1750 Alpha Legion

Fair Winds

Hello all. I've been putting together an Alpha Legion list and could use some feedback. General strategy is to hope for the first turn, infiltrate the 14-man squad forward with Dynat and hope to be in range for a BS5 (thanks to Cognus Signum) Fury of the Legion attack. The other two tactical squads will hold or move towards objectives and try their best to look innocent. The Havoc Support Squad infiltrates to get a side or rear armor shot on the enemy, blowing a tank or degrading enemy cover. Contemptors deploy in my deployment zone and try to zap things with their lascannons. Finally, the Lernaeans deep strike in and the sabateur outflanks, hopefully killing an enemy vehicle in the process. If possible, the sabateur will outflank onto the enemy side in order to benefit from Dynat's +1 to the damage table.

Potential problems I see are a lack of a dedicated, hard-hitting assault unit and virtually no mobility. I'm hoping Lernaeans will help address some of the first problem and infiltrating will address the second. 

Rite: Coils of the Hydra

HQ

Dynat

Sabateur - Power Dagger, Combi-Melta, Jump Pack, Cameleoline, Meltabombs

Elites

Lerneans (5) - Chainfist, Heavy FLamer

Contemptor Mortis Talon (2) - TL Lascannon x2

Havoc Squad (7) - Missile Launcher x6

Troops

Tac Squad (14) - Power Fist, Artificer Armor, Vexilia

Tac Squad (10) - Power Fist, Vexilia

Tac Squad (10) - Power Sword, Vexilia

On my phone will edit this with other points when I get to my PC:

You cannot take a contemptor mortis talon. They each take up one elites slot. So unless you have four of them, the list is illegal.

On my phone will edit this with other points when I get to my PC:

You cannot take a contemptor mortis talon. They each take up one elites slot. So unless you have four of them, the list is illegal.

Ah, did not know that, thanks! If I'm reading the HH rules correctly, a legion list gets 4 elites slots, so I suppose I could just run them as two separate units with this list and be okay.

It only gets 4 at 1750+ so you're right at the cutoff point. Hopefully no one will try to lawyer it that only if you have MORE than 1750 do you get access an at 1750 flush or less, you dont.

It only gets 4 at 1750+ so you're right at the cutoff point. Hopefully no one will try to lawyer it that only if you have MORE than 1750 do you get access an at 1750 flush or less, you dont.

Good to know, thanks. Luckily my only opponent is pretty cool so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll definitely need to have a backup plan in the future if I find a good place for pickup games.

Very much so. They cant take up more than 25% of your list points wise so thats something to consider. Also youd need to cut 100 points from the list you have now then bump the limit to 2k to fit Alpharius in. At that point, you have so little threat-wise beyond your primarch that your opponent will just either: ignore him and kill everything else you've got or outright kill him.

I dont remember what alpharius costs but i know that no primarch costs less than 350 points

Archived