The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Regarding taking a second detachment to use obsec, I'm sure only troops from your primary detachment benefit from obsec. It does say this in the brb. So that means one bonus or the other :/

It's not a matter of primary or secondary detachment, it's more a case of the combined arms detachment and allied detachments being the only ones with obsec troops. The Baal detachment is as primary as the combined arms one.

What people are saying is that you can get a CAD with 2 tacs and a libby for a small obsec presence (or sniper scouts), and then a Baal detachment loaded with all the good stuff to profit the +1I...the Baal detachment would use tacs with HF as troops, and they'd be played more aggressively. CCW/shotgun scouts could be an option too, specially if we get the LSS. So the CAD guards home objectives while the Baal detachment fights for the rest of the table.

This also gives you 4 total HQ slots which means more chances to get cheap buffers like priests or libbys. And also doubles your HS slots, so that Baals, vindis and ravens don't compete so much in case you like going mech with anti-air smile.png

Even with all the pretties I don't think I'll be buying the termies any time soon. The bling is nice but they just look too static. I'll be patiently waiting for whatever type of special terminator we get from Forge World (if any) when the books reach the Siege of Terra tongue.png *fingers crossed for ridiculous jump terminators!*

That said maybe I'll buy some for the bling? I will need a helmet swap for sure because default terminator heads are god-awful.

I think they'll actually compliment the Space Hulk Tactical Termies you get in that set, as barring one Thunder Hammer and one set of claws, everything else was Tactical.

Also, is it wrong that I'm now figuring out how I can get away with spending another 45 quid to get the end of the campaign book (on top of all my other purchases this month)? I swear I am getting dangerously close to **SURPRISE DEIVORCE!!!** laugh.png

She - is - going - to - kill - me...

Termies, Tacticals and Priest will have to come next month -sigh- ... but they will be coming... oh yes my friend, they will....

Waaaaaait a minute! I read a few pages back that the honour guard is gone from the codex!? Whyyy?

Because while apparently going back to third edition inspired rules, GW decides to flip everyone the bird and streamline the hell out of everything that once was unique to us. Damn, even jump pack honour guard used to be our thing!

On the other hand, that terminator librarian looks nice. As do the terminators. Is there something special about our claws now, or why does it say "shred 'til they're dead"?

Back to the issue of Vanguards...I can't see them in elites...why? Makes no sense at all since they've always, since third edition, been Fast Attack. Why change it now?

And that detachment. Now that I understood what it's all about, it sounds like a good deal. Does it put a limit on how many fast attack and heavy support choices we're able to take?

So many questions. I kinda wish it was saturday and my hangover was gone so I could read the codex in peace. Hate and love the dex hysteria. rolleyes.gif

Snorri

yeah, I've opted against getting the terminators and librarian for now, I've already asked the wife to spend £180 on stuff (as i bought the LE codex myself), instead the terminators and librarian can be a reward for getting some of the other stuff i have painted.

Does it put a limit on how many fast attack and heavy support choices we're able to take?

The rumors say the Baal detachment has the same slots the CAD has, with an extra (and compulsory) elite slot. So HQ 1-2, Elite 1-4, troop 2-6, FA 0-3, HS 0-3. It's like the regular FOC we all love but you're forced to take an additional elite. And instead of obsec for troops we get +1I on the charge army-wide.

Also, is it wrong that I'm now figuring out how I can get away with spending another 45 quid to get the end of the campaign book (on top of all my other purchases this month)? I swear I am getting dangerously close to **SURPRISE DEIVORCE!!!** laugh.png

She - is - going - to - kill - me...

I'm in the same boat! *laughs* Thankfully, the Sanguinary Guard Edition codex is a Christmas gift from my Mom, so, das wifey can't kill me for that...The Tac Marines, datacards and Black Library stuff however...She may well kill me for that. biggrin.png

On topic of the Termies, as much as I like them... Since I'm doing a Successor Battle company, they really don't fit in for me, so, I'm going to pass on them for now. Down the road I may pick them up however.

yeah some rumours have noted that they specifically dont stack, and corbs +1 Init doesn't stack with the Blood Angels Detachment rules either.

Well, if it doesn't stack then Corbulo is good for people who want to use the Combine Armed detachment for ObSec.

yeah some rumours have noted that they specifically dont stack, and corbs +1 Init doesn't stack with the Blood Angels Detachment rules either.

Well, if it doesn't stack then Corbulo is good for people who want to use the Combine Armed detachment for ObSec.

Exactly. It's a well thought out codex imo.

Corb is good either way, his +1 Init isnt just on the charge as far as I could see?

This is true (at least as far as I can tell from the rumors).  +1 Init always is pretty good.

Archived