In Desperate Need of Ephrael Stern

I do love the concept of a Blood Angels Repentia and Death Company Force in Storm Ravens with this. :D

I wish we could still use our old options but lets hope they return in time, either way though an Eviserator Canoness is still nothing to take lightly.

Got to wait for her to arrive, once she has I am painting her straight away with a unit of Seraphim. :D

yeah, cannoness' could be pretty killy with the right relics but they're just not worth taking right now since you can't stick them anywhere useful. Either way, congrats. Get it painted up, I'd like to see it

Not really, I love putting my Canoness with my Dominions. She's dead killy with dual melta-pistols, Rosarius and Mantle. biggrin.png

Not really. Eternal Warrior and a cheap 4+ invulnerable save give her some OK staying power... but if I'm taking a Fighty Canoness I'll give her a Maul or an Axe instead of the second inferno pistol, give her a choppy command squad (with sacred standard) and back her up with a couple of big blobs.

Not really. Eternal Warrior and a cheap 4+ invulnerable save give her some OK staying power... but if I'm taking a Fighty Canoness I'll give her a Maul or an Axe instead of the second inferno pistol, give her a choppy command squad (with sacred standard) and back her up with a couple of big blobs.

The Canoness tooled up that way is surprisingly durable. I think many underestimate how helpful eternal warrior is. Especially considering how rare it is in other armies, when we can have it on any variation of canoness.

I'm more comparing her to other human and eldar characters than space marines. Few things are chaptermasters on bikes/monstrous creature durable, and at the same points cost, they aren't that durable either. Canoness with eternal warrior, 4++, eviscerator, combiflamer is 145pts. Downgrade to power maul and drop combi she's 120. At that points cost you can afford to trick out her entourage to be annoying. 

Is she a monster? no. Is she rather durable/annoying at the points cost? Definitely.

Priests are a fair exchange for that, in my opinion... besides, we do have Celestine.

Agreed. in my experience, Sisters are a system of parts, and no one bit is ultra strong on its own, but as a part of the whole they become strong. I think its part of the flavor of the army.

If I wanted to play the infinite respawn game I'd bring out my Necrons. She's still 2+/4++ and capable of going toe-to-toe with Mephiston.

Wonder if that still holds true with new Mephiston. I know he can get strength 10 pretty reliably, and insta-death is typically how I lose her. Ugh, like that time a grounded Dakka-Flyrant killed her in overwatch...

If I wanted to play the infinite respawn game I'd bring out my Necrons. She's still 2+/4++ and capable of going toe-to-toe with Mephiston.

Really she is not, she is capable of getting a sharp kick in the teeth from him.

Before he would of destroyed her out right, now him and his "unit" will do the same.

She is decent, I just miss her getting back up as a single model tank roaming around tieing things up.

Mine destroyed him four battles in a row during a 600 point mini-campaign... although that was with the previous rules, thinking about it. Sigh. She's still faster than him and more skilled than him. Even more so now.

She was not before but looking at them as a 1 on 1 both under current rules, he tanks her.

They both have their uses but he is meant to BA combat monster, she is more like a wasp, stinging here and there causing damage and irritation and now and then going for the eyes, he on the other hand just threw what was left of a hive tyrant through your living room window...

We don't need combat monster characters.  We have units for that such as Repentia, Battle Conclave and Penitent Engines.  They are more then capable of killing such characters and generally much cheaper too.

Celestine has enough to hold her own until the real powerhouses get into combat.

You see thats where I disagree.

She is good but she can't handle things on her own like she used to, if she had AP 2 then we woould be talking but with 2+ being common place she struggles these days.

In regards to Repentia, I champion these over DC so I whole Heartedly agree with you there.

For me Celestine isn't a melee character beatstick.  She is a infantry killer and army support.  I use her to kill bikes, devastator style squads and artillery.  I try to avoid having her face off against enemy IC.  She is great at challenging squad leaders who have 3+ or worse save though.  Her warlord trait is also useful for popping faith and war hymns.

Her job isn't to kill people like Dante or Chessemaster on bike, instead she kills the tactical squads and support elements.

Archived