What are some BL moments / books that have moved you?

Kilofix

I think for me it would have to be the last scene in The Emperor's Gift in which Hyperion, and the other member of his squad (cannot remember the name) are on the surface of Terra and ring the Bell of Lost Souls for a fallen brother before parting (if I remember correctly, the other became a Techmarine).

A lot of parts from the Gaunts Ghost series also continue to move me, especially with Gol Kolea and his relationship with Dalin and Yoncy. When Dalin is given his badge cap from his late foster father, and not to mention Rhen Mertt's last stand and sacrifice at the end of Salvation's Reach.

The bit at the end of The First Heretic where Sythran throws his spear through Xaphen’s chest, simultaneously breaking his vow of silence with “I always hated you, Xaphen.” Wow.

Basically the whole of Know No Fear, just heart-stopping betrayal.

The beginning of Prospero Burns, where the Fenrisians are fighting against each other in just the most brutal way - echoing what's to come in the Heresy.

Void Stalker. The end when Uzas was revealed to have been innocent all along, and had simply been prey to the corruption of Khorne- yet he also never challenged Cyrion's framing and simply accepted it. Then he was cut down by Talos without ever being recognized for his innocence.

Having just finished Death and Defiance:

Fulgrim trying repeatedly to change his interaction with Ferrus - beautiful. Really enjoyed that short. Couldn't help but feel for him, and his constant attempts at making 'him' understand, and failing each time.

I think for me it would have to be the last scene in The Emperor's Gift in which Hyperion, and the other member of his squad (cannot remember the name) are on the surface of Terra and ring the Bell of Lost Souls for a fallen brother before parting (if I remember correctly, the other became a Techmarine).

A lot of parts from the Gaunts Ghost series also continue to move me, especially with Gol Kolea and his relationship with Dalin and Yoncy. When Dalin is given his badge cap from his late foster father, and not to mention Rhen Mertt's last stand and sacrifice at the end of Salvation's Reach.

This. A million times this. Damn Grey Knights almost brought a tear to the eye.

This. A million times this. Damn Grey Knights almost brought a tear to the eye.

Credit goes to A-D-B, he knows his craft.

Archived