Potential White Dwarf BA Release Idea?

Jolemai

During the release of Codex Orks White Dwarf published the rules for Looted Vehicles. As they don't have a specific model, they didn't appear in the Codex (result of the Chapterhouse Studios lawsuit) but following complaints from the player base, they appeared in White Dwarf with the official line being that not only did they listen to to player base but also, because they plan to release White Dwarf exclusive rules in the future.

This got the player base excited over rules for the Wulfen, Doomrider, etc, but what about us? Well, we have two characters that have fallen by the wayside that never had models: Veteran Sergeant Cleutin and Moriar the Chosen.

Veteran Sergeant Cleutin, Guardian of the Shroud of Sanguinius

Said to have been Dante's Scout sergeant he was the oldest non-dreadnought/heretic Space Marine. His stats were WS 5, BS 5, STR 5, TGN 5, W 2, I 5, LD 9 to represent his experience and he cost three points less than Corbulo (he wargear, the Shroud of Sanguinius, cost 50 points!). Other than that, he was simply like a Veteran Sergeant.

The Shroud of Sanguinius did the following: It could be deactivated at the start of any BA turn. By doing so all models except Cleutin within 12" would be affected by Frenzy (+1 A, immune to Psychology).

If the rules were released today, I would have it as the following:

• One Veteran Sergeant per army may be upgraded with the Shroud of Sanguinius for 20 points. It may be used once per game at the start of any fight sub phase and all models with Faction: Blood Angels within 6" would receive +1 ATK for that turn.

So, more likely to be a relic I guess.

Moriar the Chosen, Death Company Furioso Dreadnought

Morleo Moriar was a former Captain who was interred inside a Furioso Dreadnought. During this time, he fell to Black Rage and became a Death Company Dreadnought. Moriar has two (what are now called) Blood Fists (with built in Melta Gun and Heavy Flamer) and could make a Tear Attack for armour penetration (2D6 + STR) and he had an extra D6 to his attacks in assault (so D6 + base attacks + any charge bonus). He also had things which have made it through to the current DC Dreadnoughts so as what is now called "None Shall Stay My Wrath".

If the rules were released today, I would have it as the following:

Moriar the Chosen would be an upgrade for one Death Company Dreadnought per Blood Angels army for 30 points.

• Front AV would be increased to 13
  • WS would be increased to 6
  • Attack characteristic would be D3 + 3(4)
  • Weapons would be two Blood Fists with Melta Gun, Heavy Flamer and would retain the option for having a Magna Grapple

(I would like the model to have Armourbane if both Fists are still operational to represent the old Tear Attack, but that's only because I feel dual Fists are pretty bland. To be honest, it probably would make the model overpowered).

What are your thoughts on these?

They're not really the same situation, are they? They never sold models for them, and if anyone converted them they work perfectly well as a standard Sergeant and Death Company Dreadnought. They don't need special rules. It's not like looted vehicles, where for years they encouraged people to buy tanks that they suddenly had no rules for.

All furiosos had the tear attack in 3rd ed, and they have lost them now, so I'd remove that.

Moriar would be a death company furioso.

i.e. An 13/12/12 dread with WS5 and all the death co dread rules. Possibly chuck in the 'Venerable' rule too.

Sexy.

Archived