Dragging the guard back out - Ogryn chop shop pg 13

SW1

Have you looked at the old Fabius Bile model? I have one converted as an Inquisitor, wouldnt be too hard to model him like a Rogue Trader I think. And would fit the whole metal - 2nd/3rd edition look.

How did you strip your tanks btw? Also in Dettol? Or some kind of oven-cleaner/foam..?

Tanks just go in a bigger container with even more dettol. If you can cover over 50% of the height then you can soak and scrub one side then flip it over to soak the other side.

Think there's a WHFB witch hunter in the running for the RT currently

And we're off ...

I SW1 enter the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Stormlord with a pair of sponson (lascannon + t/l heavy flamers) on behalf of the Imperial Guard of total value 530pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstrnvtpy8.jpg

(Edited in the points cheers Toxichobbit)

I masked off the tracks but too tired to crack out the airbrush to spray the tracks last night. Hopefully the masking tape won't lift any of the primer!!! Does normal masking tape work ok or is there special low tack stuff I am meant to use? Currently using cheap pound shop tape. Guess I'll find out later. :/

While I'm spraying the tracks later today I'll get a chunk of bases undercoated for future pledges as well. Managed to tack loads onto old place mats in preparation.

Wife's done the school run so I could get a start on spraying without any kids in the way before heading out the house.

How long do you leave the tape in place after you have sprayed? Lol ... This is a bit of a learning curve for me. Not sure if I should remove while still tacky or once dry.

Normal masking tape should be fine, but you can always stick it to a few things first to reduce the tack. You can remove it when you like but best to leave it until the paint is dry so you don't accidentally touch some. Great to see you off to a good start, not too fast though so I can catch up with my Shadowsword ;)

Just sprayed and it's drying pretty quickly so I whipped it off. Realised if I let it fully dry it might lift the edge.

Diving out to my brothers for a bit. Will get a pic up later on.

Lol ... just a bit of friendly rivalry with the superheavy offing.

I'll be working solid for the next 4 days so there's plenty of time for the Lord Commissar to catch up. ;)

I did a bit more of a practice with the airbrush undercoating all the bases I had to hand earlier. So now there's 116 x 25mm bases, 52 x 40mm bases and 12 x 60mm (the dread size ones) bases sat with a coat of metal over the top of a black undercoat. So I will have whatever I decide to do for the next vow covered as long as it is troop based. Though if I do all the heavy weapons teams there won't be anywhere near enough. :D

Just spent the last 2 hours scrubbing more models. Need to get through the current batch as the arms for several hq models will be sat at the bottom of the container. Which is a bit frustrating as I can't currently work out what I have available yet.

Cheers for that. The bnc functions don't seem to like my tablet or phone when posting pics.

Photobucket is playing up so having to find an option that works now rather than scrambling around later in a rush.

I seem to have more specials and heavies than I can possibly use with my current numbers of grunts with flashlights. This can only mean one thing ... I need more grunts with flashlights!!! :D

Might worry about that post ETL though as there may be a third box hidden away in the loft as there's still some AWOL commissars. ;)

So there is a super heavy race... Gentlemen, start your engines ;)

AWOL commissars??? Never!!

So there is a super heavy race... Gentlemen, start your engines ;)

AWOL commissars??? Never!!

Maybe there off having a meeting with tea and biscuits?

Lol ... Or maybe being mainly made up of Catachan models they thought a strategic reassignment was in order?

Hmmm ... Tomorrow is a bank holiday and I'm stuck in a bank call centre for 11 hours tomorrow.

Maybe I'll get some hobbying done? ;)

While discussing the ETL with a mate the question of how to fill the meat sack requirements came up. A little treasure trove of Catachan plastics was brought out for my perusal. Combined with the MT scions heads I think I may be onto a winner.

I also found the missing bits to the Stormlord which is a relief as trying to explain buying another one to the wife wasn't appealing.

Also looking at the Ogryn multipart metal bodies I think they will take the new plastic heads nicely. Which will allow me to avoid using the stupid horned helmet heads!!!

I'm starting to look forward to the troops that will come after the SH. :)

Sorting through the heavy weapons and I think I'll have enough for 3 lascannon HWSs, 2 mortar HWSs, 2 autocannon HWSs, 3 m/launcher HWSs (though I think there's the bits waiting to be stripped to add another full HWS) and 3 heavy bolter HWSs.

That's atleast 39 HWTs and the aim will be to make as many of them as possible to have Catachan gunners/loaders. I think the only way I can keep sane with this project is to give myself some limits. So only Catachan heavy weapons teams for now. I can add others at a later date if need be.

Scrubbed a load more guard including a possible model for my rogue trader, Straken, Donna Ulanti and the female grenade launcher models. They're currently sitting in a bath of clean dettol awaiting a final scrub then it'll be time for scrub/wash with really soapy water.

The Stormlord will have some attention today as well!!!

Slight hickup in painting at the moment, as I've picked up a back injury in work. Been to the docs and been given some heavy duty pain relief.

Looks like I'll be out of action for a while. :(

Bad news! I hope you get better soon, but backs are fickle things sometimes :( If your mattress isn't that new I'd recommend getting a new one to help, you can even get fancy form ones and other stuff I have no clue about.

Last night found me sleeping on the floor as it was the only place I could get reasonably comfortable.

Funny you should mention a new mattress though. As a new bed is currently being custom made by the father inlaw. Will be getting a new mattress when the bed arrives. Eyeing up a firm pocket sprung mattress with a memory foam layer.

While I'm out of action I'll collect my thoughts/ideas for the army.

Colours were going to be dark grey/black for the vehicles with red lenses and dull metals. This will be pushing my painting skills as I've never really painted lenses or jewels other than gloss varnish over a flat colour. These super heavies getting done have really made me want to pick out the extra details on my tanks properly.

Troops wise I'm thinking of doing the fatigues a black base with a very lightly drybrushed dark grey and then medium blue/grey blobs with dots of light grey on the medium. There will be a lot of flesh on the Catachan models which will help break up the dark look and I think a dirty light grey for any t-shirts. Bets pouches and such I'm not 100% sure on yet and I'm thinking the weapon cases maybe a metallic black.

Tried doing a little bit on the tank. Not sure if my unsteady hand has messed it up a bit.

Ended up trying a camo patern with mid grey banding on the dark grey the tank is already sprayed and then black lines between the two greys.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/154220-iron-lady-5/

Think I'll stick with it and see where it goes.

(I'll sort the link out into an image when I'm not using my phone)

Archived