The Iron Tenth of Istvaan - Horus Heresy blag

Raktra

Nice looking squad. Anything going in the vexilla cog or just leaving it blank?

Khrangar 

Cheers man. Not quite sure on the cog, my freehand is less than stellar, so I dunno what I'd be brave enough to risk.

Lovely!

They look great all together so far. 

Thanks man!

And today yielded another fistful of progress...

10685433_1519333814979148_27232970858131

They're only gonna be regular Breachers, but damn if they don't look fly.

Nice looking squad. Anything going in the vexilla cog or just leaving it blank?

Khrangar

Cheers man. Not quite sure on the cog, my freehand is less than stellar, so I dunno what I'd be brave enough to risk.

Lovely!

They look great all together so far.

Thanks (wo)man!

And today yielded another fistful of progress...

msn-wink.gif

Beautiful, the red works perfectly and the bits/poses are very characterful.

And that axe on the sgt looks super Iron Hand-y; simple, unadorned and really, really good at cutting big bits off the enemy.

Looking awesome so far! (You may recognise my avatar mate msn-wink.gif ) Inspiring me to consider taking the plunge with the Heresy! Superb colour scheme, can't wait to see the morlocks smile.png

You tall, handsome bastard!

I'm gonna battle damage it up. I was thinking of making it look like the red's scraped off up to just past the thumb so the bare metal's showing. Then I can call myself artsy and say it's both a stylistic technique and a nod to the chapter's colours in 40k.

Representin'.

Breacher sarge finished off I reckon. OR IS IT? That's for you to decide, dear viewers.

10685519_1522076848038178_20151865432128
Better angle on the fist:
10374515_1522087888037074_24234617916589

Damn these are some grainy photos. Get in the game, Raktra, gawd.

I find the smoothness still clashes. Look at all the rivets, rims and other things sticking out of the armor everywhere else if you don't get my meaning. I'd have given more contrasting colors to the lenses on his left eye too. That said, he's well painted.

Of course, this is your model, so you being happy about it is all that matters.

I find the smoothness still clashes. Look at all the rivets, rims and other things sticking out of the armor everywhere else if you don't get my meaning. I'd have given more contrasting colors to the lenses on his left eye too. That said, he's well painted.

Of course, this is your model, so you being happy about it is all that matters.

My model that needs a good tellin' off. Criticism is as welcome as compliments!

Potential idea - plasticard studs?

I'm always a little uneasy offering critique on models, since I'm not that good myself. My go-to answer to every flat surface is etched brass, but buying one set just for that might be hard to swallow, whether it's the Iron Hands, aquila or number sets. Maybe his clan symbol in plasticard? If that's too complex, studs should be good.

Some progress from the past few days. Some sexy progress.

First up, HOLY CRAP I HAVE GORGON TERMINATORS AAAAAGH!
934866_1526735247572338_3152326036665796

Next, I painted another Immortal:
13260_1526303734282156_40545262383528627

And finally, the best Centurion in 30k, Castrmen Orth, has had a bit of zazz added to him:
10636231_1526734254239104_80479887137859

My regular Breachers also arrived, building them now. Just need some brass etch sheets when I get paid to finish off the infantry side of my 1k force and then I can start saving for a Sicaran!

I normally have a violent abhorrence of blue, but when it's an artistic thing I can work past it. Given that this entire venture was inspired by you, I'm really glad you've spoken so positively :)

Archived