Drop Assault out

Kilofix

Just downloaded this yesterday. Loyal Sons of Horus. I like it but if I'm honest, boom beach and sw commander are getting more of my attention. Any general tips i should be aware of?

What Jolemai said about base building and economy are all great points. I will only add stress to his point about acquiring three tech marines. This has absolute priority over all other things.

Power is the limiting resource - you'll most likely never run out of munitions. 

Only play when you need the power to upgrade something, but try to get a high weekly score - which will yield the machine spirits. Especially in the beginning, when buildings upgrade quite fast so you need lots of power and thus have to play often.

The game has had a recent update, which IMO completely changed gameplay and tactics, so take the following with a grain of salt.:

I've had the best succes with mono-terminators up untill about level 12. Then I switched to mono-jetbikes. Keep them upgraded to the max over at your science station. Most people underestimate jetbikes because of their frailty, but when upgraded and supported by the right relics, they can take as much punch as terminators in the beginning. They also are extremely fast, which makes rushing a viable tactic (which makes destroying bases quicker (It take me usually about 15 seconds to destroy a base, versus up to a minute with terminators)), which makes collecting power more efficient - which comes in handy when you need to collect 2M+ power to upgrade in higher levels). Also, they deal the most damage of all non-vehicle units per second, AND jetbikes have the deflagrate rule, which means nearby buildings will get damage from explosions caused by them. With enough jetbikes, you can cut through a base like butter. They work better with Bloodlust (I play traitors), but I guess Servo Heal protects them from most damage. 

Also, any clans on here for Loyalists? Finally bought a Chapter HQ.

Liberites was one I was maintaining for a while, but I can't say how active it is now. Haven't been on for a few months.

Maybe when I get tired with Star Wars Commander, I'll come back.

Also, any clans on here for Loyalists? Finally bought a Chapter HQ.

Liberites was one I was maintaining for a while, but I can't say how active it is now. Haven't been on for a few months.

Maybe when I get tired with Star Wars Commander, I'll come back.

Ya, SW commander is too much fun. Need a clan for that too.

Yeah, these types of games tend to swing through the extremes when it comes to groups. Drop Assault has Chapters with no in-game value, just allows for social interaction. SWC on the other hand has Squads who can donate troops for offense and defense actions, and in later levels an active Squad is required if you want to have a chance at defending, and therefore a chance at holding onto the massive amount of resources you have to gather for every single upgrade.

Message me if you want to join me in SWC, if Empire.

• 3 months later...

I think I'm then only one left playing this but here's the latest update summary anyway:

New Terminator unit - basically just a tougher Terminator (still CC only) with Legion specific graphics.

New multiplayer arena - 9 capture points - some grant boosts or provide static defenses.

New type of PVE base to capture that gives more Power / HR.

Some UI improvements.

Daily / weekly achievements to get Machine Spirit.

All in all, not that different.

Game crashes on the loading screen. The folk at Complex Games emailed me today asking for me to update and retry, that the update should have fixed my particular issue. No such luck.

Good on them for keeping my information and that personal touch, though. Nice to see.

Change log for March 14, 2016

• Skirmish mode is back! We know you’ve been waiting patiently for PvP to return and we are so excited for you to check out this completely revamped mode of the game. Stay tuned for videos outlining the changes to Skirmish mode.
  • We’ve tweaked the balance of a number of units in response to your feedback and player trends over these past few months. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on these updates, so please let us know what you think by tapping on the Help button in the Options menu of your game. Thank you!
  • Introducing Power Bases: Power bases are now contestable between you and other players. This means that each time you fight for the base and someone wins, the base and its defenses will increase in level and resource output, adding a new layer of challenge to the game.
  • You may remember that we recently introduced our very first Legion Elite unit in the fall, the Archmagos. This update introduces four more Legion Elite units called Legion Terminators, which are an Elite version of the Terminators you’ve grown accustomed to in Drop Assault. (Don’t worry, regular Terminators are still waiting for you.) Legion Terminators are the first unit that are specific to your Legion choice, meaning the Sons of Horus legion gets their own Legion Terminator and so on. Each Legion Terminator has their own unique strength and can be retrained and upgraded using Legion Favour, just like the Archmagos.
  • We’ve made new challenges, offers, and events for you. These include deals on purchases, events that increase your spoils, and much more.
  • We’ve added some new ways to retrain troops that are both faster and lower in total Resource cost.
  • Speaking of troops, we’ve addressed an issue with troop losses upon log out.
  • We’ve updated the world map with a new 3D look.
  • In an effort to be able to bring you more Drop Assault content, we’ve added advertisements to the game. Don’t worry, ads will never randomly pop up in your game. Instead, viewing ads are entirely optional to train your troops faster or receive a little bit of Machine Spirit.
  • Lastly, we’ve improved memory usage in the game so you have to log in less often than before.
  • Questions, comments? We’d love to hear from you. The best way to reach us is by tapping on the Help button in the Options menu to send a quick message to our in-house support team.

Source

Change log for March 14, 2016

• Introducing Power Bases: Power bases are now contestable between you and other players. This means that each time you fight for the base and someone wins, the base and its defenses will increase in level and resource output, adding a new layer of challenge to the game.

First off, everyone lost their owned power bases and any power waiting to be collected at your monument :dry.: Each base is different and is essentially like attacking a PvE base. Need to play more it seems. Also, when  you win a base you end up on a screen with the base in your colours (i.e. it's like your home base screen) but you can't edit it.

• You may remember that we recently introduced our very first Legion Elite unit in the fall, the Archmagos. This update introduces four more Legion Elite units called Legion Terminators, which are an Elite version of the Terminators you’ve grown accustomed to in Drop Assault. (Don’t worry, regular Terminators are still waiting for you.) Legion Terminators are the first unit that are specific to your Legion choice, meaning the Sons of Horus legion gets their own Legion Terminator and so on. Each Legion Terminator has their own unique strength and can be retrained and upgraded using Legion Favour, just like the Archmagos.

This requires legion favour to buy and upgrade. Ergo, I need to play more

• We’ve added some new ways to retrain troops that are both faster and lower in total Resource cost.

Basically, anything you are waiting on can have it's time reduced by watching an advert video...

• In an effort to be able to bring you more Drop Assault content, we’ve added advertisements to the game. Don’t worry, ads will never randomly pop up in your game. Instead, viewing ads are entirely optional to train your troops faster or receive a little bit of Machine Spirit.

Again, this is video watching. Also, when you beat a base you can watch a video to increase your rewards by 50%. There's also a once per day thing on the map you can watch that grants you ten Machine Spirit

There's account link. I can play and continue on either my iPad or iPhone.

Also, check this out:

You CAN reconfigure captured Power Bases.

You can't build any new stuff or upgrade but you can move stuff around in your Power Bases.

Actually, Power Bases are turning out to be quite fun, since it's a mini base building challenge to reconfigure them for defense just like you would your own base but without being able to build new or upgrade. The AI cannot recapture your Power Bases, only other players can.

Also, I was wrong about Legion specific TDAs. There are differences.

SoH have a short ranged Storm Bolter.

EC have Very Fast speed.

DG have a lot more HP (but my regular DG TDAs are still tougher as they are upgraded and my Legion TDAs aren't).

WE do more damage.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today's update v1.40

- Added 10 New Heroes, each with a unique combat tactic! Many more heroes coming soon!

- Hero stats & Tactics can be leveled up by fighting battles.

- A new Scriptorum Building allows Heroes to defend your base.

- A new Warlord Throne Building brings Heroes into battle.

- The Forge how has a Wargear option which allows you to craft powerful items to equip onto Heroes.

- You can now claim one free Forge each day after watching a video.

Took them a while but here's the changelog for this update:

Change log for July 7, 2016

- Added 10 New Heroes with many more to be released in the coming weeks!
- Each Hero has a unique tactic to be used in battle.
- Heroes stats and Tactics can be leveled up by fighting battles.
- Added the Scriptorum Building to allow Heroes to defend your base.
- Added the Warlord Throne Building to bring Heroes into battle.
- Added New Wargear option to the Forge, which allows you to craft powerful items to equip onto Heroes.
- You can now claim one free Forge each day after watching a Video.
- We have reverted a Health buff which Tactical Marines received with the previous update due to an imbalance that it caused.

Yeah, heroes are pretty cool. SoH ftw.

Also can anyone help me with the 4th Prime Objective? The level/rank 40 one? I just cannot seem to do it at all regardnless of what troops I use.

Archived