The Iron Tenth of Istvaan - Horus Heresy blag

Raktra

Okay, so I held off on posting this guy, but... Screw it, it needs to be done.

Everyone, allow me to present FERRUS MANUS.

10422908_10205227556228189_8691410356494

1897926_10205227556868205_25426368759282

10169437_10205227557548222_4454136109592

Be gentle on the job I did, and the photos, we all know I'm a cack photographer!

Awesome army! thumbsup.gif Your conversions and painting are top notch, and I really like the addition of red to the Iron Hands scheme, such a simple idea but so effective. My 30k knowledge is still quite limited, but are these meant to be the predecessors of the Red Talons IH Successor Chapter?

Look forward to seeing more!

Brass etch has finally been posted, so I can tidy up Mor and Orth soon, and my grandma has kindly bought me the Iron Hands strike force and a Whirlwind Scorpius for Christmas! Obviously I have to wait to get my mitts on them, but nevertheless it's an awesome addition to come.

Brass etch looks good, though I think Mor would look better if you just shaved off the censor bit on his left leg instead of gsing over it. Looks like Orth secretly wants to be part of the Iron Warriors.

Khrangar

My 1k list got updated:

Iron Hands (Heresy)

HQ

Castrmen Orth - 80

TROOPS

Legion Tactical Squad - 200

- 5 additional Space Marines

Legion Siege Breacher Squad - 245

- Power fist

ELITES

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon - 185

- Contemptor Dreadnought

- Multi-melta

- Heavy flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sicaran Battle Tank - 175

- Lascannon sponsons

Scorpius Whirlwind - 115

• 2 weeks later...

Either Alpha legion or Word Bearers. I'm going to buy one of those little packs of plastic marines and test out some colour schemes as that ultimately will be the deciding factor. Both legions have their advantages in-game so it's quite hard to decide!

Either way, can't wait to get some games in. *Puts on best Roger from American dad's voice* Istvaan caaaaampaign weekeeeenddd! biggrin.png

So I followed the link from your signature after reading OMG's thread.  And I have to say that your critisism of your army is unjust to say the least!  Dude!  the way you balance the shades of black on your guy's is great!  Not just a standard black then a highlight. The way you shade them gives them great depth and character,  also the red really works well and doesn't over power the rest of the model at all.   Very impressive!

Aha, well thank you very much mate! I think my comment on OMG's thread may have come across as more self-critical than I initially intended - all I meant was that mine weren't as good by comparison, not that I hated my work ;) But the praise is welcomed all the same!

Onto progress news, and next week I can finally start the five Breachers up there. I did wanna buy a Dreadnought as well (because Jesus, I love Dreads), buuut my partner did me proud by going completely cold-turkey off cigarettes for a full month, so I rewarded her instead by getting her a new outfit. Worth sacrifice I reckon!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still doing this! Just got my arse kicked by uni in regards to my free time, but now that I've handed in all assignments I am BACK.

Now. Gaze at my horrible quality WiP photo. Gaze in awe.10805841_1545446502367879_81141894821129

Archived