Dragging the guard back out - Ogryn chop shop pg 13

SW1

Been trying to work out the best way to represent the idea of a Rogue Traders force. Looking at the models I have I'm thinking the Catachan type models (Catachan/Orlock/Esher/Goliath) will be vets and the mishmash of other models will be the normal grunts. So vets and special/heavy weapons squads will all be Catachan. The normal infantry squads will be the other types.

Trying to think of a way of explaining the different troop uniforms and such. A cohesive paint job works wonders to pull an army together but having something to explain the mishmash of models helps and I now have something that will differentiate between vets and grunts.

I'm also thinking that the RT will have several officers who like to stick their noses wherever and that can be represented by Commissars. Though I won't be having many platoons so need to find a way of shoehorning extras into the army so the Lord Commissar option will probably get used several times. Not the most efficient option gaming wise but I think it'll work fluff wise.

The world is your oyster with a Rouge Trader force. My feeling would be to run vets looking like highly trained soldiers (Cadian poss of other well armoured models), and having the grunts as a rag tag bunch of misfits.

Did someone say "Rogue Trader force?" Oh, the delights of limitless fluff opportunities. Pew pew pew happy.png!

So many ideas, so little time. Ok. So have you thought about what your Warrant of Trade will be? Galactic? Extragalactic? Will you have Ecclesiarchy representation in case you run into newly rediscovered planets? The possibilities!

I'm going to lie down now. This is just too much excitement turned.gif!

Hmmm ... The warrent I think will be to push the boundaries of known space and allows for the settling of new worlds and due to this there is a heavy Ecclesiarchy presence.

The plan is to have Father Saw (limited edition Santa with chainsword) leading my Ecclesiarchy presence. There's the chainsword wielding necromunda bloke and a pair of metal priest from WHFB range with hammers (the hammer time twins who express the might of the emperor through the rhythmic percussion of the un-enlightened) and if I can find him the special character priest with shotgun the sisters had and a few others.

Made a bit of a mistake and poured Morrisons cheap version of dettol into a pot of models with dettol in. There was a reaction but after leaving over night it seems to have started softening the paint. Will have to see how this turns out.

Lol ... It's bought from a store that mainly provides goods to businesses. So I could have bought 40 litres and not stood out. ;)

Just want to get as much cleaned as possible now rather that trying to clean stuff and also paint at the same time later. Even with gloves it takes a few days to get my hands back into shape. Holding little things tight enough so they don't slip while scrubbing I end up with cramped hands.

Managed to squeeze a few extra tanks in with the Iron Lady:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstrujo8qj.jpg

Topped up the level a bit more so when the lids on forcing it down (the blasted thing floats quite well) it's 2/3 under. Just need another big container for the other tanks and maybe another for the rest of the guard.

I'm thinking that it's better for the metal guard to sit in proper dettol and get shaken regularly and the get the toothbrush treatment when the bulk has dropped off. I've got a bunch of old SM bolters/backpacks sitting in dettol on a shelf forgotten for a month or three and there's sludge at the bottom but the plastics looking pretty clean. That's just had the odd shake every now and then.

Starting to get a little burned out of stripping models. 30 mins for less that 25 points of models!!!

Might take Easter off from stripping any more models.

Think once the paint starts coming loose on the tanks my enthusiasm might return.

That's the keyword for this hobby: patience. Also, knowing when to step away helps, too happy.png!

Think about when they're all done. You'll have a whole army's worth of troopers and tanks to get on with. That has got to be exciting biggrin.png!

Well a few mins of toothbrush action got this:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswij1nlgl.jpg

That is the imperial Guard for you - relentless and repetitive work to assemble your force but it will be all worth it in the end thumbsup.gif

Archived