Space Wolf - Imperial Guard Army

vet squads are individual squads, not part of a platoon. if your taking a platoon then at elast 2 of those squads need to be normal inf not vets.

I would also put either a spec and/or heavy wep in each inf squad so they can do something.

Give the ccs a vox caster at least, otherwise its pointless having voxs in  the inf squads

the pask I would give to a punisher not a standard russ. OR a demolisher to accomany the other demo you have. Also pask is 65 in total, as you ahve to pay for the tank commander and then pask upgrade (him and his firend are also a hq choice at that point)

I'm a little confused by your list layout. Do you have a platoon command squad Guardsman equipped with a medi-kit and heavy flamer? You can only have one upgrade per trooper, so the squad has room for one HWT and two upgrades. The list could do with a bit of a reformat to make it clearer and easier to read so we know who is equipped with what. For example:

Veteran Squad (10 men)

- vox caster

- autocannon HWT

Chimera

Sorry about that, I'll keep it neater in the future

HQ

Krom Dragongaze

135pts

Tank Commander Pask

70pts

Command Squad 

-vox caster 

65pts

Psyker:

Njal Stormcaller lvl 3

180pts

Infantry (SW)

1x Pack BC (9)

-plasma pistol

-powerfist

-one wolf guard leader w/ thunder hammer and storm shield

203pts

1x Pack BC (8)

-plasma pistol

-powerfist

-one wolf guard leader w/ thunder hammer and boltgun

191pts

1x Pack GH (10)  

-2x flamers  

-8 boltguns

214pts

5x WGT

-2x chainfist

-powerfist 

-wolf claw

-frost sword

-assault cannon

-4x storm bolters 250pts

Infantry (IG)

Platoon Command Squad (115)

Platoon Commander (Standard layout)

Guardsman

-Heavy Flamer

Guardsman

-Vox Caster

-Lasgun

HWT

-autocannon

(55pts)

Infantry Squad 1 (8 man)

-Vox caster

HWT (2 man)

-Autocannon 

65pts

Infantry Squad 2 (8 man)

-Vox caster

HWT (2 man)

-Autocannon 

65pts

Infantry Squad 3 (8 man) 

Vox caster

HWT (2 man)

-Autocannon 

65pts

1x Heavy Weapons Squad

-Autocannon

-2x lascannon

95pts 

Fast Attack (SW)

2 pack of 3 TWC

1st Pack:

-3x storm shields

-thunder hammer

-2x chain sword

195pts 

2nd Pack

-3x Storm shields

-power fist

-2x chain sword

185pts 

1 Pack FW

10x FW

80pts

2x Hellhounds

250pts

3x Chimeras

195pts

2x Wyverns

130pts 

3x Lemun Russ'

530pts

1x Lemun Russ battle tank 

150pts 

2x Lemun Russ Demolisher

340pts 

3328pts

I assume pask is meant for the 2 demolishers?

I would also pack a spec or heavy into the ccs as then you can make use of their bs4 (they can fire out roof of chrimera so stay safe too!)

The autocannon in the pcs could be moved to the ccs, then tehy can move forwards with the heavy flamer... or I'd drop the heavy flamer as they arent likely to want to close so its unlikely to get much use

Otherwise the guard units look solid. Although it is a bit of an odd points total to be aiming for lol

Most people agree that Pask is a beast in a Punisher, and makes for a potent tank hunter in a Vanquisher and a good transport murderer in an Exterminator. He needs a complementary squadron mate though this isn't essential if you use his orders to split their fire. I think a third Russ in his squadron isn't necessary so you can save some points there.

A Punisher with heavy bolters is the most common Pask build because it's very effective. It will annihilate most things it shoots at, but the Vanquisher with a hull lascannon will inflict heavy damage on armour. What role do you have in mind for him?

Vanquisher will do mean things to heavy armour, but if you want a more generalist take the Punisher. Pask will blast through all armour types with rending and weight of dice and can even turn his hand to aircraft - he'll also be great at scything down infantry too of course.

the punisher is the best tank to put pask in because the internet says so smile.png the combination of rending and 20 dice pushes the maths in his favour against everything

24inch range is the only negative to that,(and fluff, i dont care how good a shot you are etc you still cant put what is essentially a weaker version of a heavy bolter shell through a frikkin land raider)

due to the 24 inch main gun i have read a lot of people use multimelta sponsons and a lascannon hull gun, cuts down on shots v heavy bolters but nukes armour

even knowing it is the better choice my pask is going in a vanquisher because a tank hunter should have an anti tank gun not a suped up multi barrelled pea shooter

Careful saying that even in jest tongue.png Just like customers the Internet is only right when it's right msn-wink.gif I'm sure Pask will be changed again next codex, so best to make the most out of him while we can!

Consider that it takes one popular guys give an opinion and it is going to spread like fat guy at the cinema. A lot of misinformation can be spread. I do consider Pask Punisher to be the best option, but there are plenty that prefer Vanquisher in their list. It all comes down to your list. Having Jesus in your list won't help if your list won't support him right.

That's what we're here for Immer - to stop the lies spread by traitors and heretics and fight back with the light of the truth and the Emperor :P

Wayland are pretty good, I used to shop with them but as RADU says they've grown a bit too large now and seem to struggle with maintaining stock for despatch. Saving money is good, but in return you must be patient!

I have had long delays with Wayland Games but I was usually not in a rush for the models so was happy to continue then a parcel went missing in the post. Now I understand that this can happen but the after sales service was simply shocking furious.gif

Long story short I lost my money on the order and, after some heated emails, vowed to take my business elsewhere - in fact to Element Games and so far they have been excellent. Ordered, shipped next day, arrived in Germany 2 days later....

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this site, but I'm most likely going to be purchasing all my 40k from here: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/

It cuts the price in half for us Aussies anyway and anyone else will save so much more! biggrin.png

Be aware, Wayland are not allowed to ship GW models to Australia.

Due to the GW trade terms we regret to inform customers that we can only ship this product to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, BFPO Addresses, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Orders of this product to countries other than those listed will result in the item being cancelled from the order and your payment for it refunded.

Archived