Fluff advice: The Malacador

Cpt_Reaper

So I have begun re-working the fluff to my regiment and in particular their gear. I plan on my regiment to own, operate and field Malcadors  and it's variants as their only battle tank. No Leman Russ or it's variants.

My justification is thus: There is a fortress that once belonged to the Dark Angels Legion on their homeworld (shared by my Chapter). Before the Angels of Shadow turned up and opened the deepest vaults the people of the planet could access certain parts of the armoury that held the old stuff for the Imperial Army (thus the Malcador being able to be produced and supplied). When the Imperium proper turned up and offered to replace their tanks with Russ counterparts, the regiment refused on the grounds that they have always used the Malcador and have expertise with is as well as an emotional attachment.

Does this hold up? Could a regiment refuse the newer model on the grounds of "it ain't broke so don't fix it"?  

I imagine any regiment can refuse gear. The Departmento Munitorium will just send it over to grateful regiments that would. At the same time, perhaps you might consider a compromise approach where your regiment uses them but considers the Malcador to be a 'real tank' and tries its best to get as many of them as possible because it likes them a hell of a lot more.

Archived