Got Exterminatus and the WD:)

Pascalnz

I'm sure they know, but just play dumb at times. They do have to sell a product, ya know.

I think originally they genuinely didn't. I get the impression that GW internally is/was largely composed of guys who are hobbyists and don't get/much care for competitive play. Eventually they realised that actually there are a lot of people out there now that really care about winning, and that they can use that. It's a bit schizophrenic, but it makes sense. Look at the front page of this forum. Most of the topics are about what has the strongest rules, GW are only reacting to that.

But back in the day, you could not wait for each one to see what they were throwing out there.  Making terrain from scratch, lots of cool things, not just a platform to push the latest and greatest GW minis.

This. I used to love WD when it was a magazine that covered the hobby, but it hasn't been that for a long time.

I'm sure they know, but just play dumb at times. They do have to sell a product, ya know.

I think originally they genuinely didn't. I get the impression that GW internally is/was largely composed of guys who are hobbyists and don't get/much care for competitive play. Eventually they realised that actually there are a lot of people out there now that really care about winning, and that they can use that. It's a bit schizophrenic, but it makes sense. Look at the front page of this forum. Most of the topics are about what has the strongest rules, GW are only reacting to that.

But back in the day, you could not wait for each one to see what they were throwing out there.  Making terrain from scratch, lots of cool things, not just a platform to push the latest and greatest GW minis.

This. I used to love WD when it was a magazine that covered the hobby, but it hasn't been that for a long time.

You forget that in 2014 'The Hobby'© is collecting wonderful Games Workshop miniatures.

And they actively and vocally dont give a :cuss about competitive players at all.

Btw folks, from the rumours so far, it looks like there's nothing to do with the Blood Angels in WD48.

Pity, that was my last hope for some formation or detachment that would allow me to field extra Sanguinary Guard units. Pretty much every other entry in the Elite section has some sort of D/F that allows them to be fielded in multiples or buffed (several in the case of Vanguard).

But the boys in gold get no love. :(

Btw folks, from the rumours so far, it looks like there's nothing to do with the Blood Angels in WD48.

Pity, that was my last hope for some formation or detachment that would allow me to field extra Sanguinary Guard units. Pretty much every other entry in the Elite section has some sort of D/F that allows them to be fielded in multiples or buffed (several in the case of Vanguard).

But the boys in gold get no love. sad.png

I had been hoping for that too. Oh well.

I have 5 units. :(

I could roll them up into larger units, it just seems a shame that they are the only Elite unit without some sort of option in this area. Dreads and Veterans of most flavours are covered by the Archangels detachment and Death Company by the Mortalis formation.

I have 5 units. sad.png I could roll them up into larger units, it just seems a shame that they are the only Elite unit without some sort of option in this area. Dreads and Veterans of most flavours are covered by the Archangels detachment and Death Company by the Mortalis formation.

I had been hoping when the new codex hit to build a pure SG army. Obviously not happening now. But my 10 SG will hit the table often.

Just the 2nd half of Cities of Death if you want that.

What do you mean and where can I find the first half? Wasn't Cities of Death and expansion like Apocalypse or Stronghold Assault?

Just the 2nd half of Cities of Death if you want that.

What do you mean and where can I find the first half? Wasn't Cities of Death and expansion like Apocalypse or Stronghold Assault?

WD 47 has the start of the Cities of Death rules including the first 18 cards for a COD objective deck.  WD 48 has the 2nd half.

Since everything in the formation still has access to all of the upgrades they'd normally have access too and the formations that have alternate relic lists are specifically stated as having alternate relic lists, it is more than reasonable that unless stated otherwise, they do have access to the relic list from the core rule book.

So I'm wondering what formation will you guys be running? The three stormraveen one is two expensive for my tastes and the game is decided pretty much with a dice roll at the begining. The sternguard one looks fun but they have to start in the raven. Can the seargent take a located beacon because it would be fun to have some no scatter deep tricking behind an important object.

But the boys in gold get no love. sad.png

Erm. Archangels.

1HQ, 2-16 elites?

Erm. Archangels.

1HQ, 2-16 elites?

I thought the Archangels units were only chosen from VV, SV, and both flavors of Terminator squad. Is that not true? Can you do 16 units of SG with that formation?

(I haven't picked up Exterminatus yet because I want it in soft-cover)

Archived