On 4/5/2024 at 7:56 AM, Xenith said:

6" scale kill team?

That would be cool. I was also thinking of large scale Space Hulk. That could be rather difficult, though.

Edited by Reldn

Did anyone order any of the Heresy Blood Angel bits that went for pre order today? I got a few sets to make Angel's Tears with Assault Cannons. Wish we could have purchased the Assault cannons in sets of 5. It also gives me the last bits I need to make a Legion Moritat with inferno pistols.

99853001722_THHBaalPredatorUpgrades2.jpg

99853001721_THHArmouryOfTheBloodAngels01-1.jpg

Edited by Mostwanted

19 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

Are they going to fit on 28 mm scale models, or just the current 32 mm ones? That's my main concern.

I hope so, lol. I've got some legion mk vi marines I'm working on and I put the bolter arms with the bolter fixed, on to the Angel's Tears bodies and they seemed to fit.

The only thing will be the armour on the arms will look different to the normal Angel's Tears arms.

just couldnt help yourself could you :D

in seriousness, I'd love for GW to release some blood drops that are sized appropriately for knee pads though, and maybe shin plates too (with some sort of nice BA style design thats more than just a blood drop)

On 4/13/2024 at 1:07 PM, Mostwanted said:

Did anyone order any of the Heresy Blood Angel bits that went for pre order today? I got a few sets to make Angel's Tears with Assault Cannons. Wish we could have purchased the Assault cannons in sets of 5. It also gives me the last bits I need to make a Legion Moritat with inferno pistols.

99853001722_THHBaalPredatorUpgrades2.jpg

99853001721_THHArmouryOfTheBloodAngels01-1.jpg

I tried multiple times this weekend to order these and every time the page got stuck in the "delivery" page as a blank page. So I could not order anything at all.

Well don't worry, they're already out of stock, at least the weapons.

The predator assault cannon (for an absurd $25 price) is still available, I wonder why?

17 hours ago, The Unseen said:

Well don't worry, they're already out of stock, at least the weapons.

The predator assault cannon (for an absurd $25 price) is still available, I wonder why?

I wish they did the assault cannon side sponsons to go with them, would have made the kit a bit more worthwhile. I do like that pintle assault cannon though.

The color saturation is from my phone's camera. I am not well versed in manually adjusting camera settings so it kinda grabbed something in the image and jammed up the color balance somehow. However the alternative was that it made a lot of things super yellow which was also undesirable.

One of these days I should take a course on how to use cameras so I can adjust my phone's settings.

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm dipping my toes into 3d modelling, what with the new printer and all, and made up some BA blinged up versions of a revolver model made by RGandAll on Cults. I think the original original model is from the video game destiny, but I'm not exactly sure. I just got ride of the rather extraneous spikes, but kept the bayonet, and added winged blood drops and the like.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/crimson-pistols-for-civil-war-marines

I've got a couple of questions for any of you 30k players about the Angel's Tears unit.

I don't play (currently), I just collect and paint. I'm starting to work on a squad of Angel's Tears with the Iliastus Assault Cannons that have just come out from the resin upgrade pack.

The rules in the Liber Astartes book say they come with two Volkite Serpenta and that any model can exchange one of it's Volkite Serpenta for the Assault Cannon. So in theory it's still armed with one of the Volkite weapons. How do you model this as both hands are taken up by the Assault Cannon?

It also says that each model is armed with a chainsword, but these aren't part of the kit and don't come on the models. Do any of you model these onto the model to get WYSIWYG?

It then gets a little more complicated when it comes to the Arch-Erelim options. He can change his Chainsword for other options such as Thunder Hammer/Power Fist/Power weapon. How would you model him with a power fist, the Assault Cannon and a Volkite Serpenta?

Also with the Arch-Erelim, as he's got the Character Sub-type rule, he can change his power weapon (if you've swapped his chainsword for a power weapon) to a Perdition Weapon. In the new resin upgrades, all the Perdition weapons are modeled double handed except for the mace. So again it seems almost impossible to make the model WYSIWYG.

I want to make the Arch-Erlim stand out a bit more than the regular Erlim and take advantage of some of the options he's able to take, but don't really know how to go about it.

On 4/28/2024 at 4:50 AM, Mostwanted said:

I've got a couple of questions for any of you 30k players about the Angel's Tears unit.

I don't play (currently), I just collect and paint. I'm starting to work on a squad of Angel's Tears with the Iliastus Assault Cannons that have just come out from the resin upgrade pack.

The rules in the Liber Astartes book say they come with two Volkite Serpenta and that any model can exchange one of it's Volkite Serpenta for the Assault Cannon. So in theory it's still armed with one of the Volkite weapons. How do you model this as both hands are taken up by the Assault Cannon?

It also says that each model is armed with a chainsword, but these aren't part of the kit and don't come on the models. Do any of you model these onto the model to get WYSIWYG?

It then gets a little more complicated when it comes to the Arch-Erelim options. He can change his Chainsword for other options such as Thunder Hammer/Power Fist/Power weapon. How would you model him with a power fist, the Assault Cannon and a Volkite Serpenta?

Also with the Arch-Erelim, as he's got the Character Sub-type rule, he can change his power weapon (if you've swapped his chainsword for a power weapon) to a Perdition Weapon. In the new resin upgrades, all the Perdition weapons are modeled double handed except for the mace. So again it seems almost impossible to make the model WYSIWYG.

I want to make the Arch-Erlim stand out a bit more than the regular Erlim and take advantage of some of the options he's able to take, but don't really know how to go about it.

Pistol pouches is how I do their holstered volkite. Also I use the plastic chainswords from the old mk4/3 plastic kits. You can also get something useable from the Despoiler resin kits as they come with separate swords and hands at the moment. Resin Destroyer kit has un-occupied holsters which can, with a bit of hobby elbow grease, be used to hold a volkite.

image.png.d7ec8ef5108fa1444ab5e59e77d94341.png

That said I doubt anyone is going to worry about you modeling the pistol and sword when they're carrying around the assault cannon. Since they're an assault weapon type you're probably going to be using them and not the pistol.

For the Arch Erlim, anything I wanted to use as a perdition weapon one handed, I ended up using from the Sanguinary guard kit: Either the Axe or the Sword.
image.png.f59db4e8c91fc3ab06e38892c41b905e.pngimage.png.3efa48c95026a90f61a279404137299f.png

Edited by Spagunk