Blood Angel Dominors

Seraphim are very specialized, it's difficult to compare them to a marine unit. I view them as a highly mobile, anti infantry, shooty unit. They don't really want to assault most of the time, just maximize that act of faith vs a nice target. 

I'd say seraphim excel in their role but lack the flexibility compared to the BA equivalent. 

Sort of like Tau crisis suits in the Firestorm configuration (Burst cannon, missile pod)?

My friend who plays sisters tries to assault with his all the time, and after looking at them (my main army is Tau) I pointed this out to him, and he just flat out denied it.

I still see this as us losing one of our few edges, sure, I did not expect to take them in combat but in shooting, that was where we had the edge.

Just not here.

Make no mistakes, I have played BA the longest of any of my armies starting back in 94 or 95 but still I don't like the overshadowing. 

Also BS on that flesh tearer BS, I mean wth was even the point of that?

I expect it was probably just White Dwarf's usual lazy journalism. Whoever wrote the article kind of half remembered there was an incident with some Flesh Tearers and Sisters on Armageddon, googled it, saw a mention of Argent Shroud on the search summary and shoved it in there.

Still, you just know that when we get our full Dark Eldar-style re-release, everyone is just going to look at our army book and say, "huh, so they're BA -1?"

I'm still borderline on plastic kits, where as i do want them I will scream when people start flavout of the monthing sisters after all he old vets have been lovingly loyal for the last decade.

Think I'm going to have to start judging people of the number of none metal models are in their armies. ;)

Archived