Fast cars and hot chicks.

...wait, those are Sanguinary Guard?  Hm.  Just the fast cars, then.

:teehee:

But really, the Angels have exemplary fluff.  At least they did when I was a kid.  I haven't kept up with every change to come along.  Red looks awesome, and yet red is a pain to paint.  Well, again, it was when I was a kid (back when Angels were actually orange).  There are a lot of new products and methods to use these days.  And of course, stabbing.  There's always a place for the stabby-stab.

If only I had the time, the money, and the patience, I'd return to these guys with gusto.

Red is easy now :wink:

You play templars right? Black and white.... *shudders* 

Off-white.  I cheat :D

I think I could have a lot of fun with red now, between my airbrush and learning how to oil wash.  I'll find out one day, I guess.  I miss my roots.

I started for a friend show me the game the first tink i love was CC and the Death company... sin that i have started to Play, Blood angels were the best and there story was apealing to me.

from that time on April 1996 i started.

The game have change sins the day i started but my love for the Blood Angels Have't.

This is a great army in all aspects, there storys, the way they play, all.

i started with 10 DC and 1 Chaplain, Now i posses about 2 1/2 Companys (2nd & 3rd) with 4 DP, 2LR, 4 Rino, 4 Razorback, 3 ABikes, 3Lspeeders, 2Predators, 2 Ballpredators, 50 terminators, 50 Scouts, 2 Stormravens, 2 Demolishers, 1 Wirlwing.... and more.

• 2 weeks later...

BA were my first and now 4th army. I'll be fielding them alongside my Space Wolves for a time, while I build my BA force. I hope they get a decent codex again.

Death company have always been a draw. Remember when they had rending but no special weapons? That sucked, but it turned out the rending could be awesome.

Lemartes is my fave model of all the Astartes Range. Astorath a close second. Beautiful models. 

One time I fielded a furioso dreadnought against space wolves (this is when I was really just learning how to play, buying stuff I liked but not planning out purchases like I am now) and the blood claws lightsabered through thunderwolf cavalry, and terminators before it was killed by combined meltas. Must have destoryed five times its worth in points. 

Also is there anything more terrifying than a FAST VINDICATOR? the answer is, "Yes. Two Fast Vindicators." 

Fast vindicators for EVERYONE!!!! (As long as they're descendants of Sanguinius)

Incidentally my first blasphemous partnership between my Space Wolves war band and my Flesh Tearers went on pretty well. DC did quite a bit of damage, Stormraven did A LOT and passed a lot of Jink saves, survived the game, in fact. I will do that again. My next opponent is also a Space Wolves player. Should be funny.

Edited by ContemptuousAngel

red is a pain to paint.

If only I had the time, the money, and the patience, I'd return to these guys with gusto.

Red is so easy now it's insane. The new formula base coats are incredible, Two decent coats of meph red over a black undercoat and you're done.

After reading fear to tread it has really endeard me to the legion and chapters, and sanguinius is a incredible primarch who has a tragic destiny, I am looking forward to new blood angels heresy books and chapter books and the new codex for better and for worse

Just to clarify though the red thirst is when they are angry for a brief period of time and the black rage is when they are lost forever to relieving the battle with Horus?

Just to clarify though the red thirst is when they are angry for a brief period of time and the black rage is when they are lost forever to relieving the battle with Horus?

You got the black rage part correctly. The red thirst is the vampiric aspect, wishing to drink the enemies blood. 

Red Thirst = An unnatural compulsion to drink blood. Some suffer it, some don't. Some are stuck with it all the time, some suffer intermittently (though it rises and falls in intensity even if you always experience it). Some are better or worse at remaining rational when it hits.

Black Rage = A fatal condition in which the marine loses track of reality and sees himself as Sanguinius fighting Horus. Happens to many eventually. No one knows why a marine falls when he does while others live for centuries.

So the red thirst is different from marine to marine a rebirth defect? As in fear to tread every legionnaire seems to be effectted by the red thirst

All BA constantly struggle against the compulsion to drink blood caused by the red thirst. the extreme blood letting and warp-ness of the whole thing just brought it to the fore.

So the red thirst is different from marine to marine a rebirth defect? As in fear to tread every legionnaire seems to be effectted by the red thirst

All BA constantly struggle against the compulsion to drink blood caused by the red thirst. the extreme blood letting and warp-ness of the whole thing just brought it to the fore.

But I'm pretty sure that the compulsion varies in intensity, from brother to brother and, in some brothers, from moment to moment.

But I'm pretty sure that the compulsion varies in intensity, from brother to brother and, in some brothers, from moment to moment.

Well, obviously it's more intense when in battle, but:

All Blood Angels share a thirst for battle and a blood-hunger that must be guarded against every moment of their lives

Emphasis mine. This is but the most recent version of this, but has been around for ages. I just cant be bothered digging out the books.

Sanguinius already was more dangerous than Angron.

Seriously though it's always been the elephant in the room, how Sanguinius did not (apparently) suffer from the red thirst but his sons did. Surely with a sample of the Primarch's blood compared to a legionary's it would be possible to work out where the flaw is.

In Fear to Tread Sanguinius feels a mixture of sorrow, empathy and responsibility almost bordering on guilt, as though it is his fault. He understands because he feels the pull of the thirst too, only he has no problem dealing with it. So the flaw itself is not the red thirst but rather the missing part of the DNA makeup which keeps it in check?

Sanguinius already was more dangerous than Angron.

Seriously though it's always been the elephant in the room, how Sanguinius did not (apparently) suffer from the red thirst but his sons did. Surely with a sample of the Primarch's blood compared to a legionary's it would be possible to work out where the flaw is.

In Fear to Tread Sanguinius feels a mixture of sorrow, empathy and responsibility almost bordering on guilt, as though it is his fault. He understands because he feels the pull of the thirst too, only he has no problem dealing with it. So the flaw itself is not the red thirst but rather the missing part of the DNA makeup which keeps it in check?

Good thoughts. Maybe the flipside of being incredible is just that, the red thirst.

Sanguinius can deal with it due to the mastery of his own self, like other primarchs, which are essentially immune to what would kill a normal astartes (Guilliman breathing the tiny amount of air around a starship, in a vacuum, helmetless, Lorgar regenerating after being burnt to a stump etc.)

The flaw might be incurable, it being the very thing that makes the Blood Angels what they are. Like the Canis Helix.