Of Lunatics and Henchmen: Inquisition Challenge #1

Dosjetka

Excellent work all round! I especially like the last three additions, lovely stuff :tu:

The challenge is now closed and the poll to decide who the winner is should be up fairly soon.

Thanks to all who participated and look out for the next challenge (during which I'll hopefully be a bit more active :sweat:)!

Gutted I missed it, the past 2 days I had some grit or something in my eye and was in bloody agony, couldn't even see properly last night, congrats to all those that finished. :tu: Good work all round. 

Now that my eye has finally stopped firing out vision distorting boogers I can actually finish mine, if I don't then it will just sit in a baggie for the next year or so until I can be bothered.

That's the spirit, Silver Phoenix! I'm still looking forward to see what you put together, even if it's after the competition is over.

Great stuff, everyone. Tons of creativity shown in this thread. That's why I love the Inquisition -- so much room for that.

Glad to hear you're feeling better SlaveToDarkness. Hope you still finish you entry, I'm intrigued by the ideas you posted.

1 Henchman by the 30th November, so be it, challenge accepted.

Well that went well, made and primed was as far as I got due to a massive arthritic attack that put my painting hand out of action for 3 weeks, couldn't even hold a brush or figure.

Will try to get finished though.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the more I agree that =I= challenges should be about single or very small number of Henchmen miniatures. Since with =I= it's all about customization / personalization.

However, for some focus, perhaps we could set context, themes or situations, for which we would build appropriate minis.

For example:

Your Inquisitor needs a Henchman to infiltrate some high ranking noble's social gathering, while at the same time carrying a covert weapon and Auspex. What would your Henchman look like?

Your Inquisitor needs a trio of Henchmen to purge a slum gang's hideout. What would your Henchmen trio look like?

Your Inquisitor needs a Henchman to take over communication duties. What would your Henchman look like?

Etc.

You'll have to see what the mods conjure up I guess, but they're some good ideas. The only way is up from here biggrin.png Maybe next time we can get some sig banners for the event to help spread the word like the ETL and Regiments ones?

I feel your sig is ruined somewhat by the white backgrounds on your increasing array of honours Kilo, if you could provide/link me the source images it wouldn't take me long to scale them down nicely for you with transparency smile.png Obviously no need to provide the Guard and Inquisitorial source files tongue.png

• 4 weeks later...

1 Henchman by the 30th November, so be it, challenge accepted.

Well that went well, made and primed was as far as I got due to a massive arthritic attack that put my painting hand out of action for 3 weeks, couldn't even hold a brush or figure.

Will try to get finished though.

Well they say better late than never, thanks to the wonder of modern medicine.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/colinsb/P1030933_zps96738a21.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/colinsb/P1030932_zps7e95de0f.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/colinsb/P1030934_zpsb4a77255.jpg

EDIT: Better photos done as well. But I finally got Coteaz, 9 Stormtroopers and 4 DCA finished.

3 psykers, a jokaero and Priest to finish and photo.

EDIT: Better photos done as well. 

You know the challenge was for only one model right? Your desire to repent is clearly strong laugh.png

I have to paint whilst I can.

I'm also in the process of completing 3 more Inquisitors, 2 more Psykers, a couple of Stormtroopers to flesh out the above, 20 PAGK, 10 TAGK and a GK Libby. Plus 2 chimeras, 2 Leman Russ, 1 Valkyrie and a Land raider.

Think i'll be nearly done then biggrin.png

Archived