The Iron Tenth of Istvaan - Horus Heresy blag

Raktra

Well. My plasma support squad are my new MVPs. One volley today had no overheats and entirely 6s to wound, killing a goddamn unwounded Thanatar straight off on turn 2. DIE BITCH.

Aww yeah, Iron Father in the house!

11009943_1600364670209395_61673339652791

Praetor - 265
* Iron Father
* Cataphractii Armour
* Cyber familiar
* Grav-gauntlet
* Thunder hammer
* Digital weapons

"What man is a man, who does not turn himself into a machine in order to conquer his foes?"

Praetor - 265

* Iron Father

* Cataphractii Armour

* Cyber familiar

* Grav-gauntlet

* Thunder hammer

* Digital weapons

"What man is a man, who does not turn himself into a machine in order to conquer his foes?"

Might wanna go with normal TDA, otherwise he won't be able to fire his lovely Grav gauntlet in overwatch.

Praetor - 265

* Iron Father

* Cataphractii Armour

* Cyber familiar

* Grav-gauntlet

* Thunder hammer

* Digital weapons

Shoulda saved that guy for ETL, 265pt single model would've been good for the cause! 

(Damn Iron Hands, always rushing in ahead of everyone ;) )

I have more available! Fear not, a few thousand should be doable.

As for the gauntlet - RAW he'll only get D3 hits on Overwatch right now, so I don't mind the sacrifice much. Also, cheaper 3++.

So i was looking through this post and never noticed that you even did the "red on right" theme on the sicaran. it looks great. Good stuff here man and thanks for the grav gauntlet idea hope you don't mind me using it in my upcoming Jetbike Praetor.

I never fancied the Gorgon Terminators but they're painted accurately. I can't make out whether they're hilghlighted or not... but I rarely notice this kind of painting nuance unless it's really obvious, anyway.

And it's been killing me since the beginning of this project log... It's blog, not blag. tongue.png

'Blag' is british slang, it basically means you bull-plop your way through an ordeal, eg. 'blagged my way through that interview'. Also can mean something tedious, 'that was a right blag'. 

So this iron hands heresy 'blag' could mean either of the above I guess, in a cheeky play on words. Ho ho, very droll etc.

Or maybe it was just a typo....

Also, a pleasure as always to peruse your blag/blog Raktra - very nice gorgons. The face on your iron father is awesome. 

Cheers all my bros and gals! I called it a "blag" because of XKCD, that comic has influenced too much of my life :p Also what my fellow tall man Stoneheart said.

The Gorgons are highlighted, I'm just a terrible photographer and it doesn't show :(

Cheers for the love on the Father! Up tonight is a related special post!

My mistake then.

You might want to change the tag to blog though, since I doubt many people will search for blag when looking for blogs. Unless you don't care if people don't find your thread because of the tag search, then consider I said nothing. tongue.png

As for the highlights, mine seem to disappear after I apply Nuln Oil. Probably worse when taking photos too. unsure.png

I do such a pointless method with my highlights and Nuln Oil it's unreal. I have to re-do everything straight after and yet I still call it progress.

Hnnnnnnnnnng AUTEK MOR?!

11139981_1602674693311726_65675254128961

Okay, so his base isn't done. You know what? Shut up, that's what. Foo'. Look at his angry majesty, look at it and smile slightly! Also, no red arm! Red cloth instead. I felt like Mor would be arrogant/distant enough to not care for such things.

"Only when by the power of our hate we have truly shed the prison of our own flesh, shall we be judged worthy to stand at the side of the returned Primarch. Every foe I slay, every stone I cast down, makes my hatred purer, and the day Ferrus Manus is restored to us a day closer."

Archived