The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Alright. Rewrote that mess so it was easier to digest. I'm over the shock of all the change. I like this a LOT. I just hope the detachment is 6 Elite slots. We are definitely back in business as the assault army to be which couldn't make me happier!!!!

Army Special Rules:

Furious Charge

FOC Changes:
HQ: Librarian Dreadnought
Troops: Tactical Squads, Scout Squads
Elites: Death Company, Dreadnoughts (Death Company and Furioso)
Heavy Support: Baal Predator

Warlord Traits: 
1. Red Rampage: Warlord gets Rampage.
2. Speed of the Primarch. Warlord gets +1 Initiative.
3. Artisan of War: One of the warlord's weapons is mastercrafted. 
4. Soulwarden: Warlord gets Adamantium will.
5. Descent of Angels.(Dante's trait) 
6. Heroic Bearing: Warlord has a 12" Fearless bubble.

Psychic Powers:
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to Psyker or target character at 12”.
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2 penalty. 
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead. 
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++.
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If target dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5. 
5. Beam. 12" S8, AP1 Lance 
6. Blessing. Target infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement. 

Relics:
1. One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (25)
2. Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (10)
3. One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (15)
4. One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (10)
5. One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (25)
6. One AP2 power sword. (25)

Units:
• No new units. Terminators and Librarian are separate kits.
• No access to Storm Talon or Centurions.
• Reclusiarchs are gone.
• Vanguard Veterans cannot assault after Deep Strike.
• Death Company: Furious Charge, Fearless, Relentless, Feel No Pain, Rage. Cannot reroll to wound rolls if a Chaplain is in the unit (that is now Astaroth’s ability). No options for Terminator Armour. WS dropped to 4. Jump Packs are +3 points per model. 
• Blood Chalice: +1 WS and Feel No Pain. No longer a bubble just affects the unit.
• Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Baal Predators are Fast.

Characters:
• Dante: LoW. Eternal Warrior. Axe is +2S, AP2, Mastercraft, and strikes at Initiative!
• Mephiston: HQ. WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 A4 L10 2+ Special Rules: Furious Charge, Independent Character, Fleet, And They Shall Know No Fear, Hypnotic Trance: Roll 2D6 in a challenge. If you roll equal to or above their Leadership Mephiston hits on a 2+. Warlord trait: Admantium Will. Level 3 Pskyer w/ unique blessing giving him S10. Sword is AP3. Points: 175
• The Sanguinor: Pretty much the same with a 4++. Rerolls to hit and to wound rolls in challenges.
• Sanguinary Priest: HQ. Independent Character. The unit joined gains +1WS and Feel No Pain. Points: 60
• Corbulo: HQ.
• Lemartes: Can only join Death Company and takes an Elite slot.
• Tactical Squad: Usual options from Codex: Space Marines plus new options. They do have access to Flakk missiles.
• Land Raider: No longer a Dedicated Transport.

Baal Strike Force Detachment:
• Mandatory 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops 
• Optional: as usual, but 3 additional Elite slots (Total 4) 
• Special Rule: +1 Initiative when charging, all the army, any turn.

I really like these rumours, all of them, completely.

Pros:

Dante (my favourite HQ forever) sounds like the bamf he should be.

Mephiston sounds cool, I have no problem at all with him getting a little less uber stat wise and regaining IC, i've said for a while that I hoped for exactly that.

Furious Charge is cool, i'd hoped for something else to show red thirst, but i still like!

Tacticals with lots of options - GREAT, I own 6 tactical squads (as I have an entire company)

Psychic powers sound Great (If Dante is as described and hasnt had his stats decreased... he'd potentially be getting 9 attacks at Strength 7 AP2 WS 6 with a reroll... at Init 9! thanks to his buddy, mr 65 point libby)

Detachment makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

warlord traits sound good too

Cons:

shame we lose fast all over the place, but not the end of the world, plus I own lots of baals and rhinos (and 1 normal predator and 1 vindicator) So its not a terrible negative

was hoping to get at least one or two of the marine units, specifically the AA tanks...

if Vanguard don't even have the new heroic intervention I'll be a sad panda.

Sanguinary priests being HQ will be a bit sad as I own 6...

not remotely bothered about the Assault squads, as I only have 2 10 man squads anyway (again... proper battle company)

most of the force org movements arent a big deal to me, I havent used DC since 4th ed... Baals contending with Ravens is a little sad

Tycho now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.

1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators

Banner allows to reroll failed moral and pinning tests. 12" bubble

Honor Guard is gone from the codex.

He can buy a bike, but not a Terminator armour.

Ow!  A little unnecessary change there on the termy armour? Quite odd?  Wonder if he can get artificer?

Tycho now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.

1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators

Ow! A little unnecessary change there on the termy armour? Quite odd? Wonder if he can get artificer?

I thought I read from the same guy that HG where changed to a Command Sq and moved to a slot, but I could be making that up...?

So glad I finished those Plasma HG recently if they have been removed #nowfancylookingvanguardvets

Ow!  A little unnecessary change there on the termy armour? Quite odd?  Wonder if he can get artificer?

Who can buy a Bike, but not TDA?

Honor Guard is gone?  But, but.  That's actually the rumor that hurts the worst for me.  Jump Infantry Honor Guard were one of the things that drew me to the BA way back when.  I know they were made redundant by Sanguinary Guard with their invention and inclusion in the 5e dex, but I hate to see them go.

Honor Guard is gone?  But, but.  That's actually the rumor that hurts the worst for me.  Jump Infantry Honor Guard were one of the things that drew me to the BA way back when.  I know they were made redundant by Sanguinary Guard with their invention and inclusion in the 5e dex, but I hate to see them go.

Sanguinary priests maybe?

Sang Priest :/ 

That makes corbs pretty awesome smile.png Now he only needs a jump pack!

Honor guard being gone sounds weird..

The banner is very lackluster (as expected), especially with a warlord trait that gives fearless anyway.. very intrigued with the relics though, they sound amazing, cheap but quite useful!

Valerian - link doesn't work (I don't have permission to see the content). However, blue successors will still happening laugh.png

I'm by far no expert on the rules etc mentioned in this topic, but as ever, my eventual armies will be focused two things:

Fluff

Fun.

If this new codex allows me those two things, I'll be very happy.

Morticon - I'm loving the camaraderie here too happy.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/jacksonseverimben/Blood%20Angels/2014-07-21002318_zps2c9eae47.jpg

Why GW?!

dont believe so... we've seen terminators that may be a command squad, but I dont recall seeing any comman squads with jump packs... if this is true, i'm GUTTED as my favorite squad I've made are an honour guard squad specifically for Dante lol... Such is life!

Tycho now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.[/size]1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators[/size]Banner allows to reroll failed moral and pinning tests. 12" bubble[/size]Honor Guard is gone from the codex.[/size]He can buy a bike, but not a Terminator armour.[/size]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/jacksonseverimben/Blood%20Angels/2014-07-21002318_zps2c9eae47.jpg Why GW?!
they need to leave something for dark Angels to make them unique

dont believe so... we've seen terminators that may be a command squad, but I dont recall seeing any comman squads with jump packs... if this is true, i'm GUTTED as my favorite squad I've made are an honour guard squad specifically for Dante lol... Such is life!

I'm looking at the preview - it's a foot honour guard in power armour. Probably a command squad now

Im out till the morning guys! Late here.  

Enjoy the rumours!

I think for a lot of the veterans this is going to be one helluva nostalgic release - i hope the 5th ed dexers get as much mileage out of it! 

The next couple of weeks is going to be incredibly excited with what will be a complete revamp in the playstyle of the BA and a bucket load more options available to us thanks to what looks like good internal balance! 

Keen to see it all happen. 

Im out till the morning guys! Late here.  

Enjoy the rumours!

I think for a lot of the veterans this is going to be one helluva nostalgic release - i hope the 5th ed dexers get as much mileage out of it! 

The next couple of weeks is going to be incredibly excited with what will be a complete revamp in the playstyle of the BA and a bucket load more options available to us thanks to what looks like good internal balance! 

Keen to see it all happen.

Exactly this

Archived