The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

While a new Libby is nice, Mephistons model is from 2nd edition I believe. And Corbulos model is from 3rd or 4th, not sure on that. While a new priest and Libby are nice, there are other models in desperate need of attention.

Corbulo, Mephiston and Dante all are from 2nd Ed. Some of the finest sculpts from that end of 2nd, in my opinion, but definitely showing their age.

in the UK, they get deliveries thursday evenings generally I believe.

on a somewhat related note, do we know what else is due for release?

we've had:

Deathstorm

Codex

limited ed codex

dice

cards

tacticals

priest

we still have the following to come:

terminator set

librarian in terminator armour

any ideas if there are more things rumoured to be arriving, and what the cost for the librarian may be?

if you've bought one of everything so far, total cost is between 165 and 235 depending on which version of the codex you got

terminators are likely to be 35, i'd guess the librarian will be about 20, so the cost is then between 220 and 270!!

Lot of money

probably for the best! I've purchased it all so far, but i am supposed to give the total cost to my wife before she wraps most of it (minus codex... i bought codex myself so i could have it now rather than waiting for december/january) Totaling everything I don't think she'll be over happy as is :P

Tomorrow I'll be leaving my pre-order for the codex with the LGS..  Really can't justify buying any models when I already have such a :cusston of a backlog to burn through.  Maybe after my current projects (Captain, Bikes, Baal Predator) are done, and I start the next batch of projects, I'll order the tac or new terminator squad to add to my backlog..

Not exactly rumor related, but I had to repost. Some dude on Dakka posted asking if 30 Death Company with dual Thunder Hammers was still a viable unit. More amazingly, he posted a pic. woot.gif

Hot and cold running damn…

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I was thinking about this he should have went with Lightning Claws and Thunderhammers. It would have saved 450 points, kept the additional attack, and went at Initiative vs. 3+ models rerolling wounds.

Not exactly rumor related, but I had to repost. Some dude on Dakka posted asking if 30 Death Company with dual Thunder Hammers was still a viable unit. More amazingly, he posted a pic. woot.gif

Hot and cold running damn…

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I was thinking about this he should have went with Lightning Claws and Thunderhammers. It would have saved 450 points, kept the additional attack, and went at Initiative vs. 3+ models rerolling wounds.

I'm sorry, what did you say? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome 60 Thunderhammers are.

Well what if he runs into a bunch of nasty eldar with that annoying 'disamring strike' upgrade? Gotta plan ahead mate, this is a serious build. :p

I think this is a big miss for GW. They could have made a new Mephiston for £20 and they would have sold a TON of them. Instead they have Terminators and Tacticals which we dont need.

Eh... not sure I agree. I mean, I'm not saying that a new Mephiston wouldn't have sold well, also, but... I mean I am going to buy both of the new boxes. Even if I don't want a whole new tac squad, I can use more heavy weapons, special weapons, and sergeants as alternates for my existing squads (ie. I'm going to build the ten models with a heavy flamer, a heavy bolter, a flamer, a plasma gun, a grav gun, a meltagun, and a sergeant with a grav pistol and a power weapon (though I'll need to wait for the codex to decide if he gets painted up as a tactical sergeant or an assault-on-fooot sergeant). Probably, I'll use the last three legs to get a jump start on the one unit I need but don't have: death company on foot.

And the terminators? Well, if this banner thing means that we now have terminator honor guard, I'll probably build them as that, especially if that unit has unique options, or a unique mix of gear. If the banner is an upgrade for an ordinary terminator squad (or the terminator honor guard's options are such that I'm likely to just use my existing terminator models), then I could still use a terminator holding said banner, and I'll want another terminator body to build as a terminator priest (which I don't have yet), and the remaining three terminators I could build as clawminators (I'm not as big a fan as I am of hammernators, but...) or alternate tac guys (I could use a cyclonic dude, on the off change that I ever want to field him).

I think it's less a matter of these boxes being mistakes, and they should have done something else instead, and more a matter of missed opportunity to do another couple of things, which would have sold well.

We don't need tacs or Terminators. They are just vanity purchases more than functional. Terminator Honour Guard barring some godly Relic Banner are going to suck as well.

I am just very disappointed there's no SC resculpt as it stands. That's very poor.

to be honest, I am pretty happy with the release in terms of models, it covers things we don't already have pretty nicely. I think the only product i'd have been happy to see (in addition to what we got) would be a generic assault squad, but for blood angels, the death company kit makes pretty nice assault marines, and the vanguard can be made to look less veteran like without too much difficulty as well.

character sculpts bother me less because I generally prefer to kitbash and sculpt my own, chances are, anything GW release I'd chop up and change anyways.

We don't need tacs or Terminators. They are just vanity purchases more than functional.

Less so than a new Mephiston would be. At least they add new options. There's no Tactical heavy flamer currently available, or Terminator standard bearer. A resculpted special character would have added nothing at all.

Archived