squad took cover in some ruins. Due to LoS and average to bad rolls I only managed to get one Raider down to 1 wound. Killed some guys too, but nothing exiting. In his 2nd turn the blade champions and pals disembarked. He used their once per game rule to advance and charge and suddenly I had Custodes all over my place. He also managed some other long charges plus his Raiders and small arms fire did some work and my army was basically done. 

32 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Yeah I can't imagine why he would think that our melee would be difficult. 

Agreed, the Aggressor bomb with the combo of Sustained and Lethal Hits on a 5+ seems like being better suited to forcing damage through on Custodes than our melee. I am not saying Marines cannot stand against Custodes with a decent list and a bit of luck, but I don't see much that makes BAs a particularly good counter for them.

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Agreed, the Aggressor bomb with the combo of Sustained and Lethal Hits on a 5+ seems like being better suited to forcing damage through on Custodes than our melee. I am not saying Marines cannot stand against Custodes with a decent list and a bit of luck, but I don't see much that makes BAs a particularly good counter for them.

Like, we're defintiely a melee concern, but I think Custodes Melee is just in general the top dog.  So there's some merit to the idea of "Well I'm used to being uncontested in this area" and how any sort of threat to that is worth "worrying" about, but I still think we're a little less good at melee than Custodes will be, and they have to do very little purposeful building for that melee to be good, whereas we definitely need to build around the idea of melee.

9 hours ago, The Unseen said:

I like that blue effect on the hourglass man.

Thanks, I was just messing about really as I didn't have a plan but it turned out really well. I drybrushed Lothern Blue and then Corax White straight over the black basecoat the shaded it with a glaze of Drakenhof Nightshade. Lastly I added white dots to represent sparkles on a smooth surface,

Is it sacrilege to bust up my old Tac squads and Death Company kits to harvest the shoulder pads and helmets for future Primaris kits?  I know we aren't gonna have anywhere near the same level of accoutrement with the upcoming releases, and finding boxes of the old stuff can be difficult for a rational price.

And I haven't finished painting any of those older models, just some base coats. And I haven't put a tac squad on the battlefield in a looooong time.

It just sorta feels wrong. And then what do I do with all the cool bodies and legs? What a conundrum. 

2 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Is it sacrilege to bust up my old Tac squads and Death Company kits to harvest the shoulder pads and helmets for future Primaris kits?  I know we aren't gonna have anywhere near the same level of accoutrement with the upcoming releases, and finding boxes of the old stuff can be difficult for a rational price.

And I haven't finished painting any of those older models, just some base coats. And I haven't put a tac squad on the battlefield in a looooong time.

It just sorta feels wrong. And then what do I do with all the cool bodies and legs? What a conundrum. 

Do you want me to answer that? :teehee:

3 hours ago, Father Mapple said:

I don't know if the shoulder pads from older kits will fit on the primaris shoulders too well.

Almost all of my primaris Marines currently have shoulders and heads from 1st born kits. Like, 98% feature one bit or bob from a 1stborn kit in some way, mostly a helmet or shoulder pad but also some weapons. They don't look too out of place most of the time tho older chainswords do look a bit dinky next to current chainswords, as do a lot of pistols.

But encarmine swords look real good on bladeguard.

None of my 1stborn kits are even close to painted, mostly just a few base coated red and maybe a wash. But there's a lot of great plastic wrapped up in a bunch of models that are just sitting in the bottom of storage that could be used on models I'm putting on the table so it's a real consideration.

If I could buy BA tactical squads for a rational price I wouldn't even be considering it but they're an arm and a leg now a days.

March was the first month in over 2 years that I didn't successfully finish a painting project... going out of town for two weeks for work on short notice really sucked...

Here's the current progress on my firstborn 'BladeGuard.'  I'm hoping to have them done by the RTT this saturday!

IMG_9551.jpeg

Edited by Paladin777

While I don't do much in the way of the hobby anymore. I have been collecting the JoyToy Blood Angels, and finally got around to unpacking them after the move:

I, uh, did not realize that I had the full line of them thus far...I'm doomed if they start doing Heresy era BAs. *laughs*

Sanguinaryshelfv2.thumb.jpg.f48cbbea225dec2a26a424ede0cc7737.jpg

Edited by Reldn