Carmine Blades - Completed Blood Angels Army!

keeblerartillery

Great looking Captain! The Conversion World bitz are one of my favourites visually, tho the sword I got from them was extremely thin and the hand guard snapped easily unfortunately. The shield is more than solid tho! There's still a long way to go for it to look as awesome as the Terminator Sergeant shield (best looking SS in the Marine range imo) but still great looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice effects!
However try to apply the wash first of all to places where grit/shade would normally gather. It looks strange when the highest points of the plates are darker than the lower plates. Still, your colours are beautiful!

Thanks all!

Maj - Those effects aren’t actually from the wash, but from the way I placed the highlights during the airbrushing steps. The wash was just to the recesses. Those high points that are shadowed are right next to hard planes on the mini - the idea was that the light was coming from a different direction there. But I’ll keep it in mind!

Edited by keeblerartillery

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on all of this, really beautiful models you are turning out here!

I’m a huge fan of your captain conversion too! I’ve had my eye on a couple of bits from that company (forgotten the name now..) for a while!

How do you rate the quality? I’m always super wary of resin... hate working with it!

Thanks neon! Actually, their products are wonderful. I’m in the process of cleaning up the conversions (I made a couple minor errors that I know will bug me, and I am testing a scheme for their weapons) but the quality is superb. I have pretty much all of their blood angels stuff at this point haha. The only issue is that one of the shields came a bit thin, and so you could see through the resin for part of the shield, but a little green stuff cleared it up. Honestly, much easier to work with than FW or GW resin

• 2 weeks later...

The sword looks pretty neat, although will look best on a statue:P Where is that sword from BTW?

Nice job on the armiger's legs (the splayed ones). And I love the sheen you added to the marble. It looks good with gold/brass trim.