Festive Season Mini Comp - Spawn

Aaand its done!

http://shrani.si/f/m/Vb/2VuFlX9/1/2014-11-01-193752.jpg

And here they are finished:

http://shrani.si/f/2N/Uw/xcTYta/img20150107215656.jpg

The result is not exactly to my expectation. I did follow the WD guide for the "pallid" flesh but the end result (perhaps because it is the entire model rather than the small surface of a face) is not one which I would like to see replicated across my army. CoC done the Spawn will go though the paint removal process. 

Aasfreser, Yep post progress, and yes Forte you can enter that. Tbh  totally forgot about this lol, guess the bits box's will be coming out later. 

Nice!

I had the idea after reading one of KrautScientists Blogposts on the conversion potential of the back then new End TImes minis. I imediatly loved the Spirithosts and wanted to integrate them into my Thousand Sons.

So here we go:

After adding a base and more destroyed Rubric pieces:

This is still a WiP, some yellow is missing and some freehands. Should be finished soon. There are at leas 2 more coming. 

Wow that is awesome, I always imagined Rubric marines to have a golden sand colour to their spirit/souls but other than that this is 100% how I imagined them dying. So yeah I was going to feel bad not entering because I just wont have a use for the model and that means death in my collection but now I just want Thousand Sons so I feel bad for a different reason.

Here's my WIP:

gallery_63428_9407_45005.jpggallery_63428_9407_11211.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_6864.jpg

Still a lot of GSing to do (joining the bodies together, some of the shoulders need filling) and the two frontmost arms added. There will also be chains linking pins through several parts of the body and limbs.

That is freaky Kierdale. Perfect.

Lucio. You making a giant spawn?

Seriously tempted, depends on whether I can justify leaving my purchase of a case & foam till February's pay cheque. Currently I'm transporting my miniatures in an ice cream tub like a 12 year old kid!

That is freaky Kierdale. Perfect.

Lucio. You making a giant spawn?

Seriously tempted, depends on whether I can justify leaving my purchase of a case & foam till February's pay cheque. Currently I'm transporting my miniatures in an ice cream tub like a 12 year old kid!

That is literally what I did when I was 12 years old. Have you been spying on me? tongue.png

Awesome! Human centipede v2.0, bodymorph.

I can hardly imagine it moving 12" on the tabletop, but that only makes your model creepier, more imposing.

I really like the bloody hands/feet. And the bloody rear, what are they feeding that thing?!

Awesome! Human centipede v2.0, bodymorph.

I can hardly imagine it moving 12" on the tabletop, but that only makes your model creepier, more imposing.

I really like the bloody hands/feet. And the bloody rear, what are they feeding that thing?!

Thanks!

I haven't actually seen the Human Centipede movies (I'm too squeamish!), but this Spawn was based on the idea.

And yes, it would probably be bloody terrifying to see this thing moving at double human speed.

*shivers*... that's almost too creepy...almost :D

Almost?

Damn. I'll have to push it more with the next one.

Why is there blood on that end, by the four?!

(Yes that is for some reason the part that disturbs me the most...)

Also, I have some bad news, some of my parts haven't arrived yet and I have been haven't ng computer trouble, so finishing and then presenting the spawn may be difficult, but I will try to get at least something up.

Bad news and good news:
Bad news, the parts for the spawn I was originally going to make for the competition are still in the mail, so I wasn't able to complete it.

Good news: I did most of the work on another spawn during the timeline of this competition, it isn't varnished and based yet, but it is otherwise complete. (ETL Complete for instance). Hopefully it meets your approval. More pics in my blog.

Shell Spawn Finished 6

Shell Spawn Finished 4

Shell Spawn Finished 1

So, who failed in their goal on this one?

You get a chance to redeem yourself if you sign up for the Augustus Arena event, and use your spawn as your first challenge!

Nice hint there ;)

So, who failed in their goal on this one?

You get a chance to redeem yourself if you sign up for the Augustus Arena event, and use your spawn as your first challenge!

Nice hint there msn-wink.gif

I can only hint because somebody took themselves out of the running for the new event!

Seriously, you need to start considering a unique Grey colour scheme for your models, so you can just dip them in Army Painter Strong and call it done.

Archived