Community project : Let's found a Chapter ! (Phase 3 & 4)

GreyCrow

Almost looks like the swapped pattern is the Sarge. There is only one of them in the photo even though the Sergeant is on the end.

I think you have a nice idea there. Sergeants are denoted by a flipping of the scheme, they still resemble their underlings to the untrained eye, but the battle brothers of the chapter will know this signifies his status as sergeant. It would also save us the trouble of coloured helmets mucking with the scheme!

I think flipping the colours would work great on everyone from sergeant up. Definitely in favour of not adding too many additional colours for helmets and suchlike, so this is a neat way of denoting status.

I got my test guy painted up, well apart from his backpack, which I lost. Will put up pics when my camera battery has charged.

Was also thinking about the cool camo scheme quozzo made. While I don't fancy my chances of making it look good on power armour, I think I'm going to try it on a scout.

Edited after attributing camo scheme to wrong person. D'oh!

Areas that have been mentioned so far that I can see.

Theme of the Chapter - Completed !

- Naming -Completed !

- Chapter beliefs - Ongoing -  I think we've roughly lined out how all of the chapter cult works

- Combat Doctrine - Ongoing

- Coulour scheme and iconography - Two schemes put forth so far

- Origins and Founding - I believe we've said early?

- Homeworld - No name so far but I believe we have the basic idea and region

- General fluff - ?

-Famous Heroes of the chapter - One or two mentioned so far

-famous battles/ campaigns of the chapter - ?

So I was going to start a thread  in the work in progress section once I've painted a bit more. Was trying to come up with some background and figured I'd post it here first, make sure it meshes.

To all who receive this missive know that these orders were not issued with light hearts. Two centuries ago the world of Jubel was invaded by heretical forces that I will not detail here. The Planetary Defense Forces and the overall population capitulated before these enemies in a display so abysmal as to offend the Ten in their entirety. Following a reclamation mission spearheaded by our chapter, the Knights Panthera, treaties were imposed upon the people of Jubel and eyes left behind to ensure their compliance.

Eight Terran months ago the Assurer stationed on Jubel, Hadduk Honzer, left the planet and rendezvoused with Fourth Company. The report she gave to me was damning. She painted a picture of overt disregard. Tithes of materials ignored. Men and women sent to the guard, substandard and fewer than demanded. Scores upon scores of recordings and pics showed a people openly disrespecting the Holy Lord of Terra's mercy.

Weighing the evidence provided to me I see no other path. With this message know that I choose to consign the ten billion souls of Jubel to an oblivion of their own making. They have turned from the Emperor's light, now I shall guide them to the altars of his sons.

These orders and requests for aid have been approved by:

Bogen Stein - Captain of the Fourth

Sigmund Hoch- High Chaplain of Rogal Dorn

Neurer Osch- High Chaplain of Jaghatai Khan

Hadduk Makash Von Ishma Honzer- Assurer of Conviction- Jubel

That's the idea. Be warned! Brotastic has not practiced creative writing since he was in the ninth grade!

Bogen Stein looked at the command screen and knew full well that what he saw was not the optimal course of action. He watched the individual dots, which were in actuality drop pods full of humanities finest warriors, race towards the city and wondered if he had given over to foolishness. Drums beat out of the vox broadcasting over the bridge's communication stations, the same drums that were being sent onto every com-network on the planet below. There would be no stealth in this fight. There was nothing precious on this world’s surface, nothing so worth saving that this campaign should not begin and end with an orbital bombardment. Even a half-competent commander would soften the unshielded cities from beyond range of the planet’s orbital defenses. But still, the heavens remained silent and his brother’s fell to the earth.

The captain did not need anyone to tell him that this was more than a battle. No, to the Knights Panthera this was a song, a prayer to God-Emperor. Two centuries ago, his chapter had personally offered this world salvation bringing its people back into Terra’s light. A second chance after a shameful display of incompetence. To have that mercy be rejected was in a way a failure on their part; all the misdeeds of Jubel were reflected upon them. Any other enemy and he would have ordered the world turned to a lifeless cindered, he would have pulverized its atmosphere from half a million miles away with lance-fire. But that would be too impersonal for these people. One city, that was what he would capture. He would break the leaders of this world, he would stand beside them and let them look upon his face as their little rock  burned around them. Then he would offer them to the Sons.

He watched as the first drop pod landed chuckling to himself when he saw who it contained. Sigmund Hoch, the ancient High Chaplain of the Seventh Son, had demanded the job of overseeing the ground campaign. He had made his case with several long speeches concerning the nature of Dorn’s relationship with oath breakers. By the end Stein would have crashed the ship itself onto the surface to quiet him. The other chaplain in the task force, Neurer Osch, had taken two squads to pacify Jubel’s orbital stations. Every so often the bridge would update Stein on the man’s progress as vox-reports came in. Neurer was a quieter and much easier individual to get along with.

Movement caught the corner of Bogen’s eye and he turned to look down at Hadduk Honzer standing a few feet away. The woman who had been Jubel’s Assurer was  small, or perhaps she wasn’t, all people seemed small to a gene-son. She shifted in place scratching the top of her shaved head, occasionally glancing at the projection.

“ Hadduk, I know this must be painful to watch, having known these people” Stein said, “ Things are well in hand if you wish to retire someplace comfortable.”

The Assurer gave a small jump upon hearing him. She looked at his face for a moment and then glanced back at the screen. “No I’ll stay. This slaughter is partially my fault is it not?”

“The people of Jubel chose this path on their own.” Stein did his best to sound reassuring “I am sure you did your best to steer them right, but virtue is a choice made within.”

“ Is it necessary to kill them all? Surely if the governor was executed…”

Stein laid his hand on the woman’s should. “ The mistakes of this world do not affect just this system Hadduk.” “ How many Guard regiments perish because Jubel sends untrained thin-blooded cowards to stand beside them? On how many worlds does the infrastructure rot because Jubel hoards its manufacture for selfish use? The Imperium is strong through unity, we cannot risk these things continuing."

Hadduk was silent for a moment before she motioned to the screen. “Aldela, where is he?”

“ Your friend will be fine.” He moved to the screen and put a finger on one of the dots. “ Despite his young age Aldela Duren is the finest blade in our company.” He tapped the screen excitedly before turning back towards Hadduk smiling. “ There! His drop pod just landed; statistically the most dangerous part of the battle is over for him."

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings fellow worshippers of the divine God Emperor! Over the past few few weeks I have valiantly remained faithful as the pox ridden hand of Nurgle descended upon my residence striking low all who dwelled within. All the while I have kept my eye upon the many hallow painting threads of this prestigious forum. As I pondered what I wanted to accomplish in 2015 it dawned on me that there's a repulsive amount of heretical chaos being crafted lately, enough to sicken any worshipper of the true gods! To that end I thought why not make it my personal 2015 goal to paint ten chaplains, one representing each of the Primarchs (and Emperor) worshipped by this chapter.

So if anyone has suggestions , name ideas , fluff thoughts thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this sounds like a good idea. I think some combination of Germanic/Frankish names mixed with Nahuatl elements would work nicely.

I may join you in painting something up too. I'm coming to the end of my current batch of guys, so a character or two would be the perfect thing to keep my eye in.

I think I did a bit of fluff earlier about a grizzled devastator captain... May have to build him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! *poke*

Are you guys still doing this thing? *poke*

Cause if so you could work into the fluff a portion of the chapter falling to Chaos. Cause then you get a free mortal enemy AND bring a bunch more players into the fold. *poke*

Totally ya'll's thing, I'm just tossing a (heretical) idea in.

Love what y'all got so far, really cool stuff.

Archived