Forgeworld bulletin 45 - event exclusive miniatures!

Slips

The models seem to be lacking specific legion iconograpy, don't doubt they'll fit many legions.

Glad to see they're not known characters, hated Hamath Kraatos being event only.

I was lucky to get my hand on one quite cheap.

I love them both, though hard to see how they'll fit into my Night Lords, especially the gorgeous ALpha Legion painted mini.

I might see if I can buy two; convert one for my Night Lords, and keep the other au naturale as he would make an awesome White Scar Centurion

I like them. They both seem generic yet ornate enough to work for "%LEGION Sargent in Artificer Armor w/ Power weapon" depending on what the shoulder pads look like and those are pretty easy to move/remove anyway. That said I will absolutely knife fight you for the Alpha Legion dude.

And as an aside: dare I dream that the little XX on his knee is a decal (and not just an Iron Hands decal doubled up or some generic "X" decal from wherever)?

I've just noticed the following as i read through the bulletin:

There’s loads more coming up for the Horus Heresy Weekender, so stay tuned. Keep an eye out for a newsflash on Wednesday too! 

I've just noticed the following as i read through the bulletin:

There’s loads more coming up for the Horus Heresy Weekender, so stay tuned. Keep an eye out for a newsflash on Wednesday too!

Why oh why oh why do I get distracted by pretty pictures and never read the actual article wallbash.gif

I swear if they release sevatar for the weekender only I will not be impressed!

I expect Polux + Sevatar on pre-release sale for the attendees then 1-3 weeks before general release.

I swear if they release sevatar for the weekender only I will not be impressed!

I expect Polux + Sevatar on pre-release sale for the attendees then 1-3 weeks before general release.

my personal wishlisting for the weekender (either for sale or at least WIP pictures)

- Polux

- Sevatar

- Imperial Fists command set

- Maloghurst

- Eidolon

- Alpha Legion specific units and upgrade kits

- Iron Warriors specific units and upgrade kits

- Deredeo with more weapon options (volkites, plasma)

- Solar Auxilia Stormhammer

- finished Reaver Titan weapon options (chainfist f.e.)

and many, many more wub.png

my personal wishlisting for the weekender (either for sale or at least WIP pictures)

- Polux

- Polevatux

- Imperial Fists command set

- Polhuxst

- Peidolux

- ImperiAlphist Legion specific units and upgrade kits

- Imperon Faistiors specific units and upgrade kits

- Dornedeo with more weapon options (volkites, plasma)

- PolAuxilia Stormhammer

- finished Reaver Titan weapon options (chainfist f.e.)

and many, many more wub.png

This is how I read it. biggrin.png

It's entirely possible the Alpha Legion guy could be a generic 'Lodge Chieftan' for any Legion which happens to have been painted up in Alpha colours - would explain the serpent iconography.

Then again, with the mask, I like to think it's an Alpha Legion 'Redactor' tongue.png

My first thought when I saw this guy was your awesome photoshop Legionnaires! I lurked that thread pretty hard

I definitely want to grab one as a chaplain counts-as. It may be one of my favorite minis ever as of right now, everything about him is what I've wanted to see in Heresy minis for a while. That look where they're just beginning to go Chaos-y and look more like barbaric warriors is what I've been waiting for. The SoH specific minis have been there, but I'm glad to see more "any traitor legion" figures now. He could even make a good Space Wolf with a little work.

i like the models, but wish the releases werent solely traitor Marines...i've little interest in fielding them.

WLK

I see nothing that makes these Marines overly Traitor at all. They look like 30K Marines, nothing more... nothing less.

i like the models, but wish the releases werent solely traitor Marines...i've little interest in fielding them.

WLK

I see nothing that makes these Marines overly Traitor at all. They look like 30K Marines, nothing more... nothing less.

They'd even fit in with a Unification Wars force. Drat, now I may HAVE to check out an auction site.

WLK

Except for the Iron Warrior icon on the Power Fist wielder, and the Hydras on the Axe dude.

WLK

There's no Iron Warrior insignia on that model. There's a skull on his belt, but it's not an Iron Warriors symbol. It's actually based on Death Guard or Word Bearers artwork. I'm trying to ascertain if the Alpha Legionnaire has actual Alpha Legion symbolism on his chest piece, or if it's just generic artificing as seen in the Sons of Horus artwork it's based on. Something tells me both are supposed to be generic (and the Alpha Legionnaire actually reminds me more of John Blanche's art for Thunder Warriors than anything).

Archived